Search:

SIYE Time:12:48 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


One Wish, One Heart
By Hannah Holt

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Oliver Wood, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 42
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

After a night out to see a Christmas pageant, The Weasley's come home to a surprise that no one, especially Ginny, will ever be able to forget or forgive.
Hitcount: Story Total: 8856; Chapter Total: 2497







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


One Wish, One Heart 
 
He stared at the house sitting in front of him. He closed his eyes, feeling the cold snow land in his hair and stick to his thin jacket. With a swift movement of his head, the coal black hair blocking his vision began to dance in the wind as he reached down for his suitcase.

Harry Potter hesitated before lifting his hand to knock on the door. He didn’t know what to expect. It had been so many years. Too many years. Five to be exact. What would be waiting for him on the other side of that familiar door? After a few minutes, his hand fell with a thump on the wood panels.

Molly Weasley looked up as she heard the soft thud of something — or someone -- at the Burrow’s front door. She wiped her hands on her apron as she made her way to the front of the house. As she looked out the window, her jaw dropped and not even one second later, the door was thrown open and Molly Weasley had thrown herself on the boy, now man, she hadn’t seen in ages.

“Harry, oh, Merlin!” She gushed, still holding onto him tight. He tried to return the hug as best he could but it was rather difficult with suitcase in hand.

“Mrs. Weasley,” He smiled warmly as she finally released him. “I hope I’m not being a bother…”

“Oh, Harry. How could you say such a thing?” She looked at him adoringly. Harry felt the awkward silence between them as he tried to think of something to say… some way to start the inevitable conversation.

“Happy Christmas?” He questioned, mustering another smile.

“Yes, this is a very Happy Christmas, indeed! Oh, come in! Come in!” She practically danced as she led him into the tall corridor already decorated with garland and ribbon.

“Where is everybody?” Harry asked as he followed Mrs. Weasley into the kitchen removing his scarf and jacket.

“Well, actually everyone’s stuff is here. They’re all enjoying a Christmas show being put on by a few of the Ministry’s children and grandchildren. You know how Fleur and Bill love to show off.” She continued to beam at him while Harry made himself at home at the kitchen table. “Hot cocoa, Harry?” Harry nodded.

He could feel his heart beginning to pound a little bit harder in his chest. He wanted to ask about her but he just couldn’t. Maybe he’d ask about everyone else and somehow her name would come up in conversation.

“You’re thinking about Ginevra,” Mrs. Weasley stated confidently as she slid the mug toward Harry from the other side of the table. Harry didn’t nod his head nor did he argue back. “She’s fine, Harry. You don’t have to ask.”

“I just wanted to…” Harry started.

“Tell it to her, not me.”

“Tell who what?” A familiar voice echoed as Fred and George rounded the corner. The twins stopped immediately. “What in the name of Merlin?” Fred began as George approached Harry. Harry drew back as George grabbed him by the shirt fiercely, pulling him into a tight hug. Fred did the same.

“Did you see that girl fall?” Ron asked as he grabbed for a muffin off the counter, not even noticing the tall, black-haired man that had been his best friend for nearly thirteen years. Hermione laughed from behind him as she did her best to wrap her arms around her husband’s waist. Ron looked up and stopped immediately.

“What in the bloody…” Ron began as Hermione bumped into him from behind.

“What’s wrong?” She asked as she peered out behind Ron’s tall, lanky body.

Her expression matched Ron’s, both jaws practically on the floor.

“Hey, guys,” Harry started, feeling the blood rush to his face.

“Harry, is that really you?” Ron asked, his feet still planted firmly on the other side of the kitchen. Harry nodded.

“Isn’t it great?” Fred asked, now standing with George a few feet behind Harry, munching gingerly on a muffin. Hermione maneuvered herself from behind Ron finally and stepped forward to give Harry the best hug she could. He smiled down at her… and at her very large, very pregnant stomach.

“Somebody’s been busy around here.” He winked at her as she turned beat red. “Congrats.”

Ron had finally found his bearings and hugged Harry even longer than the rest put together.
“Harry, we didn’t even know… We thought…” Ron began but Harry interrupted him with a shake of his head.

“That’s another conversation for another night. This is Christmas!” Harry said, but he couldn’t help wondering where Ginny was and why she hadn’t shown up yet. That’s who he really wanted to see.
As everyone began chatting amongst themselves, three children came running into the room, oblivious to all the adults standing around.

“Tag, you’re it!” The oldest said as he grabbed the back of what appeared to be the middle child’s blonde ponytail. She screamed in pain, but instead of stopping the game she ran right up to the youngest child and yanked on her little red ponytail. Harry laughed as he watched the scene unfold.

“Christina, honey, vat is vong?” The blonde woman asked as she cradled the screaming child in her arms.

Christina, the little blonde girl, pointed at the older boy instantly. “It was Blaine, Mommy.” Harry smiled at the site of Christina and her mother. He never imagined Fleur being a mom for some reason, but there was a first for everything.

“What did Blaine do now?” Bill asked as he pecked his little girl on the forehead, following his wife into the kitchen. Fleur just shrugged. Bill was going to scold his child when his eyes locked on Harry’s and smiled instantly. “If it isn’t the ‘Chosen One.’” Harry winced at the familiar title and returned what seemed to be the thousandth hug that evening.

“Ginny will be so shocked,” Bill remarked.

“About what?” Her voice was music to Harry’s ears. He looked around to see her wiping something off of the little red headed girl’s face. She hadn’t seen him yet. Now Harry wanted to run… and hide.

She looked up and fainted right there on the spot… into the arms of another man. A man he knew all too well.
Reviews 42
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear