Search:

SIYE Time:18:11 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Show of Force
By Bad VooDoo

- Text Size +

Category: Dark Autumn Challenge (2005-5)
Characters:None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama
Warnings: Violence, Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 13
Summary: Three different groups of Death Eaters attack Hogsmead bringing down chaos and violence. Submitted for the Dark Autumn Challenge, not HBP compliant.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3413







ChapterPrinter


"When I give the signal, you break into the open and we’ll catch them with a pincer movement," Ron said to Neville as the two crouched with several members of the Defense Associate outside of the burning building that had been the Three Broomsticks.

Neville nodded before looking around at the students around him, "Susan, Hermione, Padma, Anthony; you guys are with me." Without looking behind him to see if they followed, he led the way through the alley next to the pub. The small band of students circled around the Death Eaters that had their mates pinned down. Once they had circled the building, they ducked down low out as they crawled out onto High Street under cover of the dark black smoke. In position, they waited for the signal, Neville giving last minute instructions, "Aim at their chests, hit them with everything you have, show no mercy. These monsters would kill you without thinking about it."

The previous year Neville Longbottom would not have been so callous about attacking anyone from behind, it flew in the face of his sense of fair play. The quiet and shy young man of the year before would not have been capable of leading a group against death eaters and had he tried, nobody would have followed. The differences in the boy and the young man that led the group were many, but the main differences were that he had seen combat now, had faced death and the people who had taken his parents from him. Harry had helped him; that was true, the boy who lived had given him confidence and taught him how to fight. However, it had been the fight against death eaters had changed him; it had changed them all. Now he found himself sitting in the cover of black smoke with a small band of students ready to engage an enemy on the field of battle.

Five minutes later a bottle of fire-whiskey with a burning rag stuck in the neck flew through the air towards the death eaters; it was Ron’s signal. The Molotov cocktail struck the ground near the group of death eaters and exploded, spreading the now flaming liquid in a wide arc. Neville jumped to his feet, "NOW!" he yelled, following his exclamation up with "Animus Creptio," causing a bolt of sickly yellow light to shoot from his wand and striking one of the black clad attackers in the back causing the pressure in his mind to increase until he lost consciousness and fell into a coma. Around him, Neville watched with satisfaction as his unit; as he thought of them, shot a volley of powerful spells at the assassins’ backs.

Just as Ron had predicted, Neville’s attack from behind had the effect of scattering the death eaters from one large force into a dozen panicking individuals. As soon as they had turned to face the threat at their back, Ron jumped up with Michael Corner, Collin and Dennis Creevey, Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown. Concentrating on their targets, each of the group fired off an auror level spell designed to either disable or bind an opponent for a long time. The air was torn with screaming as one by one the death eaters fell to the barrage of spells.

It was at this moment that those who had not seen battle truly appreciated what Harry had taught them this year in the D.A. After the Department of Mysteries, he had insisted upon teaching them how to ruthlessly take and opponent down and keep them down. The two groups met in the center of the small battlefield and began the task of binding and disarming the downed death eaters. Ron and Neville watched on with a grim satisfaction, both realizing that, with the ministries stand on executing enemies of the state, the twenty death eaters before them would never again have the chance to rape, destroy or kill again.

-~-

Across town, near the shrieking shack, Draco Malfoy, garbed in his death eater robes, was ready to lead his reinforcement force against the town. He turned and looked over the entire sixth and seventh years of Slytherin house and smiled in anticipation, knowing that today he would take his first life; and he would take his first woman as well. He secretly hoped for it be the blood traitor bitch that Potter seemed close to, Ginny Weasley, his eyes lost focus for a moment as he imagined the torture he would put her through before killing her.

"Let’s go," he said simply as he pressed his demented fantasies to the back of his mind and stepped out of the forest. His earlier smile widened when he immediately saw a small group of third year Gryffindor girls who had apparently retreated to the area to hide from the battle. "Kill the blood traitors and the mudbloods; for purity!" His battle cry rang out and he raised his wand, intending to frighten the small girls. The red and gold clad young women froze, immobile with fright as they were surrounded by a group of death eaters.

Things could not be going better for Draco as his quarry did not even put up a fight. "So much for Gryffindor bravery," he said to them mockingly, earning a peeling laugh from Pansy and stupid guffaws from Crabbe and Goyle. The two groups stood in an awkward silence for a moment, before Malfoy remembered he was in charge, "What say we have a little bit of fun with these one’s boys?" he asked with sadistic glee, "Crabbe, Goyle, divest these bitches of their clothing and we shall teach them a lesson about their betters."

The two behemouths lumbered forward towards the terrified and crying young women, stopping only when one of the girls raised her wand with a trembling hand. "S..stop, or I’ll curse you," she said with no real conviction.

The group of junior death eaters broke into various expressions of amusement. "This one has spirit," Draco said, "I think I’ll enjoy breaking her of that spirit before I kill her." He removed his mask and looked at her, demonic lust clear in his gaze as his eyes raked over her body, "Her friends can even watch," he added wagging his eyebrows. Anything further he had to say was never heard as he was thrown fifteen yards and knocked unconscious by the impact of a large club.

"That’s a boy, Grawpy," Hagrid said happily to his little brother, before the two turned their attention on the remaining group of students turned sadists. Hagrid and Grawp fully emerged from the forest and began to attack the wizards and witches in earnest. Crabbe and Goyle, whose only heretofore known use in a battle was physical domination, were easily felled; each knocked into oblivion by a single blow from anvil-like fists of the school gamekeeper and Care of Magical Creature Professor. While Hagrid dealt with the two large sixth years, Grawps tree branch club fell upon the group of black clad teenagers, who in a twist of irony, were frozen in fear at the appearance of a giant, just as their prey had been. Three giant swipes of the club sent the death eaters flying, landing in crumpled heaps of bloodied and broken bodies.

"Avada Kedavra," shrieked Daphne Greengrass, the only standing death eater remaining, her wand pointed at the impossibly large target of Grawp.

"No!!!!!" Hagrid roared with rage, too far from his brother to do him any good. The spell struck the giant directly in the chest, causing the huge body to collapse to the ground. As the blonde Slytherin laughed behind her mask about her first kill, an arrow pierced her chest, followed by another and another in quick succession. The bolt from Hagrids crossbow impacting only moments before the two arrows fired in quick succession by Firenze the centaur. The immediate threats down, Hagrid ran to his brothers fallen form, letting out a howl of pain and anguish.

As the half giant cried for his lost brother, Hannah Abbot and Ernie McMillian came running down the road from town; seeing the results of the small skirmish, Ernie set about binding and unmasking each of the downed death eaters as he had been taught. Hannah approached the small group of Gryffindor girls, gently pushing the raised wand of the brave young woman down and pulling her into a hug.

-~-

To say that Harry Potter was merely furious would be like saying the sun was slightly bigger than an apple. It was not only that after weeks of nerve wracking anticipation, he had finally taken Ginny Weasley out on their first real date, only to be attacked by Voldemort’s minions, though that fact did compound the rage. No, Harry’s fury was that the supposed biggest, baddest, most feared dark wizard ever known had resorted to attacking children; had taken away their innocence and for all he knew at the moment, some of their lives.

The infuriated young man walked down the center of Main Street, Hogsmeade dragging a screaming Bellatrix Lestrange across the rough and rocky ground, behind him. He glanced to his right and saw Ginny walking proudly by his side, he smiled at the grim determination on her face; she truly was his warrior woman with her wand drawn and a curse on her lips. Her vibrant red hair was mussed the once elaborate braids she had done it up in for her date were now no more than knotted masses, clumped together matted to her head by blood. Harry was positive that most of the blood was not hers.

Upon reaching the intersection of High Street and Main, Harry stopped, turned and unceremoniously kicked Bellatrix in the face, snarling, "Shut up," at the dark queen of Voldemorts army. Even had the attackers not been subdued by members of the D.A. and piled in the center of town, Harry would have drawn a crowd, so great was his aura of power in his rage that the air around him literally sparked like a halo of lightning. He took a breath to speak, when in a burst of flame Dumbledore, McGonagall and several members of the Order of the Phoenix arrived, wands drawn and too late to do any good.

"Harry," Dumbledore said in a questioning tone as he took in the form of the young wizard what was obviously his prisoner.

Casting a sonorous charm on himself, Harry began to speak, "You all know of me," he said to the crowd, "I’m Harry Potter, the boy-who-bloody-lived," he spat the title like a foul epitaph. "Many of you look to me to end this war for you rather than fight it yourself." Dumbledore frowned at the young man and made to interrupt as they could ill afford to alienate any support they had and may gain from this attack. Harry merely spoke over him, "I have decided that since too many in the wizarding world are cowards, looking to their children to fight this war for them, that we will now be the one’s that are leading it; you no longer have a say."

Angry murmuring came from the crowd, while the students involved in today’s battle rallied around Harry, many drawing their wands, challenging any to disagree with their leader.

"As my first act as leader, I want the word spread far and wide, there is no room for neutrality; you either fight with us, or you are against us and will be dealt with accordingly." The murmuring from the crowd turned into angry yells and shrieks of outrage; one shopkeeper even went so far as to hurl a rock at Harry, hitting him square in the back of his head. Harry took no notice of the rock, the shouting, or anything else, he merely gave the crowd time to digest what he was saying. Ginny, however, was not about to let the attack slide by, and a moment later, the man who had thrown the rock was wailing pitifully, the arm he had thrown the rock with broken in several places. Harry smiled slightly at his woman’s vengeance before he turned all of his attention to Bellatrix Lestrange and once again kicked her.

"Let your soul be judged, witch," Harry said, his magnified voice taking on a power of it’s own that rumbled the foundations of the buildings and even the very ground he stood on, "Usus Eventus Factum," he chanted and a silver light shot from his wand, engulfing the dark witch at his feet.

Several moments later, she stood; her face pale and her body trembling in fear. She screamed; an ear splitting and shrill sound of agony and terror that echoed around the town. As her voice gave out, she began to violently convulse and froth at the mouth, eventually collapsing to the ground once again, her eyes going blank and her screams trailing off into silence.

"What in the bloody blue hell was that?" Ron said, as he stared, mouth agape at Bellatrix Lestrange, who now sat cross-legged on the ground, humming to herself and playing with her hair then looked back up at his best friend with a slight amount of fear in his eyes.

"I broke her mind," Harry said with no remorse as he looked at the psychotic witch.

"I thought we were the good guys," Neville said quietly to Harry. He was in favor of what Harry had done; he would have done it himself if he knew how, but the idea of such a tactic and its long term implications in the war took precedence in his mind over the need for revenge.

"We are the good guys Nev," Harry said, his voice carrying, "Her mind broke because there was too much evil in her. I merely forced her to acknowledge her actions and their moral implications by..." he trailed off, frustrated, "It’s complicated, but basically I showed her what the afterlife would be like for her. The spell is based on the Wicca concept of the rule of threefold. Whatever is done in life, good or evil, shall be visited upon you threefold in the afterlife."

Neville nodded in understanding, knowing in an instant that justice was done.





A/N: I may later write Harry's point of view and what pissed him off so much, I haven't decided
Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear