Search:

SIYE Time:7:13 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 323803; Chapter Total: 12224





Author's Notes:
A/N - I was having some trouble with this chapter and the way it was flowing. Please review and tell me what you think - any comments or ways to spruce it up a bit will be very helpful! NEWLY EDITED




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter XI - Little Hangleton

“Nightmare?” Hermione asked, looking worried and a little confused.

Ron simply nodded at Harry. “The graveyard.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah.” He took a deep breath before continuing. “Alright, it’s in the village of Little Hangleton.” They apparated straight there and Harry took a deep breath as he looked across the graveyard to the spot where he had once been tied to the stone, scared and confused. He wandered around, Ron and Hermione on his heels.

“Harry is this where …?” Hermione asked.

“Yeah. I was tied to that stone there; it’s the grave of Voldemort’s father Tom Riddle Senior.” The memories came flooding back as Harry explained what had happened. “There was a cauldron in front of it, just here. Wormtail came out of the shadows with that ugly baby in his arms; or what I thought was a baby. My scar started burning uncontrollably, and Cedric didn’t understand but I knew and I was in too much pain to warn him and then Wormtail was there and Voldemort said “Kill the spare”. Wormtail, he killed Cedric, and then he began the ritual.” He walked closer to Tom Riddle Senior’s grave, walking around it, trying to think of anything that might be a clue as to what a horcrux might be and why Voldemort would hide one here of all places. He remembered the ritual; the way that Voldemort had stepped out of the cauldron; the way that the Death Eaters had returned to him and begged him for forgiveness; the way that he had duelled with him before their wands had connected; and before he had escaped. Finally, he shook his head. “I don’t think there’s anything here. Come on, let’s go to a hotel and get some sleep, maybe I’ll think better tomorrow.”

Ron stepped up beside Harry. “Hotel? Harry we don’t have enough money to stay in a hotel every night for the next two weeks.”

Harry didn’t comment, he simply led his friends into the muggle hotel in Little Hangleton and into the suite that he had bought for the night. Once inside the room, Ron gasped. “Blimey, Harry, do we really need anything this expensive? Besides, Hermione and I can’t let you pay for everything.”

“Yes, you can … I’ve uh, sort of been keeping a secret from you guys.” He replied as he took a seat on one of the chairs in the living room area, figuring that now was probably the best time to mention to them what he had asked Ginny not to say.

Hermione sat down across from him. “Harry, what is it? Is it serious?”

Harry laughed, “No, I mean it’s shocking. Ginny knows, only because she was there when Lupin told me. I wasn’t keeping anything from you two purposely or anything; I just don’t know how to say it.”

Ron looked at Harry suspiciously and he sat down. “Harry, what’s going on?”

“Okay … so you know how I have a bit of money in my account from my parents at Gringotts? Well, it turns out that when I turned seventeen, everything that belonged to both the Potter family and Sirius was transferred over, like it was in safekeeping until I reached the age of seventeen.”

“Harry, what do you mean by everything being transferred?” Hermione asked as Ron just stared at his friend, looking confused.

Harry nodded. “Well, apparently, the Potters were filthy rich, and I mean super rich! Now that I’m seventeen I get six million galleons in my bank account … annually.”

Ron’s jaw dropped open. “WHAT?”

“Tell me about it, I was in shock when I found out. That’s more money then I will ever know what to do with. So look, I’m paying for everything on this trip.”

“Harry, is that all you get is money? I mean I know you told us about Potter Manor, but is there anything else?” Hermione asked, completely ignoring Ron who still looked dumbfounded by the entire conversation. “I mean muggles have whole estates and things, you know property and maybe pieces of furniture or something. Did you get anything like that as well?”

“Er, yeah.” Harry admitted.

“There’s more?” Ron exclaimed. “What else did you get?”

Harry sighed, he might as well mention everything, after all these were his two best friends, so what was he worried about? He grinned at them before continuing, he wasn’t worried about anything; he just felt guilty because he felt like he was bragging. He shook the thought from his mind, he wasn't bragging; these were his two best friends, they would understand. Besides, it wasn’t like he had asked for all of this.

“I haven’t seen anything but Potter Manor and now Godric’s Hollow, but apparently I also own houses, well, actually, mansions in France, Italy, Germany, Russia, California, British Columbia, New York, Ireland, and Scotland. Well, Potter Manor is in Scotland. Or at least, that’s what Lupin said. And of course, I still have Grimmauld Place, as well as I inherited that from Sirius.”

“Bloody hell!” Ron said, leaning back in the chair. “You own twelve bloody homes! Twelve! Blimey Harry, and they’re all mansions! Bloody hell!”

“Ron, are you angry with me? I know that money is … well, a bit of a sore issue with you?” Harry asked, hoping that his friend wasn’t going to blow up in his anger. “Which is kind of why I didn’t tell you right away?”

Ron looked at Harry and shook his head, surprising Harry with his answer. “No, I’m not mad, I’m just shocked. Besides I know you’ll let us party at any of your mansions whenever we want.”

Harry laughed. “Well, of course. I do want to take you guys to Potter Manor before school starts up again. You two have got to see it, it’s hard to explain so I’ll have to take you to see it.”

Hermione nodded. “Well, now that this problem is solved, can we get back to a more pressing problem, like dinner and sleep?”

“Good idea, Hermione, I’m starving!” Ron replied, rubbing a hand over his stomach.

Harry laughed and went to go find a room service menu. They picked out what they wanted and then Harry ordered it up to their room. They ate quietly and then headed off to sleep, hoping the next day was better.

*********

Harry woke up early the next morning and stretched lazily in the large bed. He glanced over at Ron and Hermione who were cuddled together in the bed next to him. He had given them a couple of hours of privacy the night before, while he had wondered around the town of Little Hangleton, desperately wishing that he could have Ginny in his arms like Ron had Hermione. But he knew that she couldn’t be here, her parents would never have allowed it since she was only sixteen. And Harry wanted her to be safe; something he couldn’t guarantee on this trip. He didn’t know what was going to happen. He wandered over to the sitting area and began his morning routine workout, before heading into the shower. When he came out of the bathroom, Ron and Hermione were sitting on the couch eating breakfast.

“Good morning. I hope you don’t mind but we were hungry so we ordered breakfast.” Hermione replied.

Harry shrugged. “Yeah that works. I want to discuss the horcruxes with you guys anyway.” He sat down and helped himself to some bacon and eggs before speaking. “Well, let’s review what we do know. We know there are seven, or we assume he made seven as that seems to be the most logical. Seven is the magical number after all. First, there was the diary that he made when he was sixteen. I destroyed that in my second year when I rescued Ginny. Second, there’s Marvolo's ring, which Dumbledore destroyed last summer. Third, is the locket of Slytherin which we have yet to find. All we know is that someone beat us to the punch. We have to find this R.A.B. person and find out if he destroyed it. That’s very important. The fourth horcrux, Dumbledore and I believe it to be the cup of Hufflepuff. The fifth one is the biggest mystery of all, Dumbledore and I came to the conclusion that it is most likely something of Gryffindor’s or something of Ravenclaw’s. Though most likely the latter as the only known relic belonging to Godric Gryffindor is the sword that I pulled out of the Sorting Hat in my second year to kill that basilisk. The sixth one is possibly Nagini, Voldemort’s snake. However, that one may be tricky and will be the last horcrux that we destroy because Nagini is alive and because Nagini is always in the sight of Voldemort. We don’t need him to discover what we’re doing any faster than necessary. Seventh is of course Voldemort himself, which naturally means that he, must be killed last because as long as there are horcruxes around he can’t die.”

Ron nodded. “Yeah, well that leaves five left for us to worry about, possibly four if this R.A.B. person destroyed the locket.”

“But who is R.A.B.?” Harry asked in frustration, fisting his hands into his hair. “I mean, is he, or was he, a follower of Voldemort? Is he dead or alive? Whose side is he on?”

“Well, I’m assuming he’s against Voldemort since he took the original locket and left a note saying that he removed it.” Hermione replied. “But we do have to find him and make sure that he actually got rid of it.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, but who is R.A.B.? That’s the question.”

Ron and Hermione looked over at each other nervously. They didn’t know what to say. This whole trip was nothing as to what they had expected. So far they had merely briefly visited places where Harry had memories come back to him. But he didn’t seem to know what he was looking for. To be honest, neither one of them knew what to look for either.

“I don’t know, mate … we’ll do some research on him. Don’t worry, we’ll figure it out. After all, we’ve got the queen of research over here.”

Hermione glared at Ron. “Come on, Harry, let’s go back to the graveyard and finish looking around. When you find what you’re looking for, you’ll know. Trust me on that, Harry, you will know.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I hope so. Okay, let’s go back to the graveyard.”

Within an hour, the three of them stood in front of Tom Riddle Senior’s grave once again. Harry glanced around the graveyard, trying to focus on what was there now and not to remember what happened here in the past. He closed his eyes and Voldemort’s voice echoed in his mind.

“But I can touch him now.”

Harry closed the memory off and looked at the area. There was nothing here, he knew it, in his mind and in his heart, but he had to look. He had to think and he had to remember. The night he had come to the graveyard had given him some of the worst nightmares that he could ever remember having, which is why he thought it was so important to be here. He wandered throughout the cemetery checking around headstones and trees, but not wandering too far from the area of Riddle’s grave. He was lost in flashes of that night, that horrible night when he had watched Voldemort rise again. Ron touched his arm and Harry winced — memories taking over his mind as he heard more echoes, this time more clearly in his mind as he found himself falling. Words and images raced through his mind and taking him into the darkness of an old nightmare, and an evening that he wished had never happened.

“Blood of the enemy … forcibly taken … you will … resurrect your foe,” Wormtail was saying as he lifted Harry’s arm and sliced it open with the blade. “But I can touch him now,” Voldemort replied as he slid his long thin finger down Harry’s cheek. “Now untie him Wormtail, and give him back his wand,” Voldemort said as he glanced at Harry in amusement. “We are not playing hide and seek Harry … You cannot hide from me. Does this mean you are tired of our duel? Does this mean that you would prefer me to finish it now, Harry? Come out, Harry … come out and play, then … it will be quick … it might even be painless … I would not know … I have never died …” Harry took a deep breath, he wasn’t going to die hiding; he was going to die bravely, fighting like his dad had. “Stun him!” Voldemort yelled as Harry ran towards the portkey. “Stand aside! I will kill him! He is mine!” Voldemort yelled angrily at his Death Eaters as Harry vanished with the portkey.

“HARRY!” Hermione exclaimed, shaking him awake. Harry opened his eyes to find himself lying on the ground of the graveyard.

“What happened?” He sat up and looked up at his friends, who looked extremely concerned

“I touched your arm to tell you that I didn’t think there was anything here and you looked at me and just … fainted.” Ron replied, his face pale with worry.

Harry nodded while trying to stand up. “Sorry about that. I … you’re right, there’s nothing here. I just … memories from that night … nightmares actually.”

Ron nodded at Harry. “I remember, mate, you’ve dreamed of this night a lot. Are you alright?”

Harry managed a small smile at Ron, grateful that for once in his life he didn’t have to explain anything, after all, his nightmares were memories that he relived constantly in his dreams. “Yeah, I’m fine. It’s hard to be here again, knowing that I watched him rise again … but I’m fine. Images were just running through my mind, and when you grabbed my arm like that, it brought me back to Wormtail cutting my arm open for blood. Sorry about that.”

“It’s okay, Harry.” Hermione replied.

Ron looked around the cemetery and turned back to Harry. “Well, if there’s nothing here, do you want to go then?”

“Yeah … we need to find out who R.A.B. is. Anybody know of a good library outside of Hogwarts?” Harry asked.

Hermione grinned. “Harry! Let’s check out the public library in London!”

Harry looked up at his friend, startled. “The muggle library? Hermione, what’s that going to do?”

Hermione smiled, looking so delighted in herself that she had obviously just been holding in her idea until she was ready to burst. “R.A.B. could be muggle born, Harry; therefore he could have done things that would contribute to the muggle world. It won’t hurt to look and you never know, we might come up with a list of names, and find that they match a list we make from the Hogwarts library.”

“Library! How could I have been so stupid!? Potter Manor has a library as well, an enormous one, bigger than at Hogwarts! We’ll have to check that out too.” Harry replied, watching Hermione’s eyes widen in delight at the idea of an even bigger library than the one she already loved. “But let’s check out the muggle one first!”

“To London, then?” Ron asked, as he adjusted his bag on his shoulder.

“To London.” Harry said and the three of them Disapparated, arriving minutes later in Diagon Alley. “Alright, we’ll run out and catch a cab.”

Ron and Hermione followed him into the Leaky Cauldron and then out into muggle London. They managed to hail down a taxi cab and within twenty minutes found themselves outside of the largest public library in London. Hermione was giddy as she hurried inside with Ron and Harry at her heels.

Hermione headed straight for the index and began to hum softly as she searched before deciding to head over to the front desk for help. Harry and Ron just followed her, not quite sure as to what she wanted them to do because even though Harry had lived in the muggle world for ten years, he had never been in a library before either and was just as clueless as Ron.

“Excuse me?” Hermione asked the older woman behind the desk. “Do you think that you could help me? You see, my friends and I are looking for someone with the initials R.A.B. but we have absolutely no idea at where to look as we don’t know what he may have done or possibly wrote. Do you think that you could help us?”

The woman smiled warmly at Hermione, adjusting her glasses. “Of course, dear. The best bet would probably be to do a search of the library. That computer over there is available.”

Hermione smiled. “Thank you.”

“Computator?” Ron asked, “What’s that?”

“Computer, Ron, and it’s a muggle device.” Harry explained deciding not to go into too much detail to prevent confusion. Hermione sat down in front of it and went to the catalogue of the library before typing in her search.

“Well, in this library there are actually only three hundred and sixty people with these initials.”

“Three hundred and sixty?” Harry exclaimed. “How do we narrow it down?” He sat down next to her as he looked over at the list. He then realized that some of these names only had part of the initials which made him breathe a sigh of relief.

Hermione printed off the list and split it evenly into three sections and each of them got to work searching the stacks. Harry looked down at his list and glanced at the first name, Ronald Ackerbury Billion. He found the section of books about him and began to sort through them. He soon learned that he was a fictional character in an adventure story about America. He placed the book back on the shelf and skimmed through the other books on him; they were all the same, some trilogy story about the guy and his adventures.

The day passed very slowly as Ron, Hermione, and Harry searched through the books with people of those initials. At eleven o’clock that evening, the librarian came over to shoo them out. They headed across the street to a hotel for the evening and bright and early the next day they were back in the library to continue their search. When Harry saw that he only had twenty names left he decided it was time for a lunch break. He was starving.

“Ron, want to go get some food. I’m starved.” Harry suggested as he stretched.

Hermione looked angry. “We don’t need a break, keep searching! How many names have you done?”

“Hermione, I’ve only got twenty more. Come on, let’s take a break, I’m honestly so hungry I could eat a hippogriff.”

Ron laughed. “Yeah, come on Hermione, just an hour. Then we’ll come back, we promise.”

Hermione sighed and stood up. “Alright.” She slammed her book closed and went to put it away before leaving the library with the two of them as they headed down the street to an Italian place.

Once they had made their orders, Harry leaned back in his seat and sighed. “This is nice, relaxation. I wish Ginny was here though.”

Ron grinned. “Yeah, I’m sure she does too mate.”

They didn’t talk much, after that. They just ate quickly and headed back to the library. Harry looked at his watch when they walked in and was surprised to see that it was actually closer to seven p.m. He grinned, no wonder he had been so hungry, they had skipped lunch altogether. He got back to work quickly, and when they were kicked out the second time for closing, grinned at the prospect of only having two more names to go.

The next morning they could be found in the library again. Harry finished his last two names and he began to look over his notes, surprised at how many names he had actually wrote down. He got up to go check on Ron and Hermione and was pleased that between the two of them there were only three names left. Harry decided to take the last one and within half an hour, they were finished.

“Finally!” Ron exclaimed. “I can’t believe we’re done.”

“Now we have to go over it, Ron. Let’s go back to the hotel room where we can talk more privately.” Hermione suggested as they packed up their notes. Once they were safely in the hotel room and a silence charm had been placed on the door, Hermione pulled out her notes. “Well, how did you two do?”

Harry shrugged. “More notes than I expected, actually. I’ve got seven names. You?”

Hermione smiled. “I’ve got six names. Ron?”

“Eight.”

“Well, that shortens the list completely. Okay let me see what you’ve come up with.” Hermione said, taking the notes and reading them over.

Harry and Ron shrugged, stretching out on the beds. After a few minutes, Hermione came over to sit on the bed next to Ron. “Alright, so between the three of us, this is what we’ve come up with, a total of twenty-one names.” She did a little jiggle with her wand and the notes arranged themselves in a nice neat order that obviously only Hermione could understand. “Okay, Harry read this out loud; I want to know what you think while you’re reading it.”

“Sure.” He took the list from Hermione and sighed before he began to read:

1. Robert Adam Bradford - a doctor of philosophy. His theories are based on magic versus religion, the decline of the belief in magic in the world, and why philosophical ideas tend to be so scientifically centred.
2. Ryan Atkins Boil - a doctor of psychology. His ideas focus on the mind set of individuals and his experiments go from the mentally insane to people who are suspected of doing weird things.
3. Rowena Anne Barrett - doctor of sociology. Her theories focus on the society as a whole and why different groups of people are separated from the whole. She spends a great deal of time discussing the significant other and why that other differs from everyone else.
4. Romulus Asher Bantam - doctor of geomorphology. He focuses on different views of the earth and unnatural occurrences that cannot be explained.
5. Roger Anton Bronte - biologist. His theories are on mythological creatures such as mermaids and why they cannot exist in today’s society.
6. Rosemary Arlene Brigham - history professor. Her work is based on mythological stories in history and the basis of witchcraft and Wicca; how they differ and why they play such a large role in our society …”


The list went on and on.

When Harry was done reading, they sat there in silence, thinking about the individuals. Finally Hermione stood up and took out a quill and parchment. “Alright, I’m going to write down all twenty-one names and just say them out loud with their occupation, we’re going to see if any of them ring a bell, to any of us.” She scribbled for a few minutes before she began to list off the names.

1. Robert Adam Bradford (philosopher)
2. Ryan Atkins Boil (psychologist)
3. Rowena Anne Barrett (sociologist)
4. Romulus Asher Bantam (geomorphologist)
5. Roger Anton Bronte (biologist)
6. Rosemary Arlene Brigham (historian)
7. Rhonda Arianna Bennett (chemist)
8. Remus Aaron Bartello (pharmacist)
9. Roberto Antonio Barceló (artist)
10. Randolph Acker Baron (geographer),
11. Romwell Alcott Bartley (mythologist)
12. Russell Axton Beacher (philosopher/historian)
13. Richard Ashwood Bentley (science professor)
14. Reginald Archer Bolton (mathematician)
15. Rover Avery Britto (sociologist)
16. Rayland Almer Blakemore (biologist/chemist)
17. Ramsey Albert Brookson (computer technician)
18. Radley Alfred Berton (politician)
19. Rexford Aurick Bliss (detective)
20. Rowan Aiken Breister (environmentalist)
21. Ridge Adolph Birkley (archaeologist)


“Do any of those names sound familiar?” Hermione asked.

Harry and Ron both shook their heads no, causing Hermione to sigh. “That’s what I was afraid of.”

“So, now what?” Ron asked. “I mean if we don’t recognize any of the names, what do we do?”

“Well, we still have to research wizards, Ron; I mean those people are all muggles. Once we have a list of witches and wizards who have those initials, I guess we go from there.” Harry replied, glancing over at Hermione who just nodded at him. “There are two more places I’d like to go before we head back to Hogwarts. I want to check out the Riddle House, and then I’d like to take you guys to see Potter Manor. I figure we can hang out there until its time to go back to school.”

“Brilliant!” Ron exclaimed. “Besides, we’ve already been gone five days. Do you want to go to the Riddle House now or tomorrow?”

Harry shrugged. “Well, why not now we don’t have much else to do. Besides, like the graveyard I don’t know how much will be there. I’ve never been there except for in some of my dreams. Are you two ready?”

They nodded so they checked out of the room and headed back to Little Hangleton. They stepped into the house which was so dusty and uncared for that if reminded Harry of the Shrieking Shack. After a quick search through all of the rooms, Harry decided that it too had been a waste of time. “There’s nothing here.”

Ron nodded. “Yeah, I know, besides it’s his father’s house isn’t it? He had major issues with his dad I don’t think that he would put something here.”

“His father!” Harry exclaimed, his mind racing to pick up the conclusions he’d made. “Voldemort hated his father for three reasons. First off and most important, is that Tom Riddle Senior was a muggle, how dare his mother taint the Slytherin pureblood. Second, Voldemort’s mother used a love potion on his father and when she stopped using it, after she had married him and became pregnant, he deserted her and their son without a care in the world. This leaves Voldemort to grow up in an orphanage because his mother dies in childbirth and his father wants nothing to do with him. Third, is the fact that his father has never wanted anything to do with him. How terrible must it feel to know that you have a parent out there who knows about you and is alive and well but wants nothing to do with you? Voldemort hates this.” Harry replied. “So yeah, Ron, you have a point that you don’t think that he would put anything here because he does have problems with his father, but maybe something in the end will tie back to it.”

“I don’t know, Harry,” Hermione replied. “I think that you might be jumping to conclusions. I don’t think this house will have anything to do with Voldemort except that he might use it as a hideout, like he did before.”

Harry grinned. “But that still ties it back.” He glanced around the old house once more before turning back to his friends. “Alright, there’s nothing else we can do. We need to research some more. Let’s head back to Potter Manor, we can use the library there and there’s some … things I have to show you.” Harry replied, thinking of his parents’ portraits. “We’ll head back to Diagon Alley and floo there because you can’t apparate in the house, it’s extremely well protected. Actually, I have to get Lupin to help me fix that later on.”

“Brilliant! I can’t wait to see it, mate!” Ron said excitingly as they Disapparated on the spot, leaving not a trace that they had been in the house at all.
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear