Search:

SIYE Time:19:29 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324663; Chapter Total: 10213





Author's Notes:
A/N: Hey, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter - its some random nonsense that I wanted to get together – PS: I really do have a problem with Dean, so sorry if he seems harsh! Please review! newly edited




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter XXVIII - Happy Endings

Harry’s lessons with Kingsley had become more and more intense over the weeks, and as January slid into February, Harry finally managed to get a hold on the basics of Legilimency. He could now tell when he was being lied too, and could come to grips with a basic notion of what the person in front of him was feeling. Kingsley told him that this was great and that there was nothing else that could be done when it came to learning except to practice. So by the second week of February, Harry found that he had no more lessons except for the basic work out with Kingsley on Friday mornings.

As Valentine’s Day rolled around, Harry realized that he had to give Ginny some type of gift. After much debate, he decided to give her a photo album of pictures of their life together, something that she could add to as much as possible. Ginny had been thrilled with the gift and told him that she planned to put every newspaper clipping of Harry into a scrapbook as well so that their children could see everything people wrote about him. She told him she had started it a long time ago and he had laughed before kissing her and telling her how much he loved her. It was her craziness that kept him going.

Ginny had also seemed to be working even harder in her lessons with Madam Pomfrey. She wouldn't tell Harry what she was working on, but she seemed to be focused on learning something new. He figured it was about healing and he probably wouldn't understand the concept anyway. She would just laugh when he asked and silence him with long passionate kisses until the thought vanished completely from his mind.

The Quidditch season had been picking up and Gryffindor was currently in the lead. Slytherin was struggling with their team, which was almost completely new, but they had managed to make it up into second place. Harry was making the team practice as much as possible so that they could have a chance at the cup for the end of the year. Between practices and the much increase in homework assigned by the teachers, Harry almost felt as crammed as he had before. He didn’t mind though, because with the time left over he got to think about the final battle.

He was prepared to fight, and the thought made him smile. He was still scared and more than a little nervous but this time he was prepared. All of these lessons he had were to help him to become powerful, to increase his talent, he knew that they were his survival tactics. Voldemort’s only weakness may be love, but the problem was that Harry had to get through the Death Eaters alive first. He sighed; he could handle it, he was sure that he could. The problem was the lingering question that had been on his mind since the attack at the Gaunt Shack, how did Voldemort know that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were there?

He had discussed it of course with Dumbledore, who had told him that he didn’t know, but he assumed it would only be a matter of time until he had. Now as he sat upstairs in McGonagall’s office waiting for Snape to arrive, he wondered if Voldemort was trying to collect all of his horcruxes since now that he knew Harry knew about them. He really hoped that Voldemort was worried. His thoughts were interrupted by Snape coming out of the fireplace. Harry was the only one in the office, as McGonagall had a class.

Snape nodded at him. “Potter. I was told I am telling you all of the secrets now.”

Harry nodded. “Yes, I am after all, the one who needs to know. What’s going on with Voldemort?”

Snape sneered at him and Harry realized that even after everything Snape had proved to him, gone to the trouble to try to protect him, and had told him things to help him, he still hated him. Harry sighed, you really couldn’t win.

“He is still working on his plan, now he is positive that he is going to use Ginny Weasley since you are engaged. Of course, it won’t be anytime soon. But I now understand what the potion entails. He will be immortal, therefore with everything that he has already done to keep himself alive it will make him utterly unable to kill. This is why we can’t allow him to get the potion done. Also, I have heard that you and you’re friends ran into some trouble a few weeks ago.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, we were looking for something and just as we were about to leave, Draco Malfoy and a bunch of Death Eaters attacked us. He said something about Voldemort not wanting his treasures to be taken. But the part that I want to know is how Voldemort found out we were there.”

“Here’s the interesting part, the Dark Lord did not send them there. They just happened to stumble upon you after causing mayhem in the nearby village. They were curious about the land of Slytherin and they told the Dark Lord about what you had taken. I’ve never seen him so angry; he killed two of them and used the Cruciatus on the rest. So Potter, want to explain to me what you were doing with a Ravenclaw eagle that obviously was extremely important to the Dark Lord?” Snape asked.

Harry shook his head. “None of your business. I’d rather not take the chance that you might slip up and Voldemort will discover what I am doing. So, he didn’t know I was there?”

Snape nodded. “No, but he is angry now.”

“Alright.”

Dumbledore spoke from the back wall. “Severus, did Voldemort say anything about the eagle?”

“Not really, he did say that the Death Eaters involved were careless idiots for letting something that important get away. He also wants them to find it.”

“Interesting.” Dumbledore said. “Very interesting.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I’d say so. Is there anything else?”

“No, that’s it.”

Harry nodded and watched Snape step back into the fireplace and disappear. This was the fourth visit that he had received from him since the first and he didn’t seem to be very helpful. “Sir, you still have all the objects that the horcruxes were in, right?”

Dumbledore smiled. “I do, Harry; they are locked in that trunk, including the diary.”

“Good, because when I face him, I want them with me.”

Dumbledore’s smile widened. “Excellent Harry, now you’re beginning to think about the final battle. Your lessons have finished now, have they not?”

“Yes sir, I’ve learnt everything.”

“Good, and your love is strong, and you are loved, therefore you are all set for the battle. Power is what you need to get there, Harry, but love is what you need in the end.”

Harry nodded. “There is no good and evil, only power, and those too weak to seek it. Voldemort told me that once, in my first year, when I was going after the stone, he said that to me. I don’t know why it just came to my mind.”

Dumbledore smiled. “I’m not sure, Harry, but that’s wrong. Power is an important thing, but it is not the only thing. Voldemort doesn’t understand the idea of right or the idea of wrong. He only understands what he wants to understand, and that’s power. But what he doesn’t realize is that power comes in many different forms. That Harry is where you will succeed and he will fail. Now why don’t you head down to dinner, I know that you probably have some work to do.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, goodnight, sir.”

“Goodnight Harry.”

Harry left the office his head filled with thoughts and he sighed, power that was the word that bothered him the most; that was the word that had triggered the memory from his first year. Who had the power? That was the scary part, he thought, was who really did have the power? He shook the thoughts from his mind and hurried down to find Ginny, he needed something to keep his mind occupied for a few hours then he would contemplate the final battle again. But for right now, all he needed was Ginny.

******************

The next Hogsmeade trip was scheduled for two weeks after Valentine’s Day to most of the school’s disappointment, however, everyone was still glad to be getting out of the school. Harry and Ginny had wandered around the village for a bit, picking up a few things here and there, which included a birthday present for Ron, as he would be turning eighteen in the next month. They arrived in the Three Broomsticks by noon and wandered over to get a booth to themselves as they waited for Ron and Hermione. They had only been sitting there a couple of minutes when they were joined by Neville and Luna.

“Hey Harry, hey Ginny.” Neville said, with his arm around Luna’s waist. “Do you mind if we sit with you guys?”

Ginny smiled. “Of course not, take a seat.”

Neville and Luna slid into the seats across from them. “Can you believe we only have one more Hogsmeade trip before we leave Hogwarts forever? Seamus and I were discussing it this morning, hard to believe?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I know. Feels weird to think that I won’t be coming back here next year.”

“I will be.” Luna said. “I still have one more year to go.”

Neville smiled at her. “Don’t worry, Luna; I’ll come see you on every Hogsmeade trip.”

Harry grinned down at Ginny. “I’m so glad that you’re smart enough to skip a year, I don’t know if I could have waited for you without going crazy.”

Ginny laughed and kissed him softly. “You would have survived.”

“What’s this, a party?” Ron asked as he slid into the circular booth with Hermione.

“It might be, but who said you were invited?” Ginny replied.

Ron grinned. “I did. Hey you guys will never guess what I just saw.”

Harry shrugged. “I don’t know. What did you see?’

“Dean snogging Parvati. I thought he was dating Lavender.”

Neville nodded. “He is. Dean doesn’t exactly go for one girl at a time. Ginny knows what I mean, right?”

Ginny blushed as she looked around at her friends. “Okay, I caught him cheating on me, twice, which is one of the main reasons why I broke up him.”

“Prick!” Harry said, “I’ve never understood guys like that. Why go after more than one girl?”

Ginny shrugged. “I don’t know why he just doesn’t date Parvati; it was her I caught him with when I was dating him too.”

Hermione sighed. “Cheating is the ultimate low. So he obviously likes Parvati, why doesn’t he date her?”

“Who knows?” Neville said as he looked towards the door. “But Seamus is going to be pissed.”

Harry grinned. Neville wasn’t wrong about that. Seamus had liked Lavender for as long as anyone could remember, but it seemed that every time he went to make a move on her, she was dating someone else. Harry still thought Dean was a jerk, especially because he knew that Seamus liked Lavender, and yet he had asked her out. Some best mate he had turned out to be. “Yeah, I suppose he will be. I’ve always thought that Lavender and Seamus would make a good couple.”

Ginny nodded. “Me too, poor Lavender, I hope she doesn’t catch them, that’s the worst kind of cruel. Do you think we should tell her?”

“Tell me what?” Lavender asked from behind them. She was standing there with Padma Patil. “I heard you guys say my name, so what’s up?”

Ginny bit her lip nervously. “Er, hi Lavender. So where’s Dean?”

Lavender shrugged. “Oh he’s around; he told me that had some things to do with Seamus first, but that he would meet me here after. Come on, what should you tell me?”

Harry sighed. “I’ll say it. Lavender, Ron and Hermione just saw Dean and Parvati snogging.”

“No … I’m dating Dean, he wouldn’t do that.”

Seamus slid into the booth with some bags full of stuff. “Hey everybody, I didn’t expect to come in here and see a party going on.” He stopped when he noticed Lavender staring at him. “Uh, hi Lavender.”

“Where’s Dean?” She demanded.

“He told me that he was spending the day with you.”

Tears poured down Lavender’s cheeks as she slid into the booth next to Ginny. “I … I suspected it but he really … he wouldn’t do that, would he?”

Ginny slipped her arms around her. “Oh sweetie, I’m so sorry. He did it to me too, you know. I caught him and Parvati together twice.”

“Who and Parvati?” Seamus asked looking confused. “What’s going on?”

“Dean and Parvati.” Neville supplied from across the table. “Ron and Hermione caught them snogging.”

As Ginny and Padma comforted Lavender quietly, Madam Rosmerta supplied everyone with butterbeer. Then Dean walked in, grinning. “Hey everyone. Lave, what’s wrong?” He asked in concern as he tried to get to her but found his way blocked by Padma.

Seamus stood up. “You’re what’s wrong, you prat!”

“Well, what the hell did I do?” Dean asked as he looked around the table where everyone was giving me dirty looks. “No, honestly, what did I do?”

Lavender looked up at him. “Parvati apparently!”

Dean looked around at his friends as Parvati came up behind him. “Hello guys.”

The appearance of Parvati next to Dean seemed to confirm everyone’s worst fears. Seamus seemed to have had enough and he actually turned and punched Dean in the face. “You bastard! You knew how much I cared about her, and yet you dated her anyway. I figured, hey I could live with that; you’re my best mate, you’ll treat her right. How dare you do this to her?” He punched him again, as him and Dean started rolling across the floor.

Shouts erupted in the pub and everyone began to stand up, hoping for a better look at what was going on. Madam Rosmerta snapped her fingers and two men came from the back to break them apart, tossing them out of the pub where Madam Rosmerta went outside to talk to them.

“Man,” Harry said, “Dean sure is getting picked on this year.”

Neville nodded. “I’d say so. But he turned into such a git. I think the first girl he ever cheated on was Ginny, but then he started those terrible rumours and now he’s cheated on Lavender. What’s going on with him?”

Ron shrugged. “Maybe he’s finally beginning to show his true colours … as a lying and cheating son of a bitch.”

Hermione elbowed Ron. “Watch your language, Ron!”

He grinned. “Sorry.”

Lavender was still sitting at the table in shock. Padma had gone after her sister when the two boys had been thrown out, leaving Ginny to comfort Lavender. Ginny turned to Harry.

“Harry, I want to take Lavender back up to the castle. Do you mind?”

Harry shook his head. “Nah, actually I’ll come with you.”

Ginny nodded and they said goodbye to everyone before Harry walked with Ginny and Lavender out of the pub. Seamus and Dean were still out there, just glaring at each other. Neither one of them saw them come out.

“I don’t know what you’re in such a bad mood about, Seamus, it’s not like you didn’t know I liked Parvati.” Dean said.

Seamus nodded. “Then why aren’t you dating Parvati? You knew how much I liked Lavender. I think I’ve been in love with her half my life, and every time I finally get the nerve to ask her out, some one has beaten me too it. Then you ask her out … God Dean, some goddamn friend you are.”

Lavender had stopped in her tracks when she had heard Seamus’ words. “What did he just say?” She whispered.

Harry smiled at her. “He’s liked you forever. I remember he’d dream about you and sometimes call you’re name out in his sleep. You heard him correctly.”

Lavender looked over at Seamus, who was still glaring at Dean, and obviously debating whether or not to punch him again. Lavender nodded at Harry and then she walked over, slid her arms around Seamus and kissed him. Ginny grinned, Seamus looked shocked. Then his arms came up around her and he kissed her back.

Ginny smiled and slipped her arms around Harry. “Seems like everyone is finding happiness this year; me and you, Ron and Hermione, Neville and Luna, and now Seamus and Lavender; everyone is having happy days.”

Harry grinned. “Yeah, looks like. Now if only Dean could get his act together and be the guy that everyone knows and loves, instead of this prat that he’s turned into, we’d be set.”

Ginny laughed and reached up to kiss him softly. “Yeah, it would be set.” She kissed him again before pulling away and smiling at him. “Harry, do we have time to go to Potter Manor this afternoon?”

Harry grinned as he looked down at his watch, which said one thirty. “Oh, I think we could find some time.”

Ginny grinned. “Then let’s go.”

Harry smiled. “Best idea I’ve heard all day.”

Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear