Search:

SIYE Time:11:40 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Just a talk...
By Gothicduckie6

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Fluff, General
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 8
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Ginny has a run in with Draco, and waits up in the Common Room. Will he come?
Hitcount: Story Total: 2774







ChapterPrinter


Once Ginny was released from her last class of the day, Potions, she ran up to the Astronomy Tower. She got there panting, to see Draco Malfoy leaning up against the wall, watching her every move with bright eyes. Taking a deep breath, she turned to take on her biggest fear. “What do you want? I don’t have a lot of free time,” she snapped. Draco smirked and started to walk towards her. “You have all night,” he said as he reached her and took one of her hands in his, “ and you should know what I want by now.” Ginny quickly pulled her hand away from him, and backed away. She shivered as she whispered “I told you no.” Draco chuckled slightly., “And why not? It wasn’t a problem a year ago. What’s changed?” She looked at him square in the eye and gulped. “I have,” she said.
Draco stopped smiling and stared at her. He shook his head and started to walk towards her again. He said the next words very slowly, as though he knew they would hurt her. “You lost your brother a couple months ago, and you have friends that jinx me every time they can.” He looked at her shrewdly. “Do they know we went out at one time?” he asked. Ginny turned to look at anywhere but him. “I don’t know,” she sighed. Draco grinned, “I could easily fix that.” Ginny’s eyes opened wide as she looked at him fearfully. “You wouldn’t dare,” she gasped. His smile grew larger as he said “try me.” Ginny balked up until her back was pressed up against the wall. She let out an exasperated sigh and yelled “I made a mistake, Draco! Dating you was a mistake! Why can't you just let it be?!” Draco stopped smiling for a minute. He watched her tremble for a minute before muttering “Because, sweet one, while your feelings for me have seemed to vanish, I still have some for you.” Ginny looked down and whispered, “Please get over it.”
He looked at her for another minute, then said in a loud, slow voice “I hold this over you. Tell your friends to stop jinxing me, and your secret will remain safe with me. If you don't- they'll know in a minute.” Ginny felt tears coming to her eyes. “All right…” she said sadly. They stood there for a moment before Draco nodded his head. “One last thing before I leave,” he said. He took to steps towards him, wrapped his arms around her and kissed her softly. Ginny pushed him off and hurriedly said “I have to go.” Draco nodded once more and started down the stairs. Ginny stood there, waiting nervously to make sure he wasn’t waiting for her around a dark, dark corner.With a trembling hand, she pulled open the door and swiftly ran out, briskly running all the way to the 7th floor, and the Gryffindor Common Room. Tears streaked her cheeks as she spoke the password to the Fat Lady, who gave her a questionable look before finally admitting her into the common room.
Ginny was happy to see that only a couple of lonely first years remained in the room, for she didn’t want a big scene to revolve around her one little mistake that took place over a year ago. Slumping, she sat down on the couch, swinging her legs over and laying down, closing her eyes. She thought about what Draco had offered her. She bit her lip. In her heart, she knew that he would release her secret, even if her friends did indeed stop jinxing him, but if he hadn’t for the past year, why would he now? Something, or someone, had sparked his interest again. A tear streaked down her face again, and she brushed it away hurriedly. Looking into the fire, a sigh escaped her. She wished she could erase the past, to start all over again.
As she started drifting off into a small slumber, a violent shaking of her shoulders made her panic. Pulling out her wand, she sat up.

“Whoa! Ginny, it’s okay! It’s only me…”

Ginny blushed. “Sorry, Hermione. It just brings back, well, you know…”

Hermione saddened. “Ginny, you know Ron and I are always here for you…”

Ginny stiffened. “Wait, what about Harry? Why don’t you ever mention Harry anymore?”

Hermione looked down at her feet, sighing. “You know good as well why. He’ll never come back from the state of mind he’s in right now. It’ll never be the same…”

Anger fled Ginny’s face. “Of all people, YOU’RE HIS BEST FRIEND! Why, WHY have you given up hope?”

“Ginny, give up. He’s been like this for over a year. It’s too late to change his. Believe me, Ron and I tried, but nothing seemed to work. Besides, he’s better off alone.” Hermione turned to go. “I’m sorry, I really am.”

“Not sorry enough,” Ginny muttered, lying back down as she heard the faint steps of Hermione walking up to the 7th Year Girls Dorm.

As Ginny lay there longer, she thought more. And, the more she thought, the more she wanted to give in and go to sleep. Although it may have been a stupid idea to lay there and maybe wait for him to come down those stairs, Ginny was bound and determined to wait for however long she must. It was worth it, well, to her it was at least. She closed her eyes, promising herself that this was a light nap, to only rest her eyes.

A small tap on her shoulder brought Ginny back to life. She sat up, looking around.

“Who’s there? Show yourself!” When nothing happened, she grew frustrated. “Come on, its not like I bite…”

Ginny heard him clear his throat. She melted on the spot, something she always did at the sound of his voice. “Are you okay? You were tossing around, you had me quite scared there for a minute. Ginny, I think we need to talk, just the two of us…”

Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear