Search:

SIYE Time:6:47 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Avada Kedavra, The Legend
By Sir Ollivander

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluff
Warnings: Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 16
Summary: Everybody in the wizarding world knows about the ultimate Unforgivable, the Killing Curse. One young, teenaged wizard knows more than he would like. Can he stand up to the to the legend associated with him?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4655



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter






“Avada Kedavra, The Legend”

by

Sir Ollivander






A/N: J.K. Rowling owns the brilliant works of Harry Potter. I’m just borrowing them. My only profits are your reviews. My thanks to Knightwhosaysni and Professor Scroll for their beta reading and assistance.






“AVADA KEDAVRA!”



Everybody heard and turned.



Everybody watched and saw.



A lone person in black robes was standing, his wand pointing. The curse, shooting from his wand towards the unsuspecting couple.



Harry and Ginny were on their knees, embraced in a hug, oblivious to their surroundings.



It hit them both, clutched together, in the chest. The ugly, green curse enveloped them, static sparks flying everywhere. It looked liked they were glowing.



A few seconds later, the light died down and disappeared, as if nothing happened. The couple, still on their knees, holding each other, didn’t even fall over.



Harry and Ginny were hit full blast with the killing curse.




* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *




It started as a simple Hogsmeade weekend for the Hogwarts students. Teenage witches and wizards walking together, some holding hands, chatting away without a care in the world. The biggest thing on their minds was where to start their shopping. Some wanted to go to Zonko’s first. Some wanted to see the new outfits at Gladrags. One person wanted to go to Scrivenshaft’s first.

“Ginny, how about we start at The Three Broomsticks while the others fight through the crowd?”

Ginny, holding Harry’s hand, replied, “I think that’s a great idea. This way, we don’t have to carry our stuff all afternoon.”

“Okay,” Hermione said, holding on to Ron’s hand. “We’ll catch up with you later.” Everybody nodded and the two couples split up.

The Three Broomsticks was not crowded, just as Harry thought. He picked a window seat so the two could see everybody walking by. Madam Rosmerta, the proprietor and current barmaid, served their order of butterbeer and left them to their private discussion.

“So, what did you have in mind?” Harry started.

“Well, I could use some new quills. But I wasn’t going to say anything with Hermione within earshot. Plus I need some warmer socks. I forgot to bring any in my trunk. And a few chocolates from Honeydukes would be nice as well.” What about you?”

For some reason Harry’s mind was stuck on a scene watching Ginny trying on various socks, like a person tries on shoes. She was wearing a skirt and some of the socks were so big that they went over her knees.

“Harry? Where are you?” Ginny asked.

“Oh. Sorry, just thinking about stuff.” But Ginny saw his face turn a little redder than it had been a minute ago.

“Well, I hope it was about me,” She added.

“Oh, er… yeah, socks. I could use some warmer ones too. That’s a good idea.”

Ginny started to say something else when Harry noticed a couple of students outside running up the street. By itself, it wasn’t important. Quite possibly just some friendly horsing around? But then three more students were running, two had their wands out and were looking back the way they came.

Harry stood up to get a better look up the street. He saw many more students running. And there was panic. Harry grabbed his wand and told Ginny to stay put. “I’ll be right back.”

Harry barely got out the door when he saw them. Black robes and white masks; about eight of them. They didn’t seem to be in any hurry. But they were chasing all the students away, back towards Hogwarts, firing any and every curse they could think of. Harry ducked back into the pub for a second.

“Rosmerta! Eight or nine Death Eaters are coming down the street. Warn the school.”

What few patrons there were in the bar immediately got up and headed outside, Ginny included. Back outside, Harry ducked when a wayward spell came close to him. While sizing up the situation, he noticed a few DA students in the running crowd.

“DA! DA students, to me!”

Numerous students looked up and saw Harry waving madly at them. About seven students broke off, pulled out their own wands, and gathered around Harry.

“The warning has been put out. Help should be arriving any minute now. How many are there? I only saw about eight.”

A few DA members confirmed what Harry said. Only about seven or eight. Looking back up the street, the group saw some red sparks shoot up into the sky. Then some orange and yellow ones.

“That’s Hermione with Ron at Scrivenshaft’s. And they have help. So we outnumber them and can attack from both sides. Let’s go.”

Nobody questioned Harry. He was their leader. They all fanned out and started walking up the street, hugging against the buildings and shadows for cover. The Death Eaters coming towards them didn’t seem to realize that they were about to be outmaneuvered. But they did see them and the battle started.

Spells, curses and hexes started flying everywhere. A few more students were knocked down immediately to join the ones hit earlier and already lying on the ground. But nobody seemed seriously injured. A couple of Death Eaters were caught off guard and were knocked down by a curse. Then, curses and spells started coming from the other direction. Ron was leading a small group of DA members. Some Aurors apparated behind them and Harry saw Hermione talking to them, probably explaining their current situation. Then, they joined the fight.

It didn’t take long for the fight to end, as it became fairly lopsided in a hurry. Seven Death Eaters were taken down and two were seen disapparating. After the chaos died down, the Aurors were checking out the stunned Death Eaters, while the students were looking around for each other. Harry looked around trying to find Ginny, as they were separated during the fight. Ron and Hermione appeared to be all right, talking to a few Aurors explaining their side of what happened.

He spied Ginny limping painfully out of an alley, where she must have taken cover after having been hurt. Harry was unharmed but was a little winded running around and yelling spells. When he saw her bleeding leg, the one he was dreaming about just a few minutes ago, he was very concerned and ran up to her. Both fairly exhausted, they fell to their knees as they connected with each other. They hugged, but Ginny let out a cry.

“Ginny! Are you okay? Your leg is bleeding. What happened?”

“A slicing hex caught me when I turned around. I darted into the alley to stop the bleeding but I didn’t do a good job. It hurts worse than it looks.”

“Then we’ll have to get you to Madam Pomfrey. That should be easy to heal up.”

They looked at each other’s eyes and slowly smiled. As if on cue, they tilted their heads as their lips came together and kissed. It wasn’t a heavy, snogging kiss. Just a happy, you’re-okay, promise-of-more-later, kiss. Then they hugged each other again, feeling the warmth of their bodies comforting the other. Harry thought he could feel Ginny’s heart beating, among other things.

While everybody was busy doing something and not paying attention to what was going on around them, one person took notice.

He stirred and looked up. The fight was over and most of his comrades that he could see were lying on the ground like him. Carefully looking around, he noticed nobody was near him. He had a chance to apparate out of the area. But he saw Harry Potter with that redhead no more than ten yards in front of him. And he wasn’t looking in his direction.

The Death Eater saw a wand near his hand and picked it up. Seeing the perfect opportunity, he aimed the wand and slowly stood up. Once at his full height, he pointed the wand directly at the couple.


“AVADA KEDAVRA!”



Everybody heard and turned.



Everybody watched and saw.



The curse hit the couple squarely in their chests. The green light ignited the two for a few seconds then faded away.



Most of the people in the area watched in horror. Two or three witches screamed. Time just stood still as the revelation of what just happened sunk in. Harry and Ginny were hit with the killing curse. In their embrace, they still knelt, not falling down.




When Harry James Potter, age 16, son of James and Lily Potter…,




and




Ginevra Molly Weasley, age 15, daughter of Arthur and Molly Weasley…,




slowly turned their heads and looked at their attacker.....,




the legend was born.




NOBODY!…..had ever survived the Killing Curse, except one. And in front of many witnesses this time, he did it again. But this time, holding on to the one person he could say he loved, and she loved him back. Ginny also survived.



"...he will have power the Dark Lord knows not..."




“Oh, Merlin!” Rosmerta said out loud to nobody in particular.




The Death Eater was as surprised as everybody else that watched. He didn’t believe it was possible. Potter didn’t even put up a shield.

“Lucius Malfoy. You can’t do anything right, can you?” Harry said to his attacker as he looked at him.

Malfoy was furious. Nobody insults Lucius Malfoy. Especially a child. He raised the wand and yelled out the curse again…

“AVADA KEDAVRA!”

This time Harry raised his wand and caught the curse on its tip. Still holding Ginny, he slowly stood up. The curse fought to gain control, but Harry clung to his love. And she wasn’t about to let go of him either.

Everybody else on the battlefield watched the familiar scene play over again. Nobody felt that they should interfere. This time Harry was fighting back.

The curse could be seen, its brilliant green sparks, trying to penetrate Harry’s wand. But soon, a brilliant red beam of magic could be seen emerging from his wand. A battle of lights started to grow. The color junction danced back and forth like a battle of strength. Malfoy was pushing his wand harder. But Harry was smiling. He just had to hold Ginny closer.

Little by little, the junction started moving closer to Malfoy. Malfoy started to shake in fear.

Then it was over. Harry pushed his wand forward towards Malfoy, and the green light surrounded Malfoy, being powered by Harry’s own red-colored beam. Malfoy screamed for half a second, then the light of the magic disappeared. The Death Eater fell to the ground never to live again.

The magic everybody was watching was so bright that one would think it was night until their eyes could adjust. Again, nobody moved for a while, trying to comprehend what all had taken place.

Harry looked back at Ginny and told her, “I really love you, you know.”

“Yes,” She answered. “I really know that. And I love you, too.” This time, Harry ran his hand through her hair and held the back of her head as he kissed her again, with a great deal more feeling. They stood alone together. Nobody was going to disturb them in their private moment.

Then Hermione took a step towards her two miraculous friends. Then a second, and then a third. Then she was running towards them, Ron right behind her. Harry and Ginny braced themselves as Hermione crushed them in a big, Molly Weasley style hug. Ron joined them as soon as he reached them. The four stood together as one for the longest time.

Eventually, Harry broke the silence. “You know, I still need to get to Gladrags and buy some warm socks.”

A snicker finally broke the continued silence, then a laugh. Then they all laughed out loud. By this time, others came over to shake Harry and Ginny’s hands.

Rosemerta hugged both of them together. “You two have a free ticket at my place for as long as you live. And from what I just saw, it’s going to be a very long life indeed.” Then she kissed each one on the cheek.

Someone else bumped into them and Ginny let out a small whimper, which didn’t escape Harry.

“All right. If you don’t mind, I need Madam Pomfrey to take a look at Ginny. We do have an injury.” Harry, still having an arm around Ginny’s waist, helped her walk up the hill to Hogwarts and the Hospital Wing.

Once Madam Pomfrey saw her favorite patient, she asked, “Well, what is it this time?”

Harry was at a loss for words. But Ginny spoke up.

“You wouldn’t believe us if we told you.”





Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear