Search:

SIYE Time:5:43 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Truth Is a Nasty Thing. Secrecy Is a Nasty Affair
By lots_of_Phlegm_around

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 21
Summary: "My point is that your well behaved, honest little girlfriend has been keeping major things from her hero. Things that I'm sure you, as her boyfriend, would have wanted to know." "Yeah? Humour me. Like what?" "Like that me and you're Weasel are bound for marriage once she's of age." Harry's wand dropped to the floor. Malfoy's grin widened.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5851







ChapterPrinter


“You’re lying Malfoy,” Harry snarled, his eyes narrowed in hatred.

“You think you know her better than I do Potter? You don’t know what she has or hasn’t done, what she will or will not do.”

“Of course I know her better than you! I have done for years!”

“Oh Potter, that’s where you’re wrong; where you’re always so wrong. You think it’s been this way forever? The Malfoys against the Weasels? Malfoys wouldn’t be so petty to cause hatred between two pureblood families- where would be the sense in that? Oh we knew the Weasleys alright. Every summer they’d come to our Manor or we’d go to theirs. They weren’t always so bad off, you know. But they gave it all up; their house, their money, their bond with our family and the other purebloods; just because they wouldn’t join us in our beliefs of cleansing our world.”

Harry didn’t know what to think. He didn’t want to think at all; but the sincerity in Malfoy’s voice, the disgust in his face told Harry that he was not making this up. But at the same time, how could it be true? Ginny, let alone Ron would have said after all those years of fights and duels…they would’ve said….and the image of Mr Weasley and Lucius Malfoy laughing over a pint of butterbeer was hard to conjure. Then again, Harry doubted butterbeer was Lucius’ style.

“How else would I have known Weasel so well on our first day? I warned you then and I was right; at least the Malfoys are honest. Looks to me your special friends have been keeping things from you. Funny. I didn’t think that happened in the wonderful world of Harry Potter’s golden trio.”

“So what? You used to be acquainted. They made the right choice, what’s your point Malfoy?”

“My point is that your well behaved, honest little girlfriend has been keeping major things from her hero. Things that I’m sure you, as her boyfriend, would have wanted to know.”

“Yeah? Humour me. Like what?”

“Like that me and you’re Weasel are bound for marriage once she’s of age.”

Harry’s wand dropped to the floor. Malfoy’s grin widened.

“What did you say?” Harry whispered dangerously. Malfoy couldn’t reply with the containment of laughter.

“I said what did you SAY?” Harry bellowed, storming up to Malfoy until he was an inch from his face. Any trace of amusement disappeared on Draco’s face. In it, replaced fear which at once vanished as Harry stepped back, breathing heavily.

“You heard Potter. And by your reaction the first time I don’t think you’d want to hear it repeated.”

Hands flew to hair. No. no. this couldn’t- this wouldn’t be. She would’ve said! Ginny, she would’ve- she would’ve said…

“But you’ve broken it off Malfoy. Of course you have. You’re families couldn’t hate each other more.”

“Ah, the ways of magic, unfortunately, don’t work by emotions I’m afraid Potter.”

“But- you HAVE to, any spell can be reversed, of course they can!”

“Not Unbreakable Vows Potter. And that’s what Weasel’s useless father and my father shook hands on twenty years ago; his first daughter, father’s first son, joined in matrimony forever and ever and live happily ever after in a big castle far away,” Malfoy sneered.

Harry didn’t have the brain capacity to defend Mr Weasley. He was too busy having his heart broken to care.

“You think I want to be married to Weasel? Not likely,” Malfoy crinkled his nose in disgust. “having her naked body lying close to me at night as we share a bed, having to see her dripping wet after a bath or swim in our pool…well actually, that’s not too bad,” Malfoy pushed Harry further.

Suddenly he was shoved hard, so hard he almost lost his footing completely.

“you dare talk about her like that again Malfoy, you dare; she wouldn’t even sleep in the same room as you, let alone a bed- as for seeing her naked- you go anywhere near her and I promise you now; I will kill you.”

The danger in Harry’s voice told Draco he was being honest enough; but the hurt in his eyes could not be masked by anger.

“Oh don’t worry yourself about that,” Draco tried to regain his dignity. “I wouldn’t touch her with a stick.”

“Good. And it better stay that way,” Harry growled as his wand wordlessly flew into his hand and he left with his cloak flying through the air, the doors banging hard against the walls as they flew open before he had even reached them.

Draco listened to the heavy footsteps slowly fading away, and grinned.

******

Good? Good? Harry could hardly see any good of this situation. No. there was no room for good. There was only room for anger. He had learnt that anger sometimes felt better in these situations. He had also learnt it was useless as the pain always broke in somehow through the seal you’d created; always ready to rip you apart with its teeth no matter how hard you tried to sedate it. Anger, yes. Hurt, yes. Tears, yes.
Rejection.
Betrayal.
Stupidity.
Blame.
Good?
No. there was no room for good.

It didn’t matter how hard he slammed the door when he entered; the crash was no where near loud enough. The way her back jolted in surprise was no where near enough. The fear in her chocolate brown eyes could never, ever be enough.
The way she backed away as his hands grasped tightly to her shoulders.
The way the tears were beginning to well at all the confusion.
The fact that no matter how he hurt her he was only hurting himself because it was the only thing he wanted to do and the last thing he wanted to do all at once just to see if there was any release to this unfathomable pain that would not relent and so nothing could be enough because this was the most he had ever hurt. And he had done some hurting in his time before now.
He had done his hurting. That was supposed to be over…Sunshine and daises…Sunshine and Ginny…Ginny.
He didn’t have her anymore. She wasn’t his. She belonged to someone, a possession promised even before her birth like a toy for everyone to play with but no-one to keep apart from Malfoy. Malfoy’s toy. Malfoy’s possession. Malfoy’s. Malfoy.

Whatever had happened to fate here? This was a fairytale, she had always called it. He was her knight and she his gobsmackingly-beautiful-damsel-who-wasn’ t-in-distress-but-fancied-the-pants-off- the-knight-anyway-so-technically-he-was- hers. That had always been their agreement, since those old days of Hogwarts. They had laughed about it then. They had discussed it to the early hours of the morning, giggling by the fire then. And she hadn’t happened to mention being practically engaged then.



Must’ve slipped your mind, he had yelled.
Mustn’t have been that important, Mustn’t have mattered, his throat had ripped under the abuse he was putting it through.
You must’ve forgotten when we were discussing our future.
When you told me you cared.
When you told me you loved me.
When you told me you would always be mine.
When you lied to me and made me believe you.
When you made me love you back.
Funny how little things get forgotten, isn’t it?



It never slipped my mind. It haunted me every day.
It mattered to me more than anything ever had in my entire life because I couldn’t live with the knowledge of it.
When we were discussing our future I needed to believe we had one.
I care so much sometimes it breaks me.
I love you to the point where words are useless.
I will belong to you forever whosever name I carry.
I never lied, I just couldn’t stop hiding.
I didn’t make you love me. I still can’t believe my luck.
I never forgot. I can’t forget. I can never forget.



Then why does it still kill me to look at you?



It has killed me to look at you since the day I knew.




Reviews 21
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear