Search:

SIYE Time:13:43 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324703; Chapter Total: 11764





Author's Notes:
A/N: I hope you guys enjoy this one – I don’t know when I'll get chapter 26 written and posted since school starts up again! University is dead awful for homework. But I will try to get it up soon. So I hope you enjoy this story. Please review. NEWLY EDITED




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter XXV – A Christmas to Remember

Hermione was right, as usual, within a week, or two the fame that Harry had received suddenly did die down, but it didn’t stop. Girls were still hanging around him all the time, and asking for autographs or flirting with him. Ginny would give them weird looks and they would usually back off. Harry thought she was hilarious, acting all protective of him, and he didn’t mind one bit … anything to keep the crazy fans away from him worked just fine. Harry was counting down the days to Christmas.

His hopes crashed when Ron got a letter in the mail from Mrs. Weasley saying that due to circumstances and the danger going on around the community, that she wanted Ron, Ginny, and Harry to say at Hogwarts over Christmas. Hermione was supposed to be going on holiday with her parents, but decided to stay at Hogwarts when she heard the news, to keep the three of them company. By the time the holidays hit, Harry realized that obviously many families had the same idea as the Weasleys because the school was almost as crowded as usual.

This didn’t cheer him up in the least as he now still had fans to worry about; among other things that he planned on. Though he did have the entire dormitory to himself, which was a surprise as Neville, Dean, and Seamus had all went home for Christmas. He found the quiet to be quite comforting.

They did have fun, though. They spent their days playing chess and exploding snap as well as out in the snow. Harry grinned over at Ginny from his seat near the fire as he watched her play chess with Ron. It was Christmas Eve and he had plans … big plans that he desperately hoped wouldn’t blow up in his face. He watched as she chewed on her bottom lip, contemplating her next move. It drove him crazy when she did that. She was losing, no surprise there as she was playing Ron, but she seemed to determined to at least try.

“Ginny, will you just make a move already!” Ron demanded.

Ginny sighed. “Maybe I actually want a chance to win.”

Harry grinned. “Won’t happen, love, you’re playing Ron, remember.” He watched her look of disgust as Ron removed her last chess piece from the board. “Want to go for a walk outside, Gin, get some fresh air?”

Ginny stood up, smiling at Harry as she placed a sleeping Duvessa down on the couch. “Sure, just let me get my cloak.”

Soon the two of them were outside walking the grounds as the snow fell lightly. It was beautiful outside. Harry had always loved the Hogwarts grounds when it snowed. The white shown brightly as the sun reflected off the surface and he sighed, it was perfect. Then he felt a cold chill as a ball of that perfect whiteness smacked him up side the head. He turned to look at Ginny who held a snow ball in her hand, laughing.

“Nice Gin, I’ll get you, just wait.” He crouched down to make a snowball as well and he was hit again, this time in the back.

Harry laughed as he whipped a snowball at her, and soon the two of them were involved in a full-blown snowball fight. He chased her around the grounds, laughing as she ran from him, until he finally caught her, pulling her to the ground and into the snow beneath a large tree in the far corner of the grounds. She lay beneath him, breathing heavy, and laughter still in her eyes. Harry leaned down and kissed her lips; savouring the taste of her, and the feel of her warm body beneath him.

The kiss was soft and sweet and a reminder to both of them as to what they had shared at Potter Manor. His tongue slipped between her lips, licking gently before he softly stroked her mouth with it. Ginny moaned and wrapped her arms around his neck, craving his touch, and then just as she was melting beneath him, he pulled back.

Her eyes were clouded with happiness as Harry grabbed the handful of snow and brushed it right across her face, making her squeal. “Told you I’d get you.”

He jumped up as she tossed snow at him, laughing. “Harry!”

He grinned and pulled her close, performing a warming charm on them. “I know … but I’m not sorry.” He kissed her softly, pinning her back against the tree as he did, his hands in her hair. He wasn’t sure how long they stood there kissing but when he pulled back his knees were weak and his heart was pounding in his chest. He looked into her dark brown eyes and sighed. “I love you.” He brought her hands to his lips and kissed them gently. He was going to do it, he realized, if he didn’t … no, he was going to! He was brave enough to fight dragons, slay basilisks, and duel with Death Eaters, so he would damn well be brave enough to do this. He kissed her softly again.

“Harry,” she murmured against his lips as he pulled away again.

Harry smiled. “I need you, Gin, always.”

Ginny smiled at him. “I need you too, I love you, Harry.” She murmured as she ran her fingers through that thick gorgeous hair of his.

He grinned, his confidence soaring. “Look, I know that this may not be the best place or the best moment, but with me we never really get those anyway. I love you. I feel like I’ve loved you my entire life and maybe I have, who knows? I remember when I thought of you as Ron’s little sister, you were still important to me. I always had this urge to want to protect you from everything; I suppose I probably just looked at it the wrong way, only thinking that they were brotherly feelings. When I realized how much that I liked you and how much that I wanted you, I was scared. I’ve never felt that way in my life. It was like a constant ache, a need in my heart for love. To love and to be loved by you, and only you.”

“Harry,” she whispered, kissing his lips softly. “I love you more than anything, and I will always be here for you.”

He nodded. “I know and it makes me feel … wonderful inside.” He reached into his pocket and felt the velvet box that he had been carrying around for weeks now. He pulled it out and kept it locked tightly in his hand. He was nervous now and his palms were sweating. “You always know just when to cheer me up, how to make me laugh when I’m down, and exactly when I want to be alone. You take care of me in a way that I didn’t know I needed, or wanted to be taken care of, and I’ve realized that I need you, Gin, always.” He kissed her lips softly, just a gentle brush. “I’ve always wanted a family with people who loved me. I know that your family does, but it’s not the same as having your own. I love you, Ginny,” He opened the box, revealing to her the white gold diamond and emerald engagement ring that had belonged to his mother. “Ginny, I love you, will you marry me? Be a family with me? I know it’s kind of sudden, and that we’re both really young but I —”

“Hush!” Ginny said, placing a finger on his lips as she stared down at the beautiful ring. “Harry, I love you. And I don’t think we’re too young at all. I’d love to marry you and be a family with you.”

Harry grinned. “Really?”

Ginny nodded, smiling at the utter happiness that was glowing in his eyes as he slipped the beautiful ring onto her finger, pleased when it fit perfectly. He had been worried because Ginny had such small hands. “Yeah really. Oh, Harry, this ring is so beautiful.” She kissed him softly as she admired the ring on her finger, giddy with the happiness that was just waiting to erupt from her heart. "I love you." She kissed him softly with such sweetness that Harry felt his heart soar.

“It was my mother’s engagement ring. I thought maybe you would like it.”

Ginny grinned. “I love it!” She threw her arms around him, giggling as Harry spun her in a circle. “Harry, we’re getting married!”

“Yeah!” Harry said, grinning back. “I love you.”

Ginny kept her arms entwined around his neck. “I love you.”

They walked back to the castle, hand in hand and dripping wet from the snow. Filch gave them a disapproving look but since they weren’t making a mess on the floor, there was nothing he could do about it. Ginny pulled Harry up into the corridor with the Room of Requirement, kissing him softly. “Harry, make love to me.”

Harry smiled and nodded. They walked past the room a couple of times and when a door appeared there they were pleased to see a large feather bed filled with gorgeous silk blankets and pillows. Harry closed the door behind them, locking it magically and then levitating a chest in front of the door before he turned to Ginny. She looked beautiful. Her cheeks were flushed from the cold and she was smiling at him.

He walked towards her, lifting her into his arms and carrying her towards the bed, lying her down carefully as he just looked at her. Her eyes were glowing with pleasure and with happiness and he grinned, bringing his lips down to hers. The kiss was long and sweet and as they slowly began to undress each other, Harry’s mouth and hands moved down her body to touch and taste each section of newly exposed skin. Ginny bit her lip to keep herself from moaning, causing Harry to groan and crush his mouth down to hers. Soon they were stroking each other, touching and tasting and basking in their new found love and future. As Harry took her up, she called out his name as they fell together, lost in each other’s embrace.

********

Harry lay on his back; Ginny snuggled up against him as they cuddled beneath the warm silk blankets on the bed. Her head was resting on his chest, and she was admiring the ring on her hand. Harry ran his fingers through her hair.

“You like it then? You’ve been staring at it from every possible angle for at least five minutes.”

Ginny laughed and kissed his chest, pleased with the bit of dark hair that started in a thin line around his bellybutton and continued downwards. “I love it, and I love you.”

Harry smiled and rolled her over to kiss her softly. “Will you stay with me tonight?”

“Stay with you? Harry, we’re at school.” Ginny said.

Harry nodded. “I know, but I’ve got the whole dorm to myself. Neville, Dean, and Seamus all went home for Christmas.” He brought her fingers to his lips. “Stay with me.”

Ginny smiled, her eyes darkening in pleasure as he ran his hand down her cheek and down the column of her throat. “Okay.”

Harry grinned. “Good. We should head back; it’s probably time for the feast soon.”

Ginny nodded as she rained kisses over his shoulders. “Alright, later.”

Harry held her close to him as they kissed and nodded as she began to kiss his ear. “Yeah, much later.”

************

Ginny kept the ring hidden on her finger during dinner and waited patiently while everyone in the common room got ready for Christmas Eve. She stayed cuddled on Harry’s lap most of the evening, waiting for the time when she could go up to bed with him and stay the whole night. The thought thrilled her that she might get to spend an entire night asleep with Harry by her side. She grinned at the thought as she interrupted the conversation that he was having with Ron to nibble at his lips. He hardly seemed to mind at all as he kissed her back.

Finally around midnight, the common room was empty except for the four of them. Hermione spoke first. “Okay, you two have kept us in suspense long enough. Everyone is gone, what do you have to tell us?”

Ron looked confused. “Keeping us in suspense?” He asked. “I haven’t noticed anything.”

Hermione glared at Ron. “Big surprise there; come on what’s the secret?”

Ginny jumped up and hurried over to Hermione with her hand out. “Harry and I are engaged.”

Hermione’s mouth dropped open as she stared down at the beautiful ring that had belonged to Harry’s mother. She looked at Harry and she saw the same raw happiness in his eyes that stemmed from Ginny's and she grinned. “Oh! I’m so happy for you two. Are you sure that this is what you want?”

Harry nodded. “I’ve never wanted anything more.” Ron just sat there, looking dumbfounded. Harry eyed him nervously for a moment, “Ron, are you okay with this?”

Ron looked over at Harry and nodded. “Harry, I know that you told me that you were thinking about it, but I don’t know… wow, you’re actually going to be my brother-in-law!”

Harry grinned at Ron. “Yeah, looks like I am.”

Hermione smiled. “It’s just that you guys are still so young.”

“Hermione, we’re not getting married today. We’re going to wait at least until Ginny is seventeen. We’re only engaged.” Harry replied.

“I know. Oh my, I can’t believe you two are getting married!”

Ron grinned. “Wait until Mum and Dad find out. Mum wrote me today, we’re going to the Burrow on New Year’s Eve, but we have to come back to school after.”

“Oh wonderful! I can’t wait to tell them!” Ginny exclaimed.

Harry smiled. “Yeah, I hope they’re okay with it.”

Ron shrugged. “They should be … well, at least Dad should be.”

Harry nodded. “That’s what I was afraid of.”

Ginny giggled and began to tell Hermione all about the proposal. Finally, after hours of chatting, Ron and Hermione went to bed and Harry led Ginny upstairs to his room. He led her over to his bed, kissing her softly as they sat down on the four poster.

“I love you,” he whispered as he slowly began to undress her, kissing her slowly and deeply.

Ginny nodded. “I love you.” She undressed him as well and soon they were under the blankets, back in each other’s arms, hearts beating together as they soared towards becoming one.

*****************

Harry woke up the next morning with Ginny wrapped tightly around him and he grinned. She was snuggled against him, her head resting on his chest and she was sleeping soundly. He kissed her softly, pulling her out of the sweet dream world. She moaned and opened her eyes, smiling when she saw Harry.

“Good morning, love.”

Ginny smiled and reached over to get his glasses for him. “Good morning. What time is it?”

“Around five a.m., I figured that you might want to get dressed and sneak into you’re dorm before Lavender or Parvati knows you’re missing.” Harry whispered.

Ginny nodded. “Yeah, I do.” She kissed his lips softly before she climbed out of bed.

Harry watched her scramble around the room for her clothes and he grinned. She was so beautiful. Her body was warm and pink from sleep and her hair cascaded down her back in messy curls. He watched her get dressed and then lean down to kiss him goodbye. “See you later. I love you.”

Harry grinned. “Love you too.” He watched her leave the room and he grinned; so far this Christmas was becoming the best one yet.

***************

Harry woke up a couple of hours later to lips on his temple. When he opened his eyes, he grinned up at Ginny. “Hey, what are you doing here?”

Ginny smiled. “Waking you up, come on get up its Christmas morning, and just look at that pile of gifts at the end of you’re bed.”

Harry grinned and kissed her softly, putting his glasses on and looking up in shock at the gifts piled at the end of his bed. He had never seen so many gifts for one person in his life; and that was saying something since he had lived with Dudley Dursley most of his life. “Wow, who are all these from?”

Ginny giggled. “Your fans. Hurry up and put some pants on, Ron and Hermione are bringing their gifts up here so that we can open them all together. I already shoved mine on Neville’s bed.”

Harry nodded and stood up, yanking on some jeans before sitting back on the bed and wrapping his arms around Ginny, holding her tightly. “Why would fans send me Christmas gifts?”

Ginny smiled. “Because, they love you.”

Harry groaned and buried his face in her shoulder. Ginny laughed as Ron and Hermione came in; soon the room was filled with the sounds of ripping paper.

Harry opened gifts from the people he knew first, deciding that the other ones could wait. From Ron he got his own package of exploding snap; Hermione bought him all of his favourite sweets and an agenda very similar to the Homework Planner that she had bought both Harry and Ron a few years before; Hagrid also gave him sweets. The Weasleys gave him the usual jumper and the homemade sweets and cakes from home; from Lupin he got some books on controlling magic and how to do Legilimency as he was going to start learning that in January. Tonks bought him some muggle clothes, making Harry laugh as with every shirt or sweater she added a note saying why he would attract fans in that particular colour. From Ginny he got a watch and it was beautiful. It was sterling silver and magical. The watch had the time of every country in the world and had twelve hands; it was also waterproof and spell proof.

“Wow, Gin, this is great, thanks.” She was still sitting next to him so he kissed her softly. “I love it.”

Ginny smiled. “I hoped you’d like it. I know you’ve needed a watch for a while. That cheap one you bought to replace the one you broke in the tournament is not worth owning. It doesn’t even work half the time.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, that’s true. I love it.” He kissed her again and then watched as she began to open the gift from him. He had bought her a bunch of things, but he figured she wouldn’t care. Harry loved to see her smile, even if she always told him that she didn’t need any gifts. That’s why he bought them though, because she didn’t ask for anything.

Ginny opened the box and pulled out a gorgeous lavender cashmere sweater that left her shoulders bare. She remembered seeing it in Diagon Alley and lusting after it. She turned to Harry, a smile on her face, he remembered and he had bought it for her. “Harry, you remembered, I love it, thank you.” She took his face in her hands and kissed him softly.

Harry grinned. “Happy Christmas, Gin, go on there’s more.”

“More?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah more; go on.”

Ginny smiled at him as she dug through the box, gasping when she pulled out a white gold bracelet with colourful topaz stones on it. “Oh Harry, it’s beautiful.”

Harry grinned. “I know,” He kissed her softly, licking her bottom lip. “Beautiful.” He took the bracelet from her and snapped it on her wrist as Ginny admired it.

“Thank you.”

He grinned. “I love you, now keep going.”

“Harry, you’ve already bought me more than enough!” Ginny exclaimed even as she continued to search through the tissue pulling out a beautiful wooden picture frame. She glanced at him as she turned the frame over and sighed over the picture of them taken at Bill and Fleur’s wedding. “Oh, it’s perfect.” She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

Ron laughed from the other side of the room. “Looks like Gin had the same reaction as Hermione. She loves her picture too.”

Harry grinned as Ginny pulled back. “Yeah, happy Christmas.”

Hermione and Ron hurried over to sit on Harry’s bed. “Well?” Hermione asked. “Are you going to open all of these other gifts?”

Harry shrugged. “Yeah, you guys each grab one.”

They began to open the gifts and Harry stared at the first one which was t-shirt with his face on it that read ‘I love Harry!’ There was a note at the bottom and he pulled it out. Fred and George were at it again.

Within ten minutes, Harry’s gifts were all open. He had gotten everything from love letters, to pictures of the girls, to gift certificates to Quidditch stores and restaurants, to rude propositions. Ginny found the whole thing to be hilarious. As Ron and Hermione left the room to bring their gifts down, Ginny turned to Harry to give him a sweet kiss. “Remember: ‘Cause when you’re a celebrity, it’s adios reality, you can act just like a fool, people think you’re cool, just ‘cause you’re on T.V. Witches aren’t any different, Harry, and you are one very handsome celebrity.”

Harry laughed and pulled her close for a kiss. “Yeah, adios reality is right.”

Ginny grinned. “I love you. Hurry up and get dressed so we can go down for breakfast.”

Harry nodded. “Sure.” He glanced around at the gifts and decided on the spot that he was giving everything to charity.

He watched her go down the stairs with her gifts and he grinned; so he was famous as long as he had Ginny he figured he could live through anything with a love as strong as hers. He sighed … maybe even the final battle. After all love was his gift, but would the love between the two of them be strong enough ... he sighed, he sure hoped so.

Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear