Search:

SIYE Time:6:52 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324639; Chapter Total: 10702





Author's Notes:
A/N: So after the last chapter I wanted something fun to add and I am currently listening to a Brad Paisley CD. So one of my favourite songs is Celebrity so I thought that I might just throw it in there and see what happened - it actually worked out or at least I thought it did. I hope you guys like my fun and crazy chapter here. Also I do not claim the lyrics to this song – Brad Paisley rocks!! Enjoy and please review NEWLY EDITED




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter XXIV - Fame Phobia

Harry woke up the next morning in the hospital wing to find Ginny slumped in the chair next to him, her chin resting against her chest as she slept peacefully. He grinned and reached over for his glasses, putting them on so that he could see more than blurs of colour. He sat up and grinned when he felt no pain. He loved wizard medicine. He looked down at his arm and hand, pleased to see that other than a few small scars, his arm was back to normal. Ron grinned at him from the bed next to him.

“Looks like we’re sharing a room again?”

Harry laughed. “Yeah, looks like. How are you feeling?”

Ron shrugged. “I’m alright. Still a little stiff, but other than that I’m good. Hermione told me what happened last night in McGonagall’s office, sounds like some pretty wicked magic to me.”

“It was.” Ginny said as she stood up to stretch, obviously waking up from the light conversation, before sitting on Harry’s bed to run her fingers gently through his hair. “It was incredible. How are you feeling, love?”

Harry smiled at her and reached up to kiss her softly. “I’m good; did you stay here all night?”

Ginny nodded. “Yeah, McGonagall said I could.” She kissed him again before she smiled over at Ron. “You should have seen the power coming from him last night, it was amazing.”

Ron grinned. “I know he’s powerful … damn, wish I hadn’t been unconsciousness.”

Ginny laughed and walked over to hug her brother. “Too bad. I’ll go get Madam Pomfrey and tell her that you two have woken up.”

Harry watched her leave and grinned. “Well, that was some tunnel, eh?”

Ron nodded. “Yeah … it was good, I’m glad you’ve got another one gone.”

“Me too. Come on; let’s get checked over so we can get the hell out of here.”

Ron grinned. “Amen!”

******

Within a couple days, Ron and Harry were both completely healed and the school was buzzing with news about Harry. The Daily Prophet had named him the Bravest and Sexiest Wizard since Gilderoy Lockhart. Ron had thought this was hilarious and just about split his gut laughing. Harry on the other hand had hardly found it amusing. Witch Weekly had re-printed pictures of him as the Sexiest Teen Wizard Alive, and suddenly as the Christmas season buzzed around them, Harry was a teen idol. Girls followed him everywhere, wanting his autograph, a kiss, a hug, to just talk to him. After one week of this, Harry was ready to kill somebody.

He didn’t even know why he had been in the paper. No one but who had been involved in destroying the horcrux knew about it, so he wasn’t sure what he had supposedly done this time, until after a week later when he saw the paper that somewhat explained.

HARRY POTTER FINALLY MAKES PEACE WITH THE MINISTRY?
Written By: Doris Calvin

Harry James Potter, age 17, has refused to be a spokesperson for the Ministry of Magic and their ideas on how to properly care for the magical community. He has been asked many times to help the ministry and he has refused consistently. Potter is known for his defeat of He Who Must Not Be Named as a child, but now that He Who Must Not Be Named has returned, a prophecy declares that Potter is the Chosen One – it is up to him to fully defeat the Dark Lord.

Potter has been made the Sexiest Teen Wizard Alive, and now, on a daily pole of who is the bravest and sexiest wizard for the first time in five years, Lockhart is removed to be replaced by the young Potter. Girls are flocking towards Potter after receiving such a wonderful title. For pictures of the new Sexiest Wizard please turn to pages 5, 6, 7, and 8.


Ginny giggled as she read the article that Harry was holding. “You’re a celebrity.”

“This is bloody ridiculous! Sexiest wizard my ass … this is going too far.” Harry mumbled as he closed the paper and tossed it on the table. “I don’t even have any bloody talent!”

Ginny was humming a song under her breath as she laughed, and Harry looked at her. “What are you singing?”

Ginny smiled. “This girl in my Ancient Runes class has got me addicted to country music, and there’s just this song by Brad Paisley and it … well it reminds me of you right now.”

Harry snorted. “Really, and why is that?”

Ginny laughed as she pulled him outside. “Well, you’d have to hear it, and I don’t have the music.”

Harry grinned now, pulling her close for a kiss. “You can always sing it to me.”

“I don’t think so.” She reached up to kiss him softly and then she pulled out a disc man. “Okay, I lied, I do have the music. This girl, her name is Erin, she’s a Ravenclaw and she figured out that muggle electricity might not work around magic, but things with batteries do. She gave me a copy of the CD since I loved it so much. Want to listen?”

Harry grinned. “Sure, but only if you sing along?”

Ginny laughed, “Maybe.”

******

After the interesting morning listening to country music with Ginny, Harry had the Brad Paisley song in his head all day and was surprised to find that it may have nothing at all to do with him, but it made him laugh. He sighed as a bunch of “fan girls”, as he had got into the habit of calling them, giggled and rushed towards him.

It was worse then in his sixth year when he had been swamped by girls wanting to go out with him, twenty-four hours a day. He remembered Romilda Vane and the love potion that she had put in those chocolates. As soon as girls started following him again, Hermione warned him to be careful about what he took from his "fans". The worst was that Ron found the whole thing hilarious and he was constantly teasing Harry about becoming known as the Sexiest wizard since Lockhart. Both of them had remembered the conceited Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher from their second year who had been more concerned about being famous then helping to rescue Ginny. Harry knew that Ron was just teasing him, but the thing that really made Harry laugh was the package that he had received from Fred and George the following morning.

Fred and George had sent Harry a package full of pictures and pins and t-shirts and all sorts of souvenirs of himself, with a contract inside asking if their favourite financial backer would allow for them to sell Harry Potter stuff. He even found a complete bed set and sheets with his face on it. This had really set Ron off, who had been laughing so hard that he shot pumpkin juice from his nose. Ginny had laughed as well and told Harry that Fred and George were just using his new celebrity status for business. Harry had wrote them back and said that under no circumstances was anything with his face on it to be sold. Ginny had taken all of the souvenirs and hid them in her trunk so that Fred and George wouldn't get them back and so that none of Harry's now obsessive fans would get a hold of them.

Harry was so angry that girls were following him around all the time that he stormed into the hallway after Transfiguration absolutely furious. Two girls were giggling at him and asking for his autograph and he swore so viciously that McGonagall was appalled. He had lost thirty points and was given a week's worth of detention. The Slytherins found his new fame to be amusing as well. Ever since Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle had taken off to be Death Eaters, Blaise Zabini and his friends had taken over what Harry thought of as Potter baiting. They had found it hilarious that Harry was in detention.

"Hey, Potter, just because you're a celebrity doesn't mean you can get away with that ugly mouth of yours."

Harry ignored them or at least he tried too. Ginny was constantly singing the Brad Paisley song because it made him laugh. He grinned at her as she slipped her arms around his waist as the first couple verses to the song rushed into his mind, making him think of Ginny and her odd ways of cheering him up:

Someday I’m gonna be famous
Do I have talent? Well, no
These days you don’t really need it
Thanks to reality shows
Can’t wait to date a supermodel
Can’t wait to sue my dad
Can’t wait to wreck a Ferrari
On my way to rehab

‘Cause when you’re a celebrity
It’s adios reality
You can act just like a fool
People think you’re cool
Just ‘cause you’re on T.V.
I can throw a major fit
When my latte isn’t just how I like it
When they say I’ve gone insane
I’ll blame it on the fame
And the pressure that goes with
Being a celebrity


Harry hummed the tune in his head as he signed a couple of autographs, his face burning as he tried to hurry away from them. With Ginny by his side he found he was happier, but he still hated all the unwanted attention. Ginny teased him and told him he had fame phobia. Harry hadn't found it amusing. He personally found it embarrassing and rather annoying to be famous, especially for something that he had no control over. He remembered watching T.V. at the Dursleys and how celebrities in the muggle world were always being mobbed and attacked. He hoped that it never came to that for him. He pulled Ginny into his arms for a long kiss as she sighed. The girls all pouted and Harry grinned, trying to keep them as far away as possible as Ginny began to softly sing the words in his ear making him laugh and once again taking his mind off of the girls around him, and instead bringing his attention to the corny song that he found he was beginning to love.

I’ll get to cry to Barbara Walters
When things don’t go my way
And I’ll get community service
No matter which law that I break
I’ll make the supermarket tabloids
They’ll write some awful stuff
But the more they run my name down
The more my price goes up

‘Cause when you’re a celebrity
It’s adios reality
No matter what you do
People think you’re cool
Just ‘cause you’re on T.V.
I can fall in and out of love
Have marriages that barely last a month
When they go down the drain
I’ll blame it on the fame
And say it’s just so tough
Being a celebrity


Harry grinned as he listened to her soft voice in his ear. She was making fun of him with the American muggle song, and he knew it. But it was cheering him up, after all it was true, he didn’t want to be famous. But he was and at least he wasn’t conceited famous like Gilderoy Lockhart had been. He sat down in Potions and grinned when Ginny passed him a piece of parchment with the song lyrics. Harry snorted as he read them … yeah, Ginny definitely knew how to cheer him up.

So let’s hitch up the wagons and head out west
To the land of the fun and the sun
We’ll be real world bachelor jackass millionaires
Hey, hey Hollywood, here we come

‘Cause when you’re a celebrity
It’s adios reality
No matter what you do
People think you’re cool
Just ‘cause you’re on T.V.
Being a celebrity
Yeah celebrity


Hermione leaned over him to look at the parchment and she gave him an odd look as she read the words. “Harry, what is that?”

Harry grinned. “An inside joke, and Gin’s way of making fun of me.”

Hermione smiled at him. “Well, if it makes you smile, Harry, and besides, like everything else that happens to you, this will all die down eventually.”

Harry grinned. “I hope so; I don’t want to be no damn sexiest wizard.”

Hermione laughed. “Sorry, Harry, but that might stick with you forever.”

Ginny kissed his cheek, leaning up to whisper in his ear. “Sexiest wizard alive, Harry, get it right. There's nothing you can do, just remember: You can act just like a fool, and people think you’re cool because you’re a celebrity.”

Harry laughed and kissed her softly. “What would I do without you?”

Ginny smiled. “Go crazy.” Then she turned and began to pull out her supplies. Harry grinned, yeah, everything would work out, and he knew it, because as long as he had Ginny, he was happy.

Even if he was bombarded by fans.
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear