Search:

SIYE Time:8:36 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324641; Chapter Total: 15362





Author's Notes:
NEWLY EDITED!! please review!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter II — The Surprise

When Harry woke up the next morning, he groaned at his aching muscles. He stretched slowly to try to bring the pain down, but he figured after building an entire shed and carrying the pieces of the old one out to the road for so many hours the day before, it was only a matter of time until the pain had caught up with him. He got dressed and went downstairs, hoping that the Dursleys would be kind enough to give him some breakfast today. His stomach grumbled loudly at the thought as he stepped into the kitchen. His uncle was sitting at the table, drinking coffee, and reading the newspaper, while his aunt was making breakfast. Harry took a seat at the table and his uncle looked up.

“Good, you can make the breakfast. Go.”

Harry stood back up and took over the frying of the bacon from his aunt. Within ten minutes, he was sitting at the table eating bacon and eggs. The thought of food in his stomach made him smile as he ate happily.

“Dudders is coming home today, Petunia, we have to make sure to give him a nice welcome home dinner. I’m going to pick up his present on the way to the school. Piers and Gordon are coming over as well.” Uncle Vernon said.

Harry sighed; Dudley’s welcome home party was probably going to be terrible. Not to mention the fact that he was going to have to put up with his dumb friends. Before he could get up to leave, an owl that he had never seen before came into the kitchen and landed on his shoulder. Uncle Vernon yelled and jumped up from his chair.

“What did I tell you about those bloody birds?!”

Harry shrugged. “Sorry.” He noticed that it was an owl from the Daily Prophet and he grinned, he had forgotten that he had renewed his subscription. He took the newspaper from him and reached into his pocket for a copper knut which he placed into his pouch before it flew away.

“What was that you just gave that bird?!” Uncle Vernon demanded.

“Wizarding money.” Harry replied, completely ignoring his uncle as he opened up the newspaper and took a good look at the first page. He hoped that nothing had happened concerning Voldemort and his Death Eaters. The first thing he noticed was a picture of Dumbledore’s funeral. Harry’s heart beat quickly as he looked at the picture of Dumbledore, he felt tears burning at the back of his eyes and he quickly willed them back. He was not going to cry in front of the Dursleys, he wouldn’t give them the pleasure.

“Potter, what is that you’re reading? Well, go on, read it out loud!” Uncle Vernon demanded, obviously thinking it was something that he was keeping from him, like the letters from the ministry two summers before.

Harry nodded at his uncle and began to read out loud:

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE AND HARRY POTTER — HOGWARTS IS ATTACKED!
Written By: Jonathon Dickens

Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Headmaster of
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, died last week. He was murdered, by whom however, is unknown. He was found at the bottom of the Astronomy Tower in the grounds of Hogwarts. For those of you who were lucky enough to attend his funeral on the Hogwarts grounds, you know what a wonderful man he was and how incredible he lived his life.

Dumbledore will be remembered for the many great things that he has done in his long life time. Dumbledore could speak Mermish fluently. He belonged to the
Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation for Wizards; was Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot; he was most famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945 and for the discovery of the 12 uses of dragon blood; he was particularly well skilled in alchemy, Transfiguration, some Legilimency as well as Occulmency; he could do wandless magic and could become invisible on his own accord; he did some work on alchemy with his good friend Nicholas Flamel (the only known maker of the Philosopher’s Stone, which of course was destroyed six years ago by Dumbledore when an eleven-year-old Harry Potter got a hold of it, preventing You-Know-Who from coming back to power). Dumbledore was considered a genius and he lived a very long and prosperous life… but the question that everyone is really wondering… is… who killed Albus Dumbledore?

He was apparently found below the Astronomy Tower after an attack by Death Eaters (You-Know-Who’s followers), who had broken into the school to cause mayhem. Many deaths awaited this attack and of course the death of the headmaster himself. However it is interesting to note that Harry Potter, otherwise known as The Boy Who Lived, was with Dumbledore on some type of top-secret mission that he refuses to acknowledge. What was Potter doing with Dumbledore on the night that he died? When asked to give an interview for the
Daily Prophet after the funeral, Potter is reported to have said “Piss off” and then moving over to go and sit cozily next to fifteen-year-old Ginevra Weasley. Miss Weasley is reported to be Potter’s steady girlfriend at Hogwarts and she gave the Prophet quite a yelling when she heard a reporter ask Potter questions about his whereabouts with Dumbledore on the night in question.

But what happened to Dumbledore? Did Harry Potter cause all of this trouble or is You-Know-Who really plotting something? With Dumbledore gone, who is there left to depend on? The Chosen One — Harry Potter is destined to kill You-Know-Who and it is up to him to bring peace to the world, but will he do it? According to a prophecy made seventeen years ago it is Potter’s destiny to destroy You-Know-Who and only he alone can do it. It is said that You-Know-Who knew about this prophecy and that is the reason that James and Lily Potter were forced into hiding sixteen years ago. Potter turns seventeen on 31st July and he will be of age, but will he be able to save the world from the darkest wizard of all time? That is the question that everyone is wondering.

For more information on Harry Potter and the Chosen One, please see pages 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 15.


Harry groaned out loud, forgetting that the Dursleys were still in the room with him. “Damn it! They are still talking about me. And how the hell did they find out about Ginny?!” He flipped through the paper angrily and began to read the story about who else had died that night at the castle. This one was a detailed attempt given by an Auror about how the Death Eaters appeared in Hogwarts.

“Harry,” Aunt Petunia said softly, making Harry jump.

“Yeah?”

“Is… is Dumbledore really gone?”

Harry nodded, remembering back two summers when his aunt had gotten that letter from Dumbledore. “Yeah, he’s really gone. We had gone somewhere to work… work on something concerning Voldemort and we arrived on top of the Astronomy Tower and he froze me in place. Snape came rushing up and he killed him. I couldn’t move, I was invisible and frozen and I couldn’t move. I watched him die and then he stumbled back and fell off the tower. He’s gone.”

“Rubbish!” Uncle Vernon declared, throwing his napkin down onto his plate. “Knowing you, boy, you probably killed him! Now I don’t want to hear any more of this bloody business!” He got up and left, slamming the front door behind him.

Harry continued to flip through the newspaper, stopping when he saw an article on the death of three families in York. He looked up when his aunt sat down across from him.

“Harry… I need to know… is… are you… do you have to kill You-Know-Who?” Aunt Petunia asked, wringing her hands together nervously.

Harry’s jaw dropped open in shock. Why did she even care? She had never talked to him about anything before; though two summers before had been interesting when his aunt had known about the Dementors and about Azkaban.

He nodded. “Yeah, I do. Dumbledore told me that there was a prophecy made when I was a baby. It stated that a baby would be born at the end of July to parents who had three times defied Voldemort, and that Voldemort would mark him as his equal, which he did. When he killed my mum and dad, he unintentionally gave me some of his powers, along with this scar, and it all comes down to death… I have to kill him or he has to kill me. The prophecy says that neither can survive while the other lives or something like that. Besides, why do you even care?”

Aunt Petunia stared at him for a moment. “Harry, look, I know that I never treated you the way that you were supposed to be treated, but I convinced Vernon to take you in, which he would never have done otherwise, and by doing so I kept you protected for sixteen years. At least I did something. But, Lily was my sister and at one time… I loved her, Harry, we were so close and then… I was jealous because she could do so much and I could do nothing! We drifted apart and we got into lots of arguments and then when she married your father… we got into a huge fight over the magical world. I knew about You-Know-Who and I was worried for her safety as well as my own, but she… well she was determined to stand and fight, and I wouldn’t have it, and I vowed never to speak to her again. When I found you on my doorstep with that note from Dumbledore saying that your parents were dead… I couldn’t bear it, I mean I never had a chance to say that I was sorry and to be nice to you or to even love you … it would be too much… so I chose to ignore it and well… Vernon hardly minded at all. Harry, I’m sorry.”

Harry stared at his aunt absolutely dumbfounded. She was apologizing to him for the way she had treated him all of these years, what was the world coming to? “Alright, I can’t say that I forgive you or anything, but I accept your apology.”

“Harry… um, are you dating that Weasley girl that the paper mentioned?”

Harry nodded, now more confused then ever. “Yeah, I am. Why?”

Aunt Petunia looked nervous for a minute before she spoke. “Watch out for her, Harry. Lily and I may have been fighting, but she warned me that I might be in trouble. She said that the Dark Lord works in ways to hurt his enemy. She said that he always went after those you cared about most first. So… be careful, Harry.”

She stood up to go wash the dishes then, leaving Harry sitting at the table in shock. Then his senses came in… Ginny was in danger! He had to see her, talk to her, and warn her… he had to do something! He grabbed himself another glass of juice and sighed. “Dobby!” He exclaimed loudly as the thought entered his mind. “I can get Dobby to talk to her.”

Just then a loud crack appeared in the kitchen and Aunt Petunia screamed.

“Harry Potter sir has called Dobby. Dobby listens carefully to Harry Potter, ‘cause Dobby is wanting to help the greatest wizard of all time, yes he is!” Dobby said excitingly. His colourful socks didn’t match and Harry noticed that he had a new hat and a vest.

“Thanks Dobby,” Harry said. “I didn’t know that I could summon you like that. I was actually going to summon Kreacher and tell him to ask you to come here, but this works better.”

Dobby shuddered. “Kreacher is a bad house elf, Harry Potter sir, he is not wanting to serve you, oh no. Kreacher is sick sir, so it would not matter. Dobby thinks Kreacher is dying and I is hoping so, sir, he is a bad house elf. But Dobby would be glad to help you, sir!”

Harry grinned. “Don’t worry about it; I’m not exactly a big fan of Kreacher myself. Okay Dobby, this is what I need you to do. I need you to go get Professor Lupin for me. Remus Lupin, remember him, and tell him that I need to talk to him and that I need to talk to Ginny Weasley right away. Can you do that for me?”

Dobby grinned broadly. “Oh yes, sir, Dobby will do it, sir!” And then he was gone.

Aunt Petunia was standing in the doorway in shock. “Lupin?”

Harry turned to his aunt. “You know Lupin?”

She nodded. “Not very well, I just… wasn’t he one of those weird friends that your father hung around with? I thought that he was dead.”

“Yeah, and no he’s not dead, my godfather is dead. Lupin’s the only one I’ve got left.” Then before giving his aunt a chance to answer, Harry went upstairs to his room, hoping that Dobby would do what he asked and do it quickly.

*********

Later on that evening, Harry was cleaning up the kitchen after Dudley’s welcome home party. Dudley was sitting in the living room watching T.V. with his parents as he opened his many presents just for coming home. It didn’t matter that his birthday was in week, he had to get double gifts. The welcome home party had been disgusting in Harry’s opinion. Harry had watched Dudley stuff his face on all of his favourite foods, eating plate after plate. Even his boxing career wasn’t going to keep him from weighing as much as a whale.

Dudley’s weight reminded Harry strongly of a novel that he’d had to read in English class before he had found out about Hogwarts, The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Goldman had invented a character called Fezzik who was a giant, but he still reminded him of Dudley, if you took away the whole soft nature and the being nice part anyway. Harry had been forced to sit at the kitchen table and watch as Dudley ate, he of course hadn’t been given a meal since his display at breakfast time had infuriated Uncle Vernon. It didn’t matter that Uncle Vernon had told Harry to read the newspaper, it only mattered that Harry had spoken of things that weren’t supposed to be mentioned in the house.

Harry sighed when he heard someone come into the kitchen behind him. He turned around and groaned inwardly when he saw that it was Piers, Gordon, and Dudley.

“Well, hey Potter, aren’t you cool, washing the dishes like a pansy!” Gordon said, laughing and pointing at Harry.

Harry rolled his eyes. “Yeah, well someone has to clean the dishes and the dishwasher is full.”

Piers walked over and punched Harry lightly on the shoulder. “So why did you get out of St. Brutus’ so early?”

Harry shrugged. “They said I was normal and they let me go.”

Dudley laughed. “Normal, my ass.”

“What do you guys want? I have a lot of chores to do.”

Gordon grinned. “Hey Big D, can we have a crack at him? We haven’t done so in a while, and I’m really in the mood to hit something.”

Harry looked over at Dudley, wondering how he was going to react. Naturally, Dudley wanted to look cool and superior in front of his friends but at the same time he knew that Harry could do magic soon.

“I don’t know if that’s such a good idea, mate. I mean my parents are just in the other room.”

Gordon sighed, “Yeah, but man it would be sweet!”

Piers nodded. “Hey Dud, how ‘bout we have a go at Potter later. I think we could still take him. Just because he’s taller than you and Gordon now doesn’t mean he stopped being a wimp.”

Dudley laughed. “True. We’ll see though, okay?”

The doorbell rang, bringing Harry out of his sour thoughts and making him slightly grateful to get out of the conversation of beating him up. Harry knew that he could probably hold himself really well in a fight now, but it would still be three to one and only Piers was smaller in build then him. Gordon and Dudley may have been shorter but they were strong and they were mean. Harry heard his uncle get up to answer the door. He continued to wash the dishes by hand, ignoring the snide remarks from Dudley and his gang until he heard his uncle yell his name.

Harry dried his hands off and wandered into the entrance way wondering what he had done wrong now. “What?”

Uncle Vernon’s face was flushed with anger and his moustache was twitching. “Don’t say what!? Who are these freaks! Get them out… I want them out of my house, NOW!” He pointed at the doorway, where Lupin and Ginny were standing.

Harry couldn’t believe that they both had showed up. He didn’t know what he had been expecting, but this wasn’t it. He grinned. “Hey, I didn’t expect… come in!”

“IN!” His uncle exclaimed. “NO, I WANT THEM OUT, AND I WANT THEM OUT NOW! YOU HAVE WORK TO DO! THAT KITCHEN IS NOT CLEAN YET!!! OUT!”

Harry ignored his uncle and gestured for Lupin and Ginny to follow him into the kitchen. Once they were inside, he turned to Ginny and opened his arms, where she ran into them. Lupin looked slightly surprised, but he didn’t say anything.

Harry hugged her tight, not quite believing that she was here. The flowery scent that he always associated with Ginny hit his senses and he leaned down to kiss her softly. He didn’t know how long they kissed like that, but when he pulled back, Lupin was grinning at them, and his aunt, uncle, Dudley, Gordon, and Piers, were standing in the doorway in shock.

“Er,” Harry said. “Thanks for coming. I need to tell you something and I need your help, Professor.”

Lupin smiled. “Harry, I’m not your professor anymore, call me Remus, or Lupin. And what can I help you with?”

Harry took a seat at the table, pulling Ginny down onto his lap, enjoying her touch. She didn’t seem to mind, though she was looking at him with a worried look. He kissed her again, to take the worry from her gaze. She grinned when he pulled away. “Harry, what’s going on?” She asked.

Harry looked over at Piers and Gordon who were giving him jealous glances. “Um, Dud, I think your friends need to leave, this is a private conversation.”

Uncle Vernon nodded. “Piers, Gordon, we need to talk to the boy now. Why don’t you and Dudley go down to the park?”

Dudley nodded and led his friends out of the house. No one spoke until they heard the front door close behind the three of them.

Harry nodded at his uncle. “Well, Aunt Petunia was talking to me this morning… and um, did you guys see the Daily Prophet this morning?”

Ginny nodded darkly. “How dare they even mention you? And I had every right to tell them off!”

Lupin nodded. “Yeah, they seem to be clicking everything to you again. I don’t think they can make up their mind. First you were the Boy Who Lived, the world’s saviour and then you were a lying lunatic and then you were a hero again and now you’re the Chosen One. What about it, Harry, what did your aunt say?”

Uncle Vernon was glaring at his wife, as Aunt Petunia shifted uncomfortably. “I told him what Lily and James told me before they went into hiding. The stuff about You-Know-Who and the way he went after the people his enemies cared about most.”

Lupin looked at Aunt Petunia in surprise. “I’m surprised you remembered.” He turned to Harry. “So now you’re worried about Ginny’s safety.”

Harry nodded. “She’s not of age yet, so she can’t come with Ron, Hermione, and I when we go to look for Voldemort. Her mum would never allow it even if the school does close. I don’t think I’m going back and well, at first I tried to break up with her to protect her, but I realized that its not going to matter so-”

“So he stopped being a prat and he apologized.” Ginny interrupted before turning to Lupin. “Do you think that I’m going to be in danger?”

Lupin nodded. “Most likely, yes, but then again, anyone who is close to Harry will probably be in danger. Harry, I know about the horcruxes, I was one of the few people that Dumbledore told. However, I think that if the Ministry of Magic does allow the school to open, I think that you should go back. Harry, McGonagall and I were talking and we think that you should be trained. Tonks is going to teach you how to disguise yourself since she is the best at it being a metamorphmagus and all. Kingsley is going to teach you Occulmency and Legilimency, as he has become quite a professional at it. It’s important that you know Occulmency, Harry, you have to be able to block your thoughts from Voldemort, and of course read his mind as, well as the minds of other people; it might just save your life. Also, McGonagall is going to teach you how to become an animagus, and I’m going to teach you as many dark spells as I can. By going back to school, McGonagall’s going to be headmistress if the school opens and well… Harry, we can give you, Ron, and Hermione, special permission to leave the school to go do this. But I think it would be better if you were there. Just think about it.”

“You want to prepare me for Voldemort?” Harry asked.

Ginny looked up at him, she could feel his heart beating quickly against her back. “Harry, Lupin’s right, this could be really important. It will be the help you need to survive.”

Lupin nodded at Ginny. “Exactly. Harry, we need you to learn, what do you think?”

Harry looked down at Ginny and nodded. “When do I start? I’ll do anything to protect those I love.” He looked over at the Dursleys then, who were still standing in the doorway. “What about them?”

Lupin laughed. “Well, if Voldemort went after the Dursleys I don’t think he really knows you very well now, does he? But don’t worry, we have Aurors keeping watch. Well, are you ready to go?”

Harry grinned. “I get to leave now! Awesome, I have to go pack.”

Lupin nodded. “Ginny, why don’t you go help him, I need to have a word with Harry’s aunt and uncle before we leave.”

Harry nodded and led Ginny upstairs to his room. “I didn’t expect you to come, I mean I wanted to see you but I guess I thought your mum wouldn’t let you.”

Ginny grinned. “Actually, she doesn’t know. Lupin came to the house and said that Tonks needed my help with some stuff at Grimmauld Place and that she insisted it be me who came, well, Mum trusts them, and I was curious. So we flooed to Grimmauld Place then Lupin told me that Dobby had come to see him and that we were coming here, but he didn’t think that Mum would approve so he had decided it was best not to tell her at all.”

Harry grinned. “Yeah, I’m so glad you’re here.” He pulled her to him and kissed her softly.

The feel of her warm, soft lips under his sent him moaning. Here was everything he had been missing, everything he had wanted. He slipped his fingers into that gorgeous silk hair and brought her closer. Ginny felt his tongue on her lips and opened her mouth to allow it access. He played with her tongue, nibbling on her lips and at the same time sending little spasms through her system.

She still couldn’t believe that this was Harry. This was the boy she had waited for her entire life, the boy, no the man, that she was holding now was more then she ever would have expected. She slid her hands up into his hair and threaded her fingers through the thickness, sighing as his lips left hers only to move down to her neck.

“Harry,” she whispered. “We’re supposed to be packing.”

He moaned and brought his mouth back to hers, lingering only long enough to drive them both insane before he pulled away. “I know. Come on, let’s pack.”

Ginny sat down on his bed and placed a hand over her racing heart as she watched him toss the few things that he had bothered to take out into his trunk. He was so handsome, she thought, grinning at what he would say if she told him that. She could just picture the grimace that would appear on his face. It was his eyes that did her in every time. He had the most amazing eyes that she had ever seen. Every time he looked at her she felt like she could just sink into his eyes and stay there forever; those gorgeous deep emerald green eyes.

“So how’s the wedding coming along?” Harry asked as he searched under the loose floor board for anything he may have left behind. He wanted to make sure he had everything as he would never be coming back to this place again.

Ginny grinned. “Well, I’ve tried to take your letter into account and not kill the bride, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t think Bill would ever forgive me if I killed Fleur. She loves him Harry… I thought, I don’t know, maybe I was prejudiced against her from the start but I thought that once she saw him after the attack she would…”

Harry nodded and sat down on the bed next to her. “I know, I did too. I mean, I like Fleur; she was probably the nicest to me when I was in the tournament especially after I rescued Gabrielle, but I don’t know, I honestly thought the same thing. Fleur just seems to be that type of person, but I guess Bill saw something in her that we didn’t.”

Ginny slipped her arms around Harry and cuddled into his chest. “Harry, wait until you see him. His face is so scarred and… we don’t know what’s going to happen when there’s a full moon, I mean Greyback attacked him when he wasn’t changed, so… ”

“I know. I don’t think you have to worry about it though. I talked to Lupin about it after the funeral and he said that there was no possible way for Bill to become a werewolf because Greyback bit him in human form. As a human, the werewolf doesn’t have the power to change another being into the creature. Bill will be fine. And I remember how bad the scarring was, but he will get that fixed. Lupin said there’s a procedure at St. Mungo’s where you can actually get scars removed. There is a healer who can do it without having to reconstruct the skin beneath. Madam Pomfrey said that she was going to look into it for him. I told him that if he needed money for the procedure I would give it to him.”

Ginny smiled up at Harry, tears in her eyes. “You are the most wonderful man alive.”

Harry blushed. “No, I just… well, I know that it’s probably expensive, and Bill makes enough money, but he has to spend so much on the wedding, and the honeymoon, and a place to live and… well I want to help.”

Ginny smiled. “You’re so amazing, Harry.” She reached up to kiss him softly, running her fingers gently through his hair. She pulled away after a few minutes, just smiling at him.

He hugged her close and kissed the top of her head. “Well, are you ready to go?”

She nodded and kissed him softly. “I’ll take Hedwig’s cage. She’s still at the Burrow.”

“Thanks.”

Ginny went downstairs first, followed by Harry as he carted his trunk. They walked into the kitchen where Lupin was sitting with the Dursleys. “I’m ready.”

Lupin nodded. “Yeah, Harry take a seat, there’s a few more things that we need to discuss first.”

Harry sat down, Ginny curling up onto his lap again. “What’s up?”

Lupin smiled. “God, you look like James, sitting there like that with a pretty redhead in your arms.” He shook his head, as if he was pushing the memories back. “Harry, you know that once you turn seventeen this is not your home anymore, well, actually after we leave tonight you don’t have to come back.”

Harry nodded. “I know.”

Lupin grinned and pointed his wand, muttering a silencing charm around the room before continuing. He ushered for the Dursleys to sit down at the table. They did, Uncle Vernon eyeing the wand carefully. Dudley looked scared but at the same time he kept giving Harry jealous looks and eyeing Ginny with interest. Harry wondered why Dudley was back but he didn’t think much of it, he was more concerned as to what Lupin had to say to him. Aunt Petunia just sat there quietly.

“Well, Harry as you know, when Sirius died he left you everything, his house, his house elf and all of his money. But what Dumbledore didn’t get a chance to tell you was that… well… Harry did you ever wonder where all the money came from? From your parents I mean?”

“Yeah, I wondered, I mean, there’s millions of galleons in there.”

“Yes. Harry, the Potters are an extremely rich and old pureblood family. James was the only child and he inherited everything. What you currently have in your account is nothing compared to what you’re going to receive when you turn seventeen.” Lupin explained.

Harry looked startled. “What there’s more?”

Lupin laughed. “Oh yes, Harry, there’s more. You see, when your parents went into hiding, they chose a cottage owned by the Potters in Godric’s Hollow, but that wasn’t their home. The cottage of course was destroyed, but Potter Manor is still there.”

“Potter Manor?” Harry asked dumbfounded. “I own a manor? As in like a mansion?”

Lupin grinned. “Well, more or less yes. You also own homes in France, Italy, Germany, Russia, California, British Columbia, New York, Ireland, and Scotland. Once you turn seventeen, six million galleons will be deposited into your account annually.”

“Annually?” Harry gasped. “I’m that rich?”

“WHAT?” Uncle Vernon yelled, causing Harry to remember that they were still in the room. “HE HAS MONEY AND AFTER ALL THESE YEARS WE’VE BEEN BLOODY WELL PAYING FOR EVERYTHING! THE FOOD ON THE TABLE AND CLOTHES ON HIS BACK! BOY YOU OWE US! AND YOU OWE US A HELL OF A LOT!!”

Lupin glared at Uncle Vernon. “The money belongs to Harry and besides its wizarding money; it doesn’t work in your world.” He said, conveniently leaving out that it could of course be changed to the proper currency like other foreign currencies. “Harry, you will get everything. Sirius left you tons of money as well, though I know that you donated most of it to the Order. Dumbledore didn’t leave you money, but he did leave you many books to help you with your journey, and he left you his pensive.”

Harry simply nodded. He didn’t know what to say, how exactly did one react when you found out that you had more money then you could ever spend in your life. “Potter Manor? Does… is it still there?”

“Yes. Potter Manor is in Scotland and its run by one extremely old house elf named Maddy. She probably will only last a couple more years, though I did tell Dobby that I think you would like having him work for you there. So Dobby and Winky went to the manor to help out. By the way, Kreacher died this afternoon. The house elves at Hogwarts will take care of everything, but I figured you might be interested. I know that you didn’t exactly like him because of what happened with Sirius, but I thought you might like to know that he is no longer your concern.” Lupin explained.

Harry nodded. “Okay… I just… wow. And I don’t care much about Kreacher.”

“I figured you wouldn’t, that elf was a disgrace and it is because of him that you went running off to find Sirius. I just thought I would inform you. Are you ready to go now, Harry? We’re going to Arabella’s house first.”

“Yeah, let’s go.” He stood up and looked over at the Dursleys. “Er, well, I guess this is goodbye for good then. See you.”

Nobody spoke and Lupin shrugged, leading Ginny and Harry out of the house, just then they heard someone call Harry’s name.

“Harry!” Aunt Petunia called out, running out the front door. When Harry turned to look at her she gulped as if what she was about to say was hard. “Take care of yourself and … maybe write sometime.” Then she walked back into the house and closed the door without saying another word.

Harry turned back to Lupin and Ginny, “Well, I guess we’re ready to go now.” And without another word, they walked to Mrs. Figg’s house and into her fire.
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear