Search:

SIYE Time:22:03 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


For A Reason
By JanethK

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Lily Potter
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 6
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Ginny gets a letter, helping her understand exactly what is mean by, "Everything happens for a reason."
Hitcount: Story Total: 3740







ChapterPrinter


Dearest Ginny,

  I wanted to send you my love today. Let you know just how much I love you and how thankful I am to you for everything you have done.

You have no idea how much I have to thank you for. I guess it all boils down to one simple phrase; thank you for taking care of my boy. I always knew in the end it would work out for him, because in the end you would always be there for him.

  Harry doesn't deserve the fate he has been dealt, but then again no one does. He will have the world on his shoulders before he is born; the prophecy sealed his fate. Even right now as he is kicking in my womb, I know his life is going to be a hard one. Harder then most will ever have to face.

I guess I should explain. I always knew I was special. When I was a young girl I always knew before something happened that it was going to happen. Even before I got my Hogwarts letter, I knew what I was, who I was. I'm a Seer. No, no one knows this, not even James; you are the first person I have ever told of my ability. I learned early on that my gift wasn't really a gift at all. I can see the future, but there is nothing I can do about it. I can't make his life, or yours, any better. I wish that I could.  It is the most painful thing a mother can face, knowing that there is nothing she can do for her child. I cannot protect him from the pain he will have to endure.

But it is time he knows that everything happens for a reason. Yes, even today as I tell Dumbledore bye. As he goes to interview Sibyll Trelawney, and Snape, I know what is going to happen. But it must happen this way. I have to die for Harry to even to live past two years old. As will Sirius, Dumbledore, and countless others. I can't even try to change it, because if I do, in the end Harry might not succeed. The way it has to happen is horrible, but at least this way Harry wins, the world wins. But as you have told Harry time after time, it not just for him we will die; it is for the world. If Harry hadn't succeeded there wouldn't be a world worth living in. We all will die to give him a chance to fulfill his fate, but not only that, but a chance to live once he has fulfilled his fate.

You are that chance. He will need you, just as you will need him. There is no coincidence that you are the first girl in several generations. The fates knew that as much as the world needed Harry, Harry needed you. He still needs you. Even though the war is over and he seems to have gotten on with his life, he still doesn't understand that it had to be this way. He still blames himself. He needs to know that you had to find that diary, that Cedric Diggory had to die, as did Sirius, Dumbledore, Percy, Hagrid, and James and I. Nothing he could have done would have changed any of that. Some things our just out of our hands.

 Trust me, I understand how much that hurts and how unfair it truly is. I know how much both of you have gone through and I am sorry. Don't let Harry blame himself anymore. We both know he does, but hopefully this letter and you can help him truly understand he is at no fault for anything that has happened. The fates had a plan for him since he was conceived and he has truly done better that anyone could have expected with what he has had to face.

I want you to know I love you. James and I couldn't have hoped for a better person for our boy. Show him the letter when he is ready. Love him everyday for the both of us. Make him happy. Tell him I wouldn't change anything in the world, because in the end you two being together will make it all worth it. Tell him that he truly does looks like his father and that I'm sorry that I couldn't get to be his mother as long as I wanted too. Thank you for stepping in for me when you could and also your mother. She has truly done more for Harry then I could have wish. You have a great family Ginny.

Have patience with him; he is more like his father and Sirius than you will ever know. Head strong and stubborn till the end. Tell him I am proud of him, he has faced more then you should have all the while maintaining his ever giving and loving character.

Tell him that I will see him again, we all will when it is his time. I will see you to, but not for many, many, years. I expect grandchildren, though I know Molly will make sure you hear that enough. Trust me, we'll get our wishes. Tell him I understand that it isn't fair, but that he is the greatest child a mother could hope for.

I'm sorry Ginny. Your life has been no piece of cake either, and this letter probably hasn't made it any easier. This might not have been the day to make sure it got to you, but as you know things tend to happen for a reason. You are the only one that can tell Harry, the only one he will listen to. Now enjoy your wedding. Know that we are all going to be watching and cheering. You're a beautiful girl and I couldn't be happier for Harry and you today.

Love always and forever,

Lily Evans Potter

 

P.S. Percy forgives you. You did what you though was right, you had no way to know what would have happened. He loves you. Things happen for a reason.

Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear