Search:

SIYE Time:15:09 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


How we were
By Motare

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Humor
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 9
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

-"Where is Daddy?" Ginny went completely still. She knew that one of the two were going to ask her that sooner or later.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3154







ChapterPrinter



How we were


Part one



Ginny had been walking in circles for quite some time, before she remembered she had to pick up Chloe and Nathan at Ron and Hermione’s. She had dropped her 11-year-old twins there half an hour ago.
She had not had any alone time for the last many years and her brother and his wife had offered to help, so of course it would have been stupid of her to refuse.
She had been thinking about “Him” lately. He had been set on a mission many years back and he still hadn’t returned. The children kept asking about their father but Ginny had decided to keep quiet about it. Actually she hadn’t told anyone who the father was. Not even Ron and Hermione. It tortured her but she felt it was the right thing to do at the time and she had not regretted it to this day. She was positive that he must have died.

She had walked all the over to Ron and Hermione’s within minutes. The light was still on. She checked her watch, only seven-thirty.

-“Well, that was quick! We reckoned you would be away longer.” Her brother greeted her at the door.

-“Mum, mummy — look what I got from-”

-“You mean we” Chloe interrupted.

-“Yeah, we” Said Nathan mockingly to his sister. Ginny couldn’t help laughing. They reminded her of two people she went to school with.

-Well, anyway. We got a galleon and we can spend it on whatever we want!” Her sons face was beaming up at her.

-“Ronnie, You shouldn’t have. You know you do not have the money to just give them away like that.” But Ron just shook his head while getting a butterbeer.

-“Anything for my favourite niece and nephew, until the baby is born.” Ron went to pat his wife’s belly.

-“Oh, yes. I forgot to ask. How far are you now ‘Mione?” Ginny asked while receiving a butter beer from Ron.

-“Oh, just about two months.” She said this like it wasn’t a big deal but she was beaming nonetheless.

-“It’s so exciting” Ginny sat down beside her and flung an arm around her shoulder.

-“We have to go shopping for baby-stuff. Oh and toys too.” Hermione gave her a little smile but it faded quickly.

-“Ginny, you can tell me. Something is wrong and… don’t say it’s nothing because I know something is bothering you.” Ginny hid her head in her hands.

-“It is just-“ She sighed exasperated “I don’t know what to do anymore.” Hermione put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

-“Is it about the father of Chloe and Nate?” Ginny nodded but kept her head down.

-“I’ll kill the bloody bastard, if I ever get my hands on him I’ll-”

-“Ron! Will you stop that. You don’t even know the bloke” Hermione said.

“Well, no… but I know he is a no-good loser to leave my sister like that!”

-“Thanks for trying to protect me Ron but he is really not that bad.”

-“Yeah, well he should never have left you like that. Didn’t you say he took that ‘Plair ain’- muggle thing and left?” Hermione quickly corrected him.

-“Air Plane, Ronald” Ron looked quite cross for a moment, then said

-“Yeah… one of those.” Ginny interrupted their bickering.

-“He has to. I forgave him a long time ago.” Ron gave his sister a brief hug and left the living room to join his nephew and niece in the kitchen. Ginny was gazing at the three of them play and smiled. Ron was going to be such a great father. She felt Hermione’s eyes on her once again and turned to her. She was fixing a ruined shirt of Ron’s, though Ginny knew she was watching her. Her eyes were not moving and she had been fiddling with the same button for several minutes. She then broke the silence.

-“What is it ‘Mione?”

-“Oh I was just thinking.”

-“Yeah? Spill it.”

-“Okay, okay… it is just, well… what did he do?”

-“Do? What do you mean? He left me, I told you that.” Hermione rolled her eyes at her.

-“His job, what did he do?” Ginny had not expected that kind of question. She thought of what to say for a minute or two before answering. She could tell Hermione was waiting impatiently.

-“He… he was an Auror.” Hermione’s eyes went wide.

-“An auror! Then… he might be someone we know.”

-“Schhh… Keep it down, will you! I’m not telling you anything else. If people, certain people found out who he is we might be in big trouble.”

“Oh… So he is a guy?” Hermione joked.

-“Ha-Ha, Hermione… This isn’t a laughing matter.”

-“Okay, I’ll stop- change of subject. When do Nathan and Chloe start school? It is their first year of school, is it not?”

-“Yeah, the usual date, the 1st of september”

-“Oh, yeah-” Hermione said “I forgot.”

-“Hermione! You’re the head of house!” Hermione looked shocked of her own forgetfulness at first then smiled.

-“I guess the pregnancy has it’s perks.” Their conversation was interrupted when Ginny felt someone tugging at her sleeve.

-“Mummy?” It was Chloe.

-“Yes sweetie, what is it?” She hesitated for a moment then looked at her with those big light green eyes of hers.

-“Where is Daddy?” Ginny went completely still. She knew that one of the two were going to ask her that sooner or later. She felt numb nonetheless.

-“Honey-” It was Hermione. ”I have to talk to mum for a sec, okay? Go play with your brother. Chloe sighed but nodded and went to the kitchen where Ron was levitating the dishes and Nathan was cheering happily.

-“Ginny, I need for you to tell me… who the father is.”

-“It’s no one you know”

-“Who is it?” Hermione tried once again.

-“He isn’t that important. He never really got to be a big part of our lives anyway.”

-“Tell me.”

-“I’m doing fine on my own, I have for years. I do not need him. I never think about him anyway. That is a finished chapter in my life. I really-”

-“WHO IS IT!!!”

-“It’s Harry Potter, Okay!” The whole room went silent. Ginny looked around. Ron who had been levitating dishes was now completely frozen. The dishes began to shake, fell and shattered on the floor.






Harry Potter lay in his bed. The TV was on but Harry could hear nothing but silence, eventhough the TV was so loud that the neighbours had been complaining. Harry didn’t care. It was windy outside. The trees were being tossed around by the swift hands of nature. The weather fitted Harry’s mood perfectly. Earlier that day Harry had quit his job at AAA — American Auror Association. His boss had never seen it coming and he had been shouting at Harry for two hours straight but Harry wouldn’t change his mind. He knew that Mr. Stanton only wanted what was best for Harry. He had apologized for his fit and wished Harry good luck I the future. His colleagues knew who he was of course but they hadn’t gone babbling about it outside the office. He knew he could trust them.

Harry had done a lot of thinking the last couple of months. He really wanted to go back to the country where he was born. He missed his friends and… Ginny. Harry sighed and leaned back on the couch. ‘Gods, Ginny. I miss you.’ He had been away for 11 years now and he really wanted to go back. He had left everything he knew and loved when he was only 17. He had gone away on the task to find the last Horcruxes and he did, quite fast really.

He destroyed Voldemort only 5 months after he went away. Harry had been weak when he finally got home. He needed to get away from all the things that reminded him of, yeah well everything that reminded him of everything from before Voldemort was destroyed. While all people in the wizarding world and beyond were celebrating, Harry was hurting. He felt like a part of him was gone. He was right of course. They lost McGonagall, Percy, Moody, Kingsley, Parvati Patil and Buckbeak. Harry needed to get away from it all. He knew he wasn’t to blame for all the deaths but he still felt like he had a part in it.

He had started dating Ginny again in the summer holidays just after the last battle against Lord Voldemort. He really did love her and the last night he was with her, they made love. Ginny of course did not know that Harry was going to leave. Ron and Hermione didn’t even know that they had been together again for that short period of time before he left. She never mentioned it.
Harry hadn’t sent her a letter, it would be too painful to explain to her why he had left so abruptly. Why he never even said goodbye.
‘I’m so stupid’ Harry thought while hitting himself over and over again in his head. He had been such a coward back then. He wanted to go back. He needed to go back.

He stood up quickly went to his room and began packing all of his belongings.

‘I’m coming back to you Ginny, I’m coming home.’

But what Harry did not know was that he had a daughter and son he needed to give an explanation to why he left all those years back.


A/N - I hope you liked this new fic. I liked writing it, eventhough it took me a while.
Please read and review.

-Motare
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear