Search:

SIYE Time:4:23 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


I'll Stand by You
By oliverwoodubmine

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 15
Summary: Just a short One-shot song-fic. Right before Harry's 7th year starts. Party at the Weasley's and some girlfriends sing a song to their boyfriends!! Please read and review!! First fanfic!
Hitcount: Story Total: 3670







ChapterPrinter


There was a party the Weasleys’ garden that night because it was the week before they returned to school, and they wanted to celebrate Harry’s recent defeat of Voldemort on his seventeenth birthday.

Harry and Ginny could be seen dancing rather closely to each other while others just danced everywhere. Dean Thomas, who was acting as DJ for the night, turned to the announcer Lee Jordan as he, Lee, called that they were going to get to see a real treat that night.

Ginny walked away from Harry to a group of four girls as she started to prepare for what she was going to do. Hermione, Angelina, Alicia, Katie, and herself had picked out a song that they were going to dedicate to their boyfriends. Ginny had been dating Harry since the previous year and she wanted to tell him how she felt through the song that they had picked out. Ginny would be singing lead and everyone else was back up. Hermione had found a song by a Muggle group called The Pretenders and the song was “I’ll Stand by You.” The girls thought that this song was very appropriate because they had all stood by their men, but none more so than Ginny.

Lee called out, “Alright everyone, it’s time to start! Why doesn’t everyone take a seat, and then we can get started? Alright, we have a group of ladies that want to dedicate a song to their devilishly handsome and sexy boyfriends!” They all glared at Lee. “Okay, so I added the devilishly handsome and sexy part, but I am one of those lucky guys!”

Ginny, Hermione, Angelina, Alicia, and Katie led their men, (Harry, Ron, Fred, George, and Lee respectively) to the front row of saved seats. They gave them small kisses on the lips and then went on to the slightly raised platform.

Dean started the background music to go along with the girls’ singing.

Ginny started…

Oh why you look so sad? Tears are in your eyes

Come on and come to me now.
Don’t be ashamed to cry, let me see you through
Cause I’ve seen the dark side too.


Ginny closed her eyes while she was singing, thinking back over the previous year.

**Flashback**

Harry Potter had gone to the Burrow two weeks after the end of his 5th year at Hogwarts. He looked thinner and was always walking around brooding. The Weasleys didn’t know what to do about him.

Mrs. Weasley tried to get him to eat, but not even his favorite foods would make him have much of an appetite. Mr. Weasley tried to get him to talk about Muggle things with him but Harry just kept staring at the floor.

One night, about a week after Harry arrived at the Burrow, after he had awoken from a nightmare (about the Department of Mysteries incident) he went downstairs to sit in front of the fire. When he got downstairs he noticed Ginny was sitting on the couch. Ginny looked up from the fireplace and looked at Harry. She stayed silent but patted the cushion next to her. He cautiously sat down next to her and stared into the dying flames.

They sat together in silence until Ginny quietly asked him, “Did you have a nightmare too?”

Harry looked at her and then slowly nodded his head. That was the most he had done since his arrival.

Ginny sighed and tentatively said, “If you ever need to talk I’ll be there for you, whenever.”

Harry look into her beautiful brown eyes and saw understanding and sympathy but not pity. Everyone else felt bad for him. Maybe Ginny was different. Maybe she did understand. He kept staring at her as she turned back towards the fire.

After another long silence Harry finally spoke, but in a voice so small Ginny had to strain to hear him, “It hurts, Ginny.” Then Harry Potter did something that he had never done before in anyone’s presence … he cried.

When the night falls on you, you don’t know what to do,
Nothing you confess could make me love you less


Harry confessed everything that was hurting him to Ginny that night. He finally fell asleep exhausted with his head in Ginny’s lap and her fingers running through his hair. He started to seek Ginny out to just talk to her about anything and everything. He found that it was easier to talk to her than it was to talk to anyone else.

I’ll stand by you, I’ll stand by you, won’t let nobody hurt you,
I’ll stand by you.

So If you’re mad get mad, don’t hold it all inside,
Come on and talk to me now.
And hey, what you got to hide? I get angry too
But I’m a lot like you.


Ron had gotten mad at Ginny for talking to Harry. Harry finally got so sick of Ron yelling at Ginny for being in his, Harry’s, business that he blew up at him one day.
Ginny took Harry out to the orchard to calm him down. Harry fumed, yelled and, through sticks at trees. Ginny sat there and listened to it all. Ginny’s temper was starting to rise when Harry wouldn’t shut up for two seconds so she could say something, so she did the only thing she could think of that would make him shut up. She pushed him against a tree and kissed him with everything she had.

That shut him up.

When you’re standing at the crossroads, don’t know which path to choose
Let me come along, cause even when your wrong
I’ll stand by you, I’ll stand by you, won’t let nobody hurt you,
I’ll stand by you
Take me to your darkest hour, and I’ll never desert you,
I’ll stand by you


Harry and Ginny had started dating at the end of the summer, much to Molly and Arthur’s delight. She was the best thing that ever happened to him. She brought light and laughter into what, he thought, would be his darkest year.

Harry did not know how he had lived without her in his life this whole time. But then he thought back. Ginny had always been there for him, but he was just to blind to see it. ‘Well,’ he thought, ‘she won’t slip through my fingers this time!’

And when, when the night falls on you baby, you’re feeling alone,
You won’t be on your own, I’ll stand by you, I’ll stand by you,
I’ll stand by you, won’t let nobody hurt you, I’ll stand by you,
Take me into your darkest hour and I’ll never desert you
I’ll stand by you.


The day of Harry’s seventeenth birthday Voldemort attacked Hogwarts. The order was staying there this summer and had been warned of the attacks by Professor Snape and Harry’s nightmare visions. Harry was completely ready to kill Voldemort this time.

Before the battle started Harry found Ginny. He kissed her, held her, and told her how much he loved her. “Be careful love. I need you. I love you!”

“I love you too, Harry. Don’t you dare die on me! Be careful and come back to me when this is all over.”

Ginny would be helping Madame Pomfrey in the infirmary, while Harry would be in the great hall with all the teachers, order members, and Aurors that were fighting.

Harry kissed Ginny one more time and then left for the Great Hall.

**end flashback**

The last chords of the song played and the girls all stepped down to their boyfriends, who were giving them a standing ovation. The guys all wrapped their arms around the girls and then kissed them.

Harry whispered in Ginny’s ear, “Thanks, love! You never did desert me. I love you, Ginny Weasley.” Then he kissed her again.

The End
Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear