Search:

SIYE Time:18:25 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 323785; Chapter Total: 14423





Author's Notes:
NEWLY EDITED!! please review!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter III - Life Lessons

Harry, Ginny, and Lupin landed in Grimmauld Place a couple of minutes later with all of Harry’s stuff in tow. Tonks was sitting at the table drinking butterbeer and she grinned broadly when she saw them.

“Wotcher, Harry!”

Harry grinned. “Hey, Tonks!”

She grinned and stood up to kiss Lupin, who looked slightly embarrassed but kissed her anyway. “Well Harry,” Lupin said. “Tonks and I need to discuss a few things so if you want to spend a little time with Ginny before I take her back to the Burrow you guys can go find something to do.”

Harry grinned. “Alright.” He turned to Ginny and she smiled at him as he carted his trunk upstairs, Ginny carrying Hedwig’s cage. He went into the room he had used last time and dropped everything down before turning to Ginny. “Do you think Lupin will tell your mum about us?”

Ginny smiled. “No, because we’re going to tell Mum, just not right now.”

Harry grinned, and leaned over to kiss her softly, before pulling her down onto his bed where they both just sat cross-legged and grinned at each other. “So, what have I missed?”

Ginny laughed. “Not that much really. Percy still isn’t talking to the family, and Mum cried today when she got the wedding invitation to Bill’s wedding sent back. Everyone in the family was really upset. Especially Mum, she can’t understand why Percy won’t come to his own brother’s wedding, even if he is currently estranged from the family. Charlie has a new girlfriend, her name is Sandy and she’s so ditzy! She just sort of sits around the house and stares at him in awe and when he looks at her she just sighs. I haven’t heard her say anything except for ‘Oh, Charlie, you are so sweet.’ Then he just grins at her and she goes back to sighing. It’s disgusting! I don’t think she will last long though, she’s not his type. I can tell she’s just some sort of fling for him. I think he only invited her to the wedding, so he doesn’t have to listen to Mum complain that he needs to find himself a nice girl and settle down. But I suppose that’s a whole other story. Fred and George have been trying to find a way to get a joke in at the wedding… they hinted some ideas towards me, but they won’t tell me what their planning. If Mum finds out … they’re dead. I don’t think Bill would mind personally, he’s too prone to their jokes but Mum would kill them. Bill’s nervous and sore, but Fleur caters to his every whim. She really is quite perfect for him. I do have to admit it. And Ron, well… I’m going to kill him! You know how he was comforting Hermione at the funeral and we thought that maybe he’d do something about the fact that he loves her in a completely non best mate way… nothing. Hermione wrote me a letter and she was in tears, she is so fed up with him. She actually told me that she is thinking about giving up on him. I’m thinking about getting Fred and George to do something to get Ron’s act together. Hermione just can’t give up on Ron, they belong together. Want to help?”

Harry laughed. “Naw, surprise me. Those two have been driving me crazy, I honestly don’t even know when I realized that they wanted each other; it has been years. But then again, I never said Ron was fast.”

Ginny smiled shyly. “Well, I did sort of like you for a while, and I never did anything about it.”

Harry grinned wickedly, “Well, you did send me a singing valentine, and a singing get well card, so I at least knew you liked me, Ron doesn’t even give Hermione the slightest idea. Also, you were really clumsy whenever you were around me. I remember something distinctly about you putting your elbow in a butter dish.”

Ginny groaned. “You had to bring that valentine up! I’m trying to burn that memory from my brain. And why do you remember all of my embarrassing moments?”

Harry laughed. “Don’t, it’s a good memory. All of them are good memories. Besides, didn’t it go something like, ‘His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad, his hair is as black as a-”

“Harry!” Ginny groaned.

He laughed again. “Okay, I’ll try to forget it. Besides, I never exactly let you know when I started to like you, so I guess I can be blamed as well.”

“What do you mean? How long did you like me before you did anything about it?” Ginny asked.

Harry sighed, “Oh, maybe a little over a year.”

“Harry James Potter! You liked me for over a year and you never told me!” Ginny exclaimed.

Harry grinned. “Well, I didn’t realize that I liked you at first. I just, well, when Ron was freaking out over you dating Michael I felt a little twinge of annoyance, but I thought it was just ‘cause I loved you like a sister and, well, Michael Corner was a bit of a prat. But I didn’t think much of it as I did like Cho at the time. Then during the summer we spent so much time together, I got used to you always being around and when school started up again you were always with Dean, that’s when I realized what I was feeling. But then I didn’t do anything because you were dating Dean. Okay... and I admit that I was a little nervous of Ron’s reaction. I had some pretty crazy dreams about you though. Every morning when I woke up I’d thank my lucky stars that Ron could not see what I was dreaming or he would have killed me for having such improper thoughts about his baby sister!”

Ginny grinned. “So what made you decide to just kiss me like that in front of all those people, too?”

Harry shrugged. “I honestly don’t know. I’d been playing with the idea of using lucky potion to get you to go out with me, but I decided that that was too unfair. Then I don’t know, you were running at me and you were in my arms and I didn’t even think about it, I just acted. I just took what I wanted I guess.”

Ginny smiled and slid across the bed and onto his lap to kiss him softly. “I’m glad you did.”

Harry grinned. “Yeah, I’m glad I did too, I just wish that I would have done something about it sooner… you know, kick Dean out of the way.”

Ginny laughed, “I wouldn’t have minded. I don’t know what I saw in Dean, we never got along well. Almost from the beginning we didn’t get along like a boyfriend/girlfriend should.”

Harry smiled; he was silent for a couple of minutes as if he was lost in thought. “Ginny, everything that Lupin said, about me having so much money and all… I… don’t tell Ron. He gets so… bent out of shape at the idea of me having so much money, and I think this would make him blow. I mean I will tell him, I just… need to find a way how.”

Ginny snuggled close to Harry, wrapping her arms around his waist and cuddling against his chest. Harry thought that she felt so perfect sitting right there in his arms that he couldn’t suppress the grin that spread across his face. “I won’t. Ron does get angry… but he hates being poor… sure its rubbish sometimes, but really we’re not that poor, and we do have more than most people would. Besides, raising seven kids would hardly make anybody rich!”

Harry nodded. “True. But still, Ron’s real bitter about it.”

Ginny sighed and reached up to pull Harry’s lips down to hers and a loud ‘Ahem’ caused them to break apart. Tonks was standing in the doorway of Harry’s bedroom grinning. “Sorry to interrupt, but Remus says he’s got to take you back now Ginny. He doesn’t want Molly to think we kidnapped you.”

“Okay, we’re coming.” She stood up and grinned at Harry who took her hand in his and followed her downstairs and into the kitchen. Lupin smiled at them when they walked in. Ginny turned to Harry and kissed him softly. “See you later, Harry.” Then she waved goodbye to Tonks and Lupin and walked into the fire. Once she had disappeared, Lupin turned to Harry.

“Well, I’ll admit, I was surprised to see you and Ginny together. You guys make a good couple. And I guess you take after your father in more ways then we thought. After all, he seemed to be a pretty big fan of redheads too.”

Harry grinned. “Thanks. We started going out right after Gryffindor won the Quidditch Cup. You can’t tell Mrs. Weasley though; Ginny thinks that she’s going to flip out, so she wants to wait until the wedding so we can tell her together, in person. She seems to think that’s the safest bet.”

Tonks nodded. “Makes sense. Ginny’s not lying when she says that Molly still treats her like she’s ten. The girl is going to be sixteen in August. And don’t even get Molly started on the whole Chamber thing, Molly likes to pretend it never happened and that Ginny is still her sweet and innocent little girl.” Tonks let out a loud yawn. “Well, I’m off to bed, goodnight you two.” Harry watched her go upstairs, grinning at the thought that Tonks and Lupin had obviously gotten closer then he thought if they were living together. He turned to Lupin. “So, when am I going to get started on all of my life lessons?”

Lupin grinned. “Life lessons, that’s an interesting way to look at it, Harry.”

Harry shrugged, “Well, they are. They’re lessons to keep me alive; aren’t they?”

Lupin nodded. “Yeah, basically. Listen, Harry, I know I dropped a lot of information on you tonight, are you okay? I mean, do you have any questions?”

“All that money? Really?”

Lupin laughed. “Yes, Harry, you really are that rich. I always knew that James and Sirius were filthy rich, but to think that you have both of their fortunes combined!”

Harry grinned. “The other thing, Potter Manor… er, do you think it would be okay if I lived there, like can I see it? I mean, not live there right now, just once I’m done everything, you know, later.”

“Sure, Harry, why don’t we go take a look at it right now?” Lupin gestured towards the fire and they flooed straight to the house.

Harry gasped when he stepped out of the fireplace, feeling like he had entered an entirely different dimension. He landed in a large entranceway with lots of bright windows surrounding the large oak double front doors and a skylight. It was beautiful. The walls were a light cream colour with a gold trim that matched the marble floor. It actually reminded Harry strongly of the pictures he’d seen of the royal palace in Russia. The ceilings were almost as high as they were in Hogwarts. He turned around to look at the fireplace that he had just come out of and grinned. It was huge. The fireplace stood eight feet tall and eight feet wide and it was made of marble and stone and everything in the room just glistened.

“Wow,” Harry murmured as he looked around the room again. “My family really lived in something this… wow.”

Lupin grinned as he stood behind Harry. “This is the only room that is this large and exquisite; the others are more based on everyday living. Here, let me fill you in on what I learned from Andrew, Gwen, James, and Maddy about the house's history. Your multi-great grandfather Jacob Godric Lyons Potter III had this place built in 1333. He had the outline and the model of the house done when he died, so his wife Amelia and their son Aiden had the house completed. James used to always say that you could tell what room Amelia decorated because it was so rich looking that he sometimes wondered if she married his grandfather for his money; this room, of course, being the exquisite room decorated by Amelia Potter. This is the only fireplace in the whole house that is set up to the floo network and it is a private network, meaning the Ministry of Magic has no idea it exists let alone where it is and who is coming and going. The house is also completely unplottable. It has so many protection spells that it is as safe if not more so than Hogwarts itself. Also, you can't apparate into the house because of spells put onto it. However, once you turn seventeen you become the owner of the house and we can put some protection spells around the house allowing for only certain people to apparate into the house without an alarm going off. But we'll work that out in the future.”

“Wow, I don’t know what to say.” Harry said honestly, as he looked around in awe. This place really belonged to him; it was piece of his family’s history. Just then a tiny, old, and much wrinkled house elf came into the room, walking very slowly. Unlike most house elves, she was not wearing what looked like a pillowcase, but had on a cute little black maid’s dress, the same style as the early twentieth century. It made Harry grin to think that his family didn’t want the house elf to wear that ugly old pillowcase that Dobby had first worn.

“Oh, Maddy, I was wondering when you would get here. I have brought someone for you to meet. Harry, this is Maddy and Maddy, do you remember Harry Potter?” Lupin asked.

Maddy looked up at Harry in surprise and when she spoke, her voice was extremely high pitched. “Master Harry is all grown up now! I last saws you when you was just a baby. I is singing to you when the Lady is out, yes I was.”

Harry smiled at her, thinking that she was another part of that life that he didn’t remember. “Thanks Maddy, I’m sure I liked to listen to you sing. I’m thinking about moving in here maybe next summer. Would that be okay?”

Maddy nodded excitingly. “Oh yes, Master Harry, I is being prepared for you, I is knowing you will come back. Was it Master Harry that sent Dobby and Winky here to help Maddy?”

Harry nodded, turning to grin at Lupin. “Yes Maddy, I hope you’re not offended, but when Lupin told me that you have been working here for so long, I thought maybe you might appreciate some help. Dobby and Winky are good friends of mine. Is it okay that I want them to work here?”

Maddy grinned up at Harry. “Oh yes, sir, I is liking them very much, sir. I is not having company in so long, and now they are here. Would you like for me to give you a tour of the house?”

“Yeah, that would be nice.”

“Harry, I’m just going to go into the kitchen and talk to Dobby and Winky about what happened with Kreacher. I know you don’t care what happened to him so I’ll take care of everything. Maddy will take you around.” Lupin replied before turning and heading down one of the corridors.

Harry nodded; he didn’t care about Kreacher and he was glad that he was dead, he had been miserable anyway. “Okay, Maddy, so where do we begin?”

Maddy turned and Harry noticed for the first time that there were three directions that could be taken. There were two corridors to go down as well as a large, gleaming oak spiral staircase. Maddy was leading him up the stairs. “We will start upstairs, Master Harry.”

“Maddy, can you just call me Harry, no master please.” Harry asked.

Maddy smiled. “Of course, Master, I mean Harry.”

She continued to lead him up the stairs until they came to landing that had a set of double oak doors, large doors. They had to stand about eight feet tall. He also noticed that the stairs continued to go up. “Maddy, how many floors are in this house?”

“There is four, sir. Would you like to stop here or go all the way to the top and work your way down?”

Harry grinned. “Let’s work our way down.” He continued to follow Maddy all the way up to the top, noticing that every landing had a large set of double doors. When they finally reached the top floor, Maddy pulled open the doors to reveal a large room, filled with storage and trunks full of things.

“This is the attic, sir, Master James and Lady Lily left many of their personal belongings in their room. I is bringing them up here and putting them in storage for you.”

Harry nodded; a knot in his chest. His parents’ things were in this room. One day, when he had time he would go through everything. The clothes, the books, the pictures… all of their memories. He shook the thoughts from his head and looked deeper into the room. Windows lined the walls and the room seemed to go on forever. “Is this all that is up here? I mean, is it all just storage?”

“Yes sir, it is all storage. Come on, we will move down a floor now.” She led Harry back to the landing, closing the doors behind her.

“Maddy, what’s with the big doors at each landing?” Harry asked as they came to the third floor. “I mean, why does every landing have doors leading to the hallway?”

“I is not knowing, sir, but your great-grandfather said it kept the draft out.” She opened the next set of doors and Harry found himself standing in a large corridor. The walls were papered in a deep blue, the floor was hardwood. He noticed that all of the doors were sets. Maddy led him into the first room and he gasped. It was huge. There was a queen-sized bed in the middle with some chairs, dressers, a vanity, some night stands, and a bookshelf as well as a large fireplace against one wall. The room was about thirty feet square. He opened one set of double doors on the left side of the room and found a large closet, while the set on the right side consisted of a private bath. The private bath had both a tub and shower for comfort.

“Blimey!” Harry said. “Maddy, whose bedroom is this?”

Maddy shrugged. “No ones, sir, it is just a guest room. This whole floor is guest rooms; they are all the same size. Every bedroom in the house has a private bath and a fireplace. There is sixteen guest rooms on this floor. Like Mr. Remus said before, only the downstairs fireplace is connected to the floo network. The fireplaces in all of the other rooms are strictly for comfort.”

“Sixteen! Blimey, I could invite everyone I knew to live here if I wanted.”

Maddy laughed. “Come on, the rest of the rooms are very similar, just different decorations. Let’s move down to the second floor.”

Harry followed her, still in awe. When she led him onto the second floor, he again found himself in a corridor. This one also had a hardwood floor, but the walls were colourful stones. Each room again had a set of double doors. Maddy led him down the hall and it took Harry a second to realize that she was talking to him.

“They is all bedrooms also. I will only show you one room, as it will be yours. The bedrooms on this floor however are forty feet square and there are only ten, plus the master bedroom, which is of course much bigger.” At the very end of the hall was a larger set of double doors than the rest, Maddy pushed them open and Harry found himself in the largest bedroom that he had ever seen. “This is the master suite, sir.”

Harry grinned, it was incredible. The walls were painted the same colour as his eyes and the hardwood beneath his feet gleamed. The large window brought the moonlight in and the window seat was plumped with pillows for comfort. The king-sized bed in the centre barely seemed to take up any room at all. There was a small sitting area in front of the fireplace as well as some bookshelves, two dressers, a vanity, and two nightstands. There were three sets of double doors in this room. The first one led to the master bath which not only had a stand-up shower large enough for three people but a large Jacuzzi tub built for two, a double sink, and the wall behind the Jacuzzi was all mirrors. Another set of double doors led to a huge walk-in-closet and the final one led to the nursery.

Maddy placed her hand on Harry’s arm when she felt him tense. “I is not touching this room, sir, it is exactly the way your parents left it when they took you and went into hiding.”

Harry nodded and stepped into the room, his heart in his chest. There was an oak crib in the corner and simple baby things around the room, his room. They had decorated the nursery in baby animals, he realized, it was nice. He smiled, his heart pounding, he was glad that he had come to a place where there was happy memories.

“Thanks Maddy, for leaving the room like this. I assume it’s you then that have brought all the bathrooms and everything up to date.”

Maddy nodded. “Yes, sir; that is my job, sir. There is money for me to use to do just that!”

Harry smiled. “Leave this room, I mean keep it like this… maybe one day my child will be able to use it.”

Maddy nodded and led him back down the spiral staircase to the first floor. They then went down one of the corridors from the entranceway and ended up in a library. There was a huge fireplace against the wall and lots of large comfy furniture around it. Bookshelves lined the walls, going so high up that both ladders and stairs were erected around the room. “This is the library Harry, over the years your family has collected many books. Many is very useful, and some is just stories, many muggle books as well.”

She led him further down the corridor and into another large room with a large fireplace. “This is the living room. It changes very often, as every new Potter has a different idea of what a living room should look like.” At this moment it was filled very similar to the library, with lots of comfy chairs and furniture, though it also had a chess table, a pool table, an air hockey table, a ping pong table, a poker table, and a table made just for exploding snap. Harry grinned when he saw them. “Master James liked to play games, sir.”

Harry smiled. “Yeah, so do I. Maddy, does this house have electricity?”

Maddy nodded. “Yes, sir. Lady Lily was very intelligent, sir, and she came up with a spell to allow electrical things to be used, such as the air hockey table. Master James picked that up in Canada when they went on a trip there. All sorts of things will work in here.”

He nodded, thinking that he could get himself a television and maybe a computer. He followed Maddy down the corridor again and into another room, this one wasn’t as large. It was all outlined in oak panelling and one whole wall was bookshelves. There was a large desk in front of the big window and a couple of comfy chairs outlining the room.

“This was your grandfather’s office. Master James used it too, though not as often as Master Andrew.” Maddy replied, watching as Harry walked over to look at some of the trophies and awards on the shelf.

“Wow,” he murmured as he picked up a Quidditch trophy. “Who was Nelson Potter?”

Maddy smiled. “Master Nelson was your great-great-grandfather. He coached Quidditch for England for ten years; of course he was a seeker for ten years before that.”

Harry grinned, so his talent at Quidditch really did run in the family. Maddy led him back down the corridor to the entranceway and down the other one. This one also had three sets of doors. The first one was a large half-bathroom. The second one took Harry into the largest dining room that he had ever seen outside of the Great Hall at Hogwarts. The floor was stone and the walls were blue with huge windows that stood from the floor to the ceiling outlining the room in moonlight. The table was long enough to hold fifty people. The table itself was solid oak and every chair matched. That’s when he noticed the moving pictures on the walls.

“Well, if it isn’t the wee Potter boy, he’s all grown up now, eh Andrew?” One of the portraits replied.

Andrew Potter nodded and Harry grinned when he realized that he had the same messy hair. “That he has, Dad. So Harry, is the house to your liking? A Potter has lived in Potter Manor since the day it was built over six hundred years ago, you know?”

Harry nodded. “You’re my grandfather?”

Andrew nodded. “Yup, and the man who spoke first is you're great-grandfather, Andrew Quinton Potter I. I am Andrew Quinton Potter II, of course. Every man and woman in this room once owned Potter Manor. Of course, there are now too many portraits so many of us have been moved into the corridor outside, did you notice? I supposed not. James’ portrait is out there, as is Lily’s, if you’d like to talk to them. They’ve been dying to see you.”

Harry nodded and Maddy led him down the corridor to his parent’s portraits. His father’s messy black hair and his glasses, made Harry jolt, he really did look a lot like his father, but James’ eyes were hazel. He turned to his mum’s portrait next. Her hair was a deep auburn colour, not as fiery as Ginny’s but beautiful just the same. And she had his eyes, the same deep emerald green.

“Hello sweetheart,” Lily Potter replied. “We wondered when Remus would bring you to see us.”
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear