Search:

SIYE Time:11:06 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Getting Reacquainted
By Kelleyaynn

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 25
Summary: Harry rerturns to Ginny after the defeat of Voldemort.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6874







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: The characters belong to JK Rowling. I just borrowed them to indulge a fantasy.

************************************** **********************


“Go to her.”

Harry looked up at Ron uncomprehendingly.

“Harry, go to her. Now.” Ron repeated.

Voldemort had been defeated. Harry looked at the lifeless body, then back up at Ron. “But Ron, what about informing the rest of the Order? What about the remaining Death Eaters?”

Hermione was the one to respond. “Harry, you just defeated the most powerful dark wizard in centuries. You deserve a break. Ron and I can take over from here. You’ve saved us by destroying Voldemort. Let us do something for you.”

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Are you daft?” Ron replied. “You may have been the only wizard who could destroy Voldemort, but I think those of us in the Order can take care of the Death Eaters. We aren’t completely helpless, you know.”

Harry found it hard to suppress a grin. Ron was right, but Harry wasn’t going to let him win so easily. “Are you sure you and Hermione will be able to concentrate on the task and not just on each other? Seems to me I walked in on more than one snogging session this past year.”

Ron’s face went crimson. “Never when we were doing something serious,” he sputtered.

Hermione decided to join in the good-natured ribbing. “Hmmm, I think you’re just jealous.” she said to Harry.

Now it was Harry’s turn to sputter.

“Really Harry, we’ll all be fine.” Hermione said with a smirk. “Bill and Charlie will help, as will Remus, Tonks, and Mad-Eye Moody. Anyway, we won’t take no for an answer, so get apparating.”

Harry was too spent to argue. What kept him going for the past year while the three of them were finding and destroying the horcruxes, and hunting down Voldemort, was Ginny. He long ago realized that it was her love for him, and his love for her, that would enable him to fulfill the prophecy and realize his destiny as the only wizard who could destroy Voldemort. He hadn’t seen her in several months, and he missed her desperately. He sighed and said, “Okay, but…”

“No buts, Harry.” Ron interrupted. “Hermione and I will gather all the members of the Order and make plans for capturing the rest of the Death Eaters. I don’t imagine they will put up much of a fight now that Voldemort is gone. Once we set up a plan, we’ll meet you at the Burrow and fill you in. I expect we should be there in a couple of days.” He gave Hermione a conspiratorial wink as he said this. “Anyway, once people find out what’s happened, you’ll be even more famous than you are now. Why don’t you enjoy some low profile time before the Daily Prophet goes bonkers?”

“Fine. Just don’t start taking all the credit while I’m gone. You know how much a love all the attention.” Harry said with a sly smile. Ron and Hermione laughed. They were his best friends. They knew what he needed, and right now, he needed rest. And time alone - with Ginny.

Without another word he stood up, and with a sharp crack, apparated to the Burrow.


Harry appeared outside the house. He thought it safest, as he didn’t want to startle anyone by showing up in the kitchen unannounced. He stood at the door for a moment, taking in the smells and sounds he missed so much during the past year. And then, with only the slightest hesitation, he knocked on the door and called out, “Mrs. Weasley? It’s me, Harry.”

The door flew open, but it wasn’t Mrs. Weasley who answered. It was Fred and George.

“Oi! Look who it is!” exclaimed Fred.

“Is everything okay?” asked George.

“Anyone hurt?” Fred cut in.

Harry had never seen the twins so serious. Though he knew he shouldn’t, Harry couldn’t resist given them a dose of their own medicine. It was a rare opportunity for anyone.

“Er, well, yes.” Harry said, trying to look distraught.

“Who?” they both asked at once, looking quite concerned.

“Can I come in first?” Harry asked while looking over the shoulders of the twins, trying to catch a glimpse of Ginny.

“Sorry!” said Fred.

“Certainly!” George added.

Harry stepped through the door and looked around. It seemed like no one else was there. “Where’s your mum? And Ginny?” Harry was starting to get nervous.

“Not until you tell us who got hurt!” Fred ordered.

“Oh.” Harry broke into a mischievous smile. “No one important, actually. Just Voldemort.”

“WHAT?” Yelled both twins simultaneously.

“Yeah, Voldemort’s dead. Killed him myself about, oh, two or three hours ago.” Harry braced himself for what he expected would be a boisterous reaction from the twins.

“Well, that explains it.” Said George.

“Sure does,” said Fred.

“Right scare you about gave us, Harry,” George looked at Harry through narrowed eyes.

“Indeed,” added Fred. “But we should have known, dear brother.”

“So true,” George replied.

Harry listened to this exchange with a confused look on his face. “What do you mean, that explains it?”

“Well,’ said Fred, “mum’s clock.”

“You know the one,” added George.

“Er, yeah.” Harry was still bewildered.

“The hands started moving a couple of hours ago, but they never stayed in one place,” explained George.

Fred continued, “We figured it had finally broken down.”

“I guess the hands have been at mortal peril for so long that it can’t quite figure out where everyone really is,” mused George.

“Perhaps it will need to be recharmed.” Fred said with a look of glee in his eyes.

“ And perhaps we should be the ones to perform said task.” George said as he looked at his twin with an evil glint in his eyes. They both broke down with laughter.

“But of course,” Fred managed to gasp between guffaws, “Harry will need to be dealt with.”

George had managed to calm down by this time. “Absolutely my brother. But as we always say, don’t get mad, get even.” At this they started laughing again.

Harry suddenly was alarmed. Who knows what plan the twins would concoct. “Just don’t forget who financed your now quite successful business,” he said quickly.

“Ah, true,” sighed Fred. “All the same, that was rather”

“Uncalled for.” George finished.

“But as the news is so good, we forgive you.” Fred nodded in agreement.

Harry looked around again for any sign of Ginny or Mrs. Weasley. As the twins were not upset, he figured they had to be okay. “So where are your mum and Ginny?”

“Well, mum’s with Fleur since she’s pregnant and Bill is out fighting Death Eaters,” George noted. “So we’ve been here with Ginny. She didn’t want to go with mum. Something about Phlegm and hormones,” he chuckled.

“And Ginny’s taking a shower.” Chimed in Fred. “Speaking of which, she’s been rather long at it, hasn’t she?”

“Well let’s get her down then.” George walked over to the stairs and yelled up, “Yo! Ginny! Get down here. There’s something we want to show you.”

“Can’t it wait?” came the irritated reply down the stairs.

“No, it can’t.”

Ginny came bounding down the stairs. She rounded the corner with an exasperated look on her face, then froze at the sight of Harry. She sputtered and then went speechless.

“Reminds me of the first time I saw you here.” Harry said to her.

Ginny regained her composure. “That time I just ran away. This time, however…”

But Harry was already there, and before she could finish he bent down to kiss her. She responded by wrapping her arms around him and kissing him back. They stayed that way until the twins could take no more.

“Oi! That’s my sister you’re snogging senseless.” Fred cried.

“We know you’re glad to see him Ginny, but we don’t need to know how much,” added George.

Harry and Ginny broke apart, but Harry kept his arm around her shoulders.

“I wasn’t doing that for your benefit, George.” Ginny said hotly.

“Yeah, and I know who I was snogging, Fred.” Harry was definitely living dangerously, ragging on Fred and George twice in one night.

For once, the twins were at a loss for words. Ginny, however, was not. Turning back to Harry she asked, “Why are you here? Has something happened?”

“Yeah. We finally managed to find Voldemort, and I killed him. For good.” Harry suddenly looked very tired.

“You never told us all about it Harry,” Fred looked very interested.

“We are all ears, extendable and otherwise,” said George.

Ginny, putting both hands on her hips and looking more like Mrs. Weasley than Harry had ever seen her admonished, “Fred! George! Harry will tell us when he’s good and ready. I’m sure it was awful so leave him alone!”

“Er, yeah, I think I’d rather just forget about it for a while.” Harry was grateful for Ginny’s interference on his part. He had come to see her, not relive the most hellish few hours of his life.

The twins shrugged their shoulders. Fred was the first to speak.

“I guess we aren’t needed around here anymore then.”

“Do you think she’ll be safe?” inquired George.

Ginny rolled her eyes and sarcastically said, “No, I’m only here with the wizard who just destroyed Voldemort. Really! I think I’m safe.”

“That’s not what I meant.” George said as he looked at Fred, raised his eyebrows and winked.

“He does look rather tired though.” Fred winked back at George.

“And Ginny can deliver quite a nasty hex if she has to,” smirked George.

“A bloke should keep that in mind,” continued Fred.

As soon as Ginny caught onto their conversation her temper flared. She whipped out her wand, pointed it at her brothers and yelled, “I’ll tell you who I’ll hex, and if you know what’s good for you, you’ll zip it right now. And you’re right. I’m quite capable of taking care of myself, thank you.” Her face was red.

“I think that’s our sign to vacate the premises, George.” Fred pulled out his wand.

“I should say so, Fred.” George grabbed the confused clock, readied his own wand, and with a snort and a last look at Harry and Ginny, they disapparated.

Harry had been standing there with his mouth open during the last few minutes, and it took him a moment to realize he was now alone with Ginny. He decided to take advantage of the situation. He leaned down to kiss her again when his stomach let out a loud growl.

“Damn!” He wasn’t sure whether he thought it or said it.

Ginny went right into mothering mode. “When was the last time you ate?”

“Um, this morning? No, I think I was too nervous. Last night? I’m not sure.”

“Harry, you need to eat!”

It wasn’t exactly what he had in mind, but he had to admit, he was starving. “You’re right. I am famished.”

“You’re looking a bit dodgy too.” He hadn’t even thought about the fact that he was a mess; he looked like he hadn’t seen a shower in days, and his clothes were dirty and torn. If someone had seen him on the street, they probably would have crossed to the other side to avoid passing near him. “Why don’t you go upstairs and get a shower? I’m sure you have some old clothes in Ron’s room. I’ll get you some food while you clean up.”

Harry wasted no time in the shower. It felt great to be clean, but being near Ginny felt even better. He had missed her so during the last days of the hunt for Voldemort.

When he came down the stairs he saw that Ginny had made him a sandwich and poured each of them a butterbeer. She had also dimmed the lights, giving the Burrow a warm, cozy atmosphere. The play of the candlelight made the shades of red in her hair dance like real fire. Harry didn’t think he had ever seen anything more beautiful. She didn’t notice his entrance into the kitchen, so he came up behind her and gave her a hug. Ginny startled with a gasp, then turned around and gave him a half-hearted slap on the arm.

“Harry! That was quick. This isn’t much, but as I can’t use magic it’s kind of hard to really cook anything with mum gone,” she said apologetically.

“This is fine, Ginny,” Harry assured her with a quick kiss on her nose. Ginny blushed and motioned for him to sit down. She sat in a chair adjacent to him.

“Well, when you are finished with the sandwich there’s some treacle tart mum made before she left,” she told him.

Harry grinned. “Treacle tart and being here with you. Is there anything missing?” he joked.

Ginny took the bait. “Only a ride on a broomstick.”

“Oh. Now that would make it perfect,” he laughed. “But since it’s a bit dark outside I think I’ll settle for two out of three.”

He started to eat in silence. Ginny sipped on her butterbeer, looking at Harry. He seemed very nonchalant for someone who had just defeated the darkest wizard in centuries. She knew he must be feeling so many emotions, but she knew better than to ask him about it. Harry, unlike Ron, was not one to wear his emotions on his sleeve. She ached for everything she knew he had experienced; not just recently, but during his very short life so far. But he would not appreciate being asked to share those feelings until he was ready. Ginny was determined not to force the issue, but to be there when he was ready.

When his sandwich was almost gone she got them both a bit of treacle tart. As they began to eat she asked him about the others.

“Where is everyone else?”

“Well, Ron and Hermione are with Bill, Charlie, Tonks and Remus. They are all fine, though Bill is looking rather weak. I don’t think all his wounds have ever quite healed from Greyback’s attack, and all this stress has caught up with him. He needs to go home to Fleur and get some rest. But first they are gathering the Order to assess which Death Eaters are still around. They needs to come up with a plan for rounding them up before they can pretend they were never involved with Voldemort. Now that he’s dead, I want to let someone else take charge for a while. That’s why I’m here. I also want to avoid being in public when the news first gets out. I’m just so….tired, Ginny.”

“Didn’t learn much about handling celebrity from Gilderoy Lockhart did you?” she teased.

“Oh please,” he groaned, “I learned exactly what I don’t want to do.”

“Well, what do you want to do?” Ginny asked with a sly smile.

“I’ll show you.” Harry said. He got up from the table, took Ginny’s hand and let her into the sitting room. With a couple of flicks of his wand he extinguished the candles and started a roaring fire in the fireplace. It was nice to create a fire when it had nothing to do with warding off inferi. He had done too much of that lately. They sat on the sofa and Harry put his arm around Ginny.

“I missed you so much, Ginny,” he whispered.

“I missed you too,” she whispered back.

He turned to face her and bent down and kissed her. Slowly at first, then he deepened his kiss as his emotions started to well up in his chest. With Voldemort gone, it was the first time he had ever felt safe letting his feelings surface. Before he knew it, he broke away from the kiss and started to cry, his head on her chest. Not just silent tears, but huge sobs of anguish that wracked his body. He had never cried like this before. Not when his parents died, as he was too young to know what had happened, not when Sirius died, or even as he was kneeling at Dumbledore’s body or at his funeral. But all of this was finally too much for someone who wasn’t yet eighteen. Harry was old beyond his years, but the death of Voldemort finally destroyed the wall that Harry also built up around his often broken heart. He had already let Ginny in, but now he was letting his pent-up grief out.

Ginny didn’t say anything. She knew he needed to let go as much as he could. She held him close, instinctively rocking back and forth as she rested her cheek on top of his head. Harry had carried the weight of the wizarding world on his shoulders; the least she could do was carry the weight of his tears.

After a long while, Harry’s sobs quieted to sniffles, and finally he stopped. “It’s okay, Harry,” Ginny spoke softly in his ear and then kissed his head. She then wiped the tears from the corners of his eyes with her thumb. Harry sat up, then conjured a handkerchief and blew his nose. He sat quietly for a few moments, looking down at the floor. Then he looked back at Ginny and said, “It’s strange. It feels like a huge weight has been taken off of my back. And…. And….for the first time….I was able to really feel sad about my parents, Sirius, and Dumbledore. Sad, not angry. I never realized before that I never cried because I was angry. Being angry just made me want to fight. Well, now that the fight is over, I don’t have to be angry anymore. I can be sad about what happened.”

Ginny looked at him and nodded.

“I just hope I don’t turn into a bloody water fountain or something,” he said with a small smile.

“’Fraid you already did, Harry,” she said, indicating her soaked blouse.

“Sorry,” he said sheepishly; he performed a quick drying charm on her blouse.

“I already said it’s okay.”

She then took his face in her hands and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her and returned her kiss. She was delicious. He never grew tired of smelling her perfume, tasting her lips, running his fingers through her hair, or holding her close. They stayed that way for several minutes, kissing gently, getting reacquainted slowly, until Harry sighed contentedly and pulled away.

“I still can hardly believe it’s all over, and now I’m able to be here with you. Really be here with you,” he said while looking intently into Ginny’s eye. “ I never thought this day would ever come.”

“Believe it, Harry, “ Ginny said. “And now that you’re here, I’m not going to let you go so easily next time.”

“There won’t be a next time.” Harry said as he leaned in for another kiss. This time it was more passionate. His tongue parted her lips and made tentative explorations of her mouth. Ginny moaned softly, encouraging Harry to explore deeper. Ginny responded in kind, and soon they were hungrily making up for all the weeks apart. After several long, intense minutes, they came up for air.

“Wow.” It was all Harry could manage to get out of his mouth. Ginny gave a small laugh.

“You know, you are so much better than Dean or Michael Corner.” She said in a mischievous tone. Harry gave a start, then growled, “apparently not good enough to make you forget them, it seems.”

“Well, then maybe you need to try again,” she replied while raising an eyebrow in an inviting gesture. Harry growled again, but in a much more predatory way. He put his left arm around her waist, gathered up her hair in his right hand, and proceeded to kiss her with a passion he never knew he had. Ginny kissed him back with a passion he didn’t know she had either. They kissed for what seemed like hours, and then sat snuggled in each other’s arms watching the fire.

As the embers began to die down, Ginny sighed and said, “It’s getting late, and you must be exhausted. I think it’s time to get some sleep.” Harry reluctantly agreed. They made their way up the stairs, and stopped at Ginny’s door.

“Why don’t you use the bathroom and get ready for bed first. I’m sure you still have a toothbrush in Ron’s room. The sheets on his bed are clean. Okay?” Harry nodded. He had an unreadable expression on his face. Ginny gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and went into her room. “Just let me know when you’re done with the bathroom.”

Harry climbed the rest of the stairs to Ron’s room. He gave a big sigh as he opened the door. It had been quite a day, and he still wasn’t sure he could believe it was real. He couldn’t find a pair of pajamas, so he just left his boxers on and put on a T-shirt. He then went back down to the bathroom, and finished getting ready for bed. He opened the bathroom door, walked out, and was just about to call for Ginny when he nearly bumped into her. She was wearing a button up nightshirt that just reached her knees. While loose, Harry could still make out the curves of her body through the thin material. His jaw nearly dropped before he regained his composure.

“Sorry! I didn’t expect you to be there. I’m um, finished,” he said, trying not to stare where it wouldn’t be considered respectable.

Ginny didn’t respond right away, and she had that determined look on her face.

“Ginny, you okay?” Harry asked.

“You don’t really want to be by yourself tonight, do you?” she asked. Did Harry detect a a note of hope in her voice?

“Er, no. Do you?” There was no mistaking the hopeful tone in his voice.

Ginny bit her lip and shook her head. “I just can’t see you spending tonight alone. After everything you’ve been through. And, well…” she didn’t finish her sentence, and looked down at the floor.

Harry put his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. He breathed in the scent that was uniquely Ginny and smiled. “I understand.” He whispered in her ear. She hugged him back, and then stepped away while wiping a tear from her eyes with the back of her hand.

“I’ve been so worried about you all these months. And now, I feel like I’m going wake up and this evening is all going to be a dream. And if you’re with me tonight, “ she hesitated.

“You will know this is real and I won’t disappear.” Harry finished her sentence.

Ginny nodded and threw up her hands. “I know it’s stupid, but I can’t help it.”

Harry lifted her chin with his finger, looked into her eyes and then kissed the tip of her nose. “It’s okay Ginny. I know how you feel. I feel the same way.” He gathered her in a tender embrace.

“Thanks, Harry.” Ginny said quietly.

Harry gave her a hug in reply.

“Let me finish getting ready for bed. I’ll be right in.” She gestured to her room.

While waiting for Ginny, Harry went into her room and appraised the situation. He was not going to bring his cot down from Ron’s room, but her single bed was too small. With a quick wave of his wand, he charmed her bed to increase in size, but not too much. Perfect. They wouldn’t be uncomfortable, but they could still be close. He wondered what she would think of his “adjustment” to her room. He sat down on the edge of the bed and waited, not sure what to do. After what seemed like several long minutes, Ginny reappeared. Her face was flushed, and she seemed somewhat nervous, like she didn’t know what to do. Harry got up, walked over to her, took her face in his hands, and lifted up her chin so they looked into each other’s eyes.
“Anything wrong, Ginny?” he asked.

She bit her lip and shook her head, but didn’t speak.

“Are you sure you want me here?” he asked.

She nodded vigorously, and then sighed. “It’s just… well, tonight has been a bit overwhelming.”

Harry hugged her close, kissed the top of her head and said, “For me too.”

She let out a nervous giggle. “I guess that makes two of us. Well, I’m tired, let’s get some sleep.” She broke away from Harry’s embrace and started for her bed. “Oh!” She looked at her bed with a start, then back at Harry and raised an eyebrow.

“You didn’t think I’d drag that cot all the way down those stairs, do you?” Harry asked?

“Well, you could have levitated it.”

“I think not. Too tricky on those stairs. Besides, this was a nice touch of magic, don’t you think?”

Ginny rolled her eyes and flopped down on the bed. Harry took out his wand, and with a flick of his wrist and a quick mumbled incantation, closed her door and placed an imperturbable charm on it. Ginny looked at him with questioning eyes.

“Well, just in case someone decides to come home in the middle of the night. We wouldn’t want someone to just walk in.”

“Oh good grief Harry, who would be coming home at this hour? And with everything that has happened the past year, I think even my mum and dad would have better things to get upset about.” Ginny said.

“You really think so?” Harry asked in disbelief.

“Well, maybe not, but I don’t care.” She said.

And suddenly, Harry was too tired to care either. He got into bed next to her, wrapped an arm around her waist, and buried his face into the hair at the back of her head. Ginny took hold of his hand that rested on her stomach, brought it to her lips, kissed it gently, then put it back. Harry responded with tender kisses at the base of her neck, and nuzzled her shoulder.

“You know, this was what I dreamed about while we were searching for Voldemort.” He said as he kissed his way up her neck to her ear.
Ginny rolled over to face Harry and gave him a deep kiss on the lips. “That’s what I dreamed about while you were searching for Voldemort.” She said. They both laughed, and Ginny rolled back over. Harry lifted himself up on one elbow, then used his other arm to turn Ginny back around. He gingerly brushed a lock of hair out of her face, then bent down and kissed her nose, then her lips.

“I love you, Ginevra Weasley.”

“And I love you, Harry Potter.”

After one last loving kiss, they snuggled together and drifted off to much needed, and much deserved, sleep.

And Harry’s dreams were no more of fighting, of hatred, of danger and death. He dreamt of love, of family, and happiness and the future. A smile played upon his lips, and he slept the soundest sleep he had in years.


A/N: I originally planned on having this be the first time Harry and Ginny make love. But as I wrote the story, it just didn’t seem to fit. Perhaps later. I have a few ideas churning around in my head.
Reviews 25
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear