Search:

SIYE Time:9:14 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324618; Chapter Total: 12185





Author's Notes:
NEWLY EDITED! please review




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter X - Godric's Hollow

“Harry, Harry, wake up!” Ginny whispered urgently as she continued to lie cuddled up against him, her head resting on his chest.

“What? Ginny? Did we stay down here all night?” Harry asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

Ginny nodded. “We have to get upstairs now. If Mum finds us like this she’s going to kill me!”

Harry yawned and ran his fingers through her hair as neither one of them had moved yet, both of them were much too comfortable and content in each other’s arms. “But Gin, we didn’t do anything.”

“It doesn’t matter, Harry, Mum is only going to look at it as we spent the night together, and she’s going to think the worst. She’s automatically going to assume that we’re sleeping together and she’ll go nuts.” Ginny explained. “You know how Mum is.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah okay, let’s get up. Maybe you should try to sneak back upstairs first and —”

“GINEVRA MOLLY WEASLEY! WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?” Mrs. Weasley exploded from the doorway.

Harry winced as Ginny mumbled “Oh no, too late.” Ginny quickly sat up and gave her mum a small smile. “Morning Mum, we weren’t doing anything, I was just cuddling with Harry.”

Mrs. Weasley glanced at both Harry and Ginny as if she didn’t believe them, though she did seem pleased to see them both in pyjamas as if she really had pictured the worst. “Ginny, you should at least have put a robe on, look at you in your night clothes, you should be better dressed.”

Ginny rolled her eyes. “Mum, I’m covered enough! I’m wearing pyjama pants and a tank top; my clothes cover the same if not less. Besides, I just wanted to spend a little time with Harry before he left and …” She cast a sideways glance at Harry, realizing her mistake. “Oops.”

Harry sighed and shot daggers at Ginny as he sat up. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had yet to tell Mr. and Mrs. Weasley that they were planning on leaving early. “Thanks Gin.”

“Harry, I’m sorry.” Ginny whispered.

“It’s okay. She was going to find out today anyway.”

“Ginny, what do you mean by ‘before he leaves’? Harry, where are you going?” Mrs. Weasley demanded.

“Er,” Harry began, trying to figure out how to say it without telling her too much about what he had to do. “Before Dumbledore died, the two of us were on a mission of a sort, to search for things related to Voldemort, things to help me know how to … defeat him … things to bring about his downfall for good this time. I have some places that I need to go to do this, to learn these things before school starts up again.”

“And Hermione and I are going with him.” Ron said from behind Mrs. Weasley. “Harry tried to talk us out of it, but we’re his best friends and we’re going!”

Mrs. Weasley placed her hands on her hips. “Oh, you most certainly are not going, Ronald Bilius Weasley! Not if I have anything to say about it. I may not be able to stop Harry and Hermione from going, as I am not their mother, but I won’t allow you to go, I won’t!”

Ron shrugged. “That’s too bad, Mum. I am going, and there’s nothing that you can do to stop me. I’m of age now.”

Mr. Weasley stepped into the living room. “What is all this commotion? It’s barely seven thirty in the morning!” He demanded.

Mrs. Weasley turned to look at her husband and he winced at the anger on her face, wondering what his children had done now. “Arthur, put a stop to this! Ron wants to go with Harry on some kind of mission about You-Know-Who, and I won’t have it! He’s not listening to reason!”

Mr. Weasley sighed, and took off his glasses to wipe them on his sleeve. “He is of age now, Molly.”

“I don’t care!” Mrs. Weasley replied stubbornly, tears in her voice now. “I won’t lose another son, Arthur, I can’t … I won’t … After all, Percy is as good as lost.”

Harry stood up now and went to go stand in front of Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. “Mrs. Weasley, look I promise to make sure that nothing happens to Ron or Hermione. This is something that I have to do, not the Order, but me. This is not a job for the Order of the Phoenix; it’s my job, my destiny. Dumbledore made me promise to tell only Ron and Hermione. Lupin knows through Dumbledore, but this is for me to do. Both Ron and Hermione will be a big help to me, and I swear that I will keep them safe no matter what happens. They can only help me for so long. That prophecy from the Department of Mysteries that Voldemort wanted and led me to in my fifth year, I heard it. It’s up to me to destroy him. The Daily Prophet does have something right; I am the Chosen One of some sort. I have to kill Voldemort or he has to kill me. The prophecy said something like “neither can live while the other survives”. This part of my task, this first part where I’m searching, I could really use Ron and Hermione’s help. We’ll only we gone for two weeks and we plan to meet everyone at King’s Cross on the first of September to make it back to school.”

Mrs. Weasley let out a sob and buried her face in her husband’s shoulder. Mr. Weasley nodded at Harry. “I understand, Harry, Molly and I both knew that something like this was coming. I understand that you can’t tell us everything because Dumbledore obviously had a good reason for keeping it a secret. I trust you to keep not only Ron and Hermione safe, but yourself as well.” He kissed his wife’s cheek. “Molly, you have to let Ron go, he’s an adult now. And it’s not the same as Percy.”

Ron nodded and walked over to hug his mum. “Mum, I’ll come home. I love you, and I won’t be a prat like Percy is. I promise.”

“When are you leaving?” Mrs. Weasley asked as she held tight to her youngest son.

Harry spoke up again. “We planned on leaving right after breakfast.”

Mrs. Weasley nodded and pulled both Harry and Hermione into her arms for a tight hug as well. “Alright … everyone into the kitchen for a spot of breakfast then. I can’t have you leaving without eating a proper meal.”

Harry smiled at her and gave her an extra hug before kissing her cheek. “Thanks Mrs. Weasley, you know that I look at you as the mum I never had, right?”

Mrs. Weasley nodded. “I know, Harry, Arthur and I love you like a son.” She kissed Harry’s forehead and then headed into the kitchen.

Harry turned to Ginny and kissed her softly before they all headed into the kitchen for breakfast.

After breakfast, Harry headed upstairs and did his push-ups and sit-ups before packing his trunk and taking a shower. As he was placing the last few things into his trunk, Ginny came into the room.

“Are you taking your trunk with you?” She asked, taking a seat on George’s bed.

“Yeah, Hermione came up with the idea to use the shrinking charm, so that we can carry it all in knapsack.” He quickly shrunk all of his belongings and placed them into his knapsack just as Ron and Hermione came into the room.

“You ready to go, mate?” Ron asked, looking over at Ginny.

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I’ll meet you down there in a second.” His friends nodded and headed downstairs as Harry turned to Ginny. “I guess I’ll see you on the train when school starts up.”

Ginny didn’t respond she just walked over to him and took him into her arms, hugging him tight. “Be safe, Harry.”

Harry ran his fingers through her hair. “I will. I love you.” He kissed her softly, lingering for only a moment before he pulled back, gave her a small smile and he Disapparated on the spot.

Ginny stared around the empty room as tears filled her eyes. He would come back to her … he had to.

********

They went to see the graves of Lily and James Potter first. They were buried in a cemetery just outside of Godric’s Hollow. Harry brought a bouquet of roses and daffodils, Lupin had told him that they were his mum’s favourite flowers. Ron and Hermione told him that they would wait by the entrance so that he could be alone. He nodded at them and walked around until he came across their headstone. They shared one head stone in white marble. It read:

James Andrew Potter and Lily Rose Evans Potter born 1959; died 1981. Beloved friends and beloved parents. They lived with so much love and happiness and they died as heroes.

Harry smiled at the gravestone; he wondered who had done the headstone. He’d bet money that it wasn’t his Aunt Petunia. Remus and Sirius, he thought, they would have known what to do. He placed the flowers on the ground in front of the head stone.

“Er, I don’t know what to say, I don’t even know if you can hear me. It seems to make more sense to talk to your portraits at Potter Manor; at least I can get an answer back. I miss you both even though I can barely remember anything about my life with you. I’m sure that it was a happy one, much happier than life with the Dursleys anyway.” He sighed and smiled down at the grave. “I used to wish everyday that some unknown relation would take me away from there forever and tell me that my parents hadn’t really died; just had been lost and they didn’t know how to find me again. I was so curious about you, Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia wouldn’t tell me anything. I never even saw a picture of you guys until the end of my first year at Hogwarts. Hagrid sent letters out to all of your old school friends and had a photo album made for me. I couldn’t believe how much I looked like you. Though everyone always says that I’m the spitting image of you, Dad, but I’ve got Mum’s eyes." He sighed and swallowed down tears as the thought hit him; his parents were there, just beneath him; their bodies were within reach. He wiped a stray tear from his eye before he continued. "Well, I’m here with my friends, Ron and Hermione, we have to search for the horcruxes, and then according to the prophecy I have to kill Voldemort … I’m scared, what if I can’t do it? I’ve never killed anyone before. And it’s not something that I’m too anxious to try.” He looked around at his friends who were talking in the distance. “I’m going to the cottage now, to see … well, to see what I don’t know. But watch over me and … I love you.”

He kissed his fingers and placed them on the stone before standing up and heading over to Ron and Hermione. “Okay, I’m ready to go now.”

Hermione smiled at him. “Do you feel better now?”

“Slightly. It felt good to just go there and properly pay my respects, you know?”

Hermione nodded. “Yeah, I know. Alright, so now do you want to go to the cottage?”

“Yeah, it should be near by.”

*********

Harry, Ron, and Hermione appeared silently in Godric’s Hollow a couple of seconds later. The streets were quiet and almost deserted. Harry led the way, following the instructions that Lupin had given him until they arrived at a large two-story cottage that was in shambles. Hermione placed a comforting hand on Harry’s shoulder as they headed inside. The walls were scorched black and the furniture was dusty and broken. He looked around at his friends and smiled. “It’s … well … broken.”

Ron laughed. “Blimey, Harry, what did you expect? No one’s lived here in sixteen years.”

Harry nodded as they stepped further into the ruins. “I know. I don’t even know what I’m looking for. I just thought the beginning would be the best place to start. Though this place is in better shape then I expected.”

He wandered around from room to room; waiting for any sort of pull of recognition that he had once lived here. When he stepped into the kitchen, memories came flooding back as though he had never left.

“James! What are you doing? Harry just ate; he’s going to be sick all over you!” Lily exclaimed as she watched her husband throw their son up into the air. “That is not safe. You bring him down right now!”

James grinned over at his wife. “Ah, heck, Lily, it’s not going to hurt him. Look he’s laughing.”

Lily continued to glare at her husband. “James, stop that!” She placed a hand over her racing heart as she watched her husband catch their son and cuddle him close in his strong arms. Lily hurried over and took Harry into her arms, snuggling him against her breast. “Its okay, honey, Mummy has you now. I won’t let Daddy do that anymore.”

James laughed and slipped his arms around his wife’s waist, leaning in to give her a long, passionate kiss. “Lily, Harry’s fine. I wouldn’t let anything happen to him.”

Lily smiled. “I know, I just … when I saw him up in the air like that, Merlin, James, you almost gave me a heart attack!”

James laughed. “A heart attack? Witches don’t get heart attacks, only muggles do. You know we got a cure for those, if you had one I could have brought you back.” He kissed his wife again, ignoring her glare before kissing Harry’s cheek. “Besides, if that scared you, then be thankful you didn’t see what Sirius was doing yesterday with Harry.”

Lily’s emerald green eyes narrowed. “James Andrew Potter, what was Sirius doing to our son? Was he levitating him again?”

“Well, we thought it would be neat if we brought him out to … wait a minute, if I tell you, you’re going to yell at me.” James said, almost as if he was considering the options here.

“James, what happened?” Lily demanded.

James lifted Harry from his wife’s arms and kissed her. “Wouldn’t you like to know?” Then he hurried from the room, as Lily chased after him, laughing.


“Harry!” Hermione exclaimed. “Are you alright?”

Harry nodded, grinning to himself at the memory. He couldn’t have been more than ten months old. “Yeah, I’m fine. Just a good memory that I didn’t know I had. Come on.” He headed up the stairs and into his parents bedroom.

“I can’t believe all of the stuff that’s still here. I mean there are some nice pieces of furniture and some blankets and everything. Don’t you think that someone would have looted an old abandoned place like this by now?” Ron asked as he opened the closet door and glanced at all of the clothes.

“Lupin told me that he and Sirius placed a charm on the house so that everything would be open to only me when the time came so that none of that would happen.” Harry explained as he opened his mum’s jewellery box.

He pulled out a silver locket with the Potter crest on the front. It was an oval shape and just had a large letter P on the front. He opened it up and smiled when he saw a picture of his parents. He pocketed it and continued to sort through the jewellery. A lot of it was costume jewellery but then he saw the emeralds. He pulled out a gorgeous white gold and emerald necklace with a matching bracelet and earrings. The necklace was an emerald tear drop that dipped right between the breasts, he immediately pictured it on Ginny, thinking maybe one day she could wear it. The earrings were also tear drops that dangled from the ears. He placed them in his pocket as well.

Then he found the wedding rings. They were both white gold. The one that belonged to James had little emerald stones all around the thick gold band as well as tiny diamonds. Lily’s matched except she also had an engagement ring. The engagement ring was also white gold but it had a large oval emerald in the centre with two diamonds on either side of it. It was gorgeous.

Hermione gasped from behind Harry. “Oh Harry, those are beautiful! Are they your parents’ wedding rings?”

Harry nodded. “I’d say so. I wonder why they weren’t wearing them when they died.”

“Maybe Lupin or Sirius put them here for you to have one day.” Hermione suggested as she watched Harry’s face cloud with emotion.

“Yeah, maybe.” Harry placed the rings in his pocket as well and then decided to just put all the jewellery back into the box and take the box with him. He locked it and placed it in his trunk before shrinking everything down again and putting it back into his bag.

“Blimey, Harry, I think you ought to see this.” Ron replied as he pulled out a box from the closet.

Harry hurried over as Ron pulled out a leather bound notebook. “What is it, Ron?”

“I think they’re journals. This one belongs to your dad and this one looks like a woman’s writing. There are only two of them.”

Harry nodded. “The rest are probably at Potter Manor.” Harry sent the box to Potter Manor with a message to Maddy to put them in the master bedroom with any other journals that his parents had kept.

“James, what are you doing?” Lily asked as she watched James place their son between them in the bed.

James grinned. “Harry looked lonely over there, he missed his mummy.”

Lily laughed and placed a kiss on her son’s cheek as he kicked his legs and looked around the room, eyes wide. “I think his daddy just doesn’t want to admit how attached he is to our beautiful baby boy. I believe that you are smitten, James Potter.”

“I am not smitten. He’s just … ours, that’s the most amazing thing in the world. I mean, look he’s got my messy hair and your gorgeous eyes, it’s the best of both worlds.”

Lily nodded. “Just as long as he doesn’t obtain your ego.”

“Hey! I’m offended by that.” He reached over to take a journal off his night table. “So what did we do today, Mrs. Potter? We have to keep track of our lives so that one day Harry can tell his grandkids about how amazing Lily and James Potter were.”

Lily sighed. “Ego, James, ego.”

James laughed and kissed his wife softly. “As long as he gets your brains, it doesn’t matter.”


Harry smiled and looked over at his confused friends. “Don’t worry; I’m just getting floods of memories from living here, memories about my parents. It’s nice.”

Ron grinned. “Are your parents cool?”

Harry laughed. “Yeah and from what I’m remembering they were crazy in love with each other. It’s nice to remember that instead of always just hearing people say it.” He looked over at the door on the right and took a deep breath.

“Harry, are you sure that you want to go into this last room? I mean you don’t know what kind of memories will surface?” Hermione replied as she looked at the nursery door that her friend was staring at, remembering how he had once said that he could hear his parents’ death when the Dementors came too close to him.

“Yeah, I’m sure, I have to go in there.” He opened the door and smiled when he saw that there were animals on the wall in this nursery too. His mum and dad had used the same theme as in Potter Manor but they had decorated it differently. He looked over at the broken crib and a flood of memories came rushing back, memories that he had heard constantly in his third year when he had been swarmed by Dementors; memories that even now took him one step farther into that night.

“Lily, he’s here. He’s found us. I need you to go; I don’t know how long I can hold him off.” James replied, looking out the window as he watched the dark hooded figure approach.

“No James,” Lily said as she held Harry in her arms. “I’m not going to leave you here.”

James sighed in frustration. “Lily! We have to keep Harry safe, just do what I say.”

“No, James, I’m not going to lose you. I love you.”

The front door opened downstairs, making the house rattle. James turned to his wife once more and kissed her softly before placing a kiss on his son’s head and slipping a necklace with two small bottles hanging from it around his son’s neck and then placing one necklace with only one bottle around his wife’s neck. “Lily, he’s here, go now and keep Harry safe. I love you, too.” He hurried down the stairs, leaving Lily and Harry alone in the nursery.

Lily placed Harry in his crib as tears poured down her face. She kissed her son’s cheeks. “I love you Harry, but we can’t let your Daddy fight him all by himself.” She took the necklace off and placed it around Harry’s neck with the other one. The noise from below was deafening but Lily could not leave her son. Finally she heard someone outside the nursery half an hour later and she knew instantly that it wasn’t James.

“Lily Potter, nice to meet you. Now move out of the way, you don’t need to die like your husband did.” Voldemort replied as he pointed his wand at Harry.

Lily stood bravely in front of the crib. “I won’t let you hurt him. He’s just an innocent little baby!”

“Move aside, you silly girl!”

“NO!”

Voldemort’s wand changed directions so fast that it was hard to see what happened. “Avada Kedavra!” A blast of green light shot out and Lily was lying in front of the crib, dead. Voldemort sneered at her, missing the white glow of light that blinked suddenly around Harry’s crib. Voldemort turned to Harry and raised his wand. “Avada Kedavra!” Harry saw another flash of green light and then he heard a painful scream before he glanced around the empty room and he began to cry.

He cried for hours, or so he thought, until Hagrid came running into the room. Hagrid looked down at Harry and picked him up into his arms. “Arry, shh, don’t cry baby, Hagrid is here now. It’s amazing, you’re alive. But how did you survive, Harry, you’re just a little baby?” He held Harry close as he glanced down at Lily, tears in his eyes. He headed downstairs just as Sirius stumbled into the house.

“Hagrid, what happened? I went to check on Peter and he was gone and now …” He looked over and saw James’ body in the hallway. “No!” He rushed forward, shaking his friend’s body. “James, come on, you can’t be dead, come o,n James, wake up!”

“Sirius!” Hagrid said, tears pouring down his face. “You’re too late. Lily’s gone too, she’s upstairs in the nursery. There’s only ‘Arry now.”

Sirius looked up at Hagrid and then over at Harry, tears rolling down his face. “Give him too me Hagrid, I’m his godfather, Harry’s my responsibility now.”

Hagrid shook his head, as he placed a comforting hand on Sirius’ shoulder as Sirius cried. “I can’t, I’ve got Dumbledore’s orders to take him to his aunt and uncle’s house.”

Sirius nodded. “Take my bike, Hagrid. If I don’t have to look after Harry, there’s something else I have to do.” He kissed Harry on the head and walked out of the house without a backwards glance.


“Sirius was going after Wormtail right away, he knew what must of have happened.” Harry replied as Hermione placed a comforting hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“You okay, mate?” Ron asked as he looked around the broken nursery and then over at his friend’s tear stained face.

Harry nodded and Hermione pulled him into her arms. “Let it go, Harry, it’s good to grieve.”

Tears poured from Harry’s eyes, sobs racking his body so hard that he shook. Ron walked over and placed his arms around both of his friends as he watched Harry break down. Harry cried for his parents, for Sirius’ life in jail, for his own life with the Dursleys, for Sirius’ death, for Dumbledore’s death, and then finally in fear for what he had to do in the end, and for all of the sacrifices he knew would have to be made. He pulled away from his friends after for what he knew could have been hours later and wiped the tears from his eyes.

“Uh … thanks.” He replied, slightly embarrassed for having broke down in front of Ron.

Ron nodded. “Don’t worry about it, Harry, I don’t know how you’ve managed to hold all of that in for as long as you have. I think I would have broken a long time ago.” He patted Harry on the back and Harry smiled at Ron.

“Thanks.”

Hermione wiped tears from her eyes. “What am I going to do with the two of you?”

Harry shrugged. “I don’t know. Well, are you guys ready for the next stop?”

They both nodded. “What’s next, mate?” Ron asked, looking at his watch which said that it was already past midnight, proving that Harry had grieved a long time.

Harry looked out the window before turning to his friends. “My nightmare.”
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear