Search:

SIYE Time:14:24 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 323779; Chapter Total: 9610





Author's Notes:
A/N: Wow! So I was on a crazy writing role tonight - ideas just pouring out like crazy! Of course Matt wants to kill me because I’ve made him wait so long - as I’m sure most of you are going crazy as well - well here's 38 and 39 should be posted soon, I just need to edit it. Please enjoy. newly edited! please review!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter XXXVIII - Career Paths and Victory

The month of May had crept up on him quickly, and soon Harry found himself making long Quidditch practices to prepare for the final match of the season, against none other than Slytherin. He made practices a couple times a week, but he tried not to make them too crazy since many people were beginning to cram for the finals, especially the seventh years. With only a month and half left of school, the exam craze was slowly beginning. Harry was back on a strict revising timetable because of Hermione, but he didn’t mind because she seemed to be more lenient about letting him spend more time with Ginny.

Harry also had to take a closer look at his future. Now that the wedding date was set, he needed a career. The Auror job was still open to him, and Harry knew that he would have no trouble getting into the training program. Between Tonks and Kingsley he had tons of recommendations and his grades were well enough to get him into it, but Harry was beginning to wonder if he really wanted to be an Auror anymore. Now that Voldemort was gone, he wasn’t sure if he wanted to spend his life chasing after dark wizards.

At the end of Transfiguration that day, Harry stayed back to talk to Professor McGonagall about his career ideas since she had been the career counsellor from two years before. He assumed that she still held the same position. When the last person left the room, Harry walked over to her desk.

“Hello Potter, what can I do for you today?” McGonagall asked.

Harry smiled. “Er, well … I’ve been wondering. I’m not sure if I want to be an Auror still … I mean, it seemed like a good idea before, but now that I’m done all the stuff with Voldemort and the prophecy … and well now, I just don’t know.”

McGonagall smiled. “Don’t worry about it, Harry, you’ll know what you want to do when the time comes. I have two things I need to discuss with you anyway and both happen to be concerning your career. First of all, I’d like to tell you that during your last two Quidditch matches, there have been scouts here visiting and they took an interest in you, Mr. Weasley and Mr. Finnigan. They are going to be watching once more at the final match and then they want to talk to the three of you. Have you ever thought about a career in professional Quidditch?”

Harry grinned. Yeah, he had thought about it, but he had never really thought about it coming true. “Really? There are some people interested in us.”

“Yes. I believe there’s someone interested in Miss Weasley as well, though I know that she doesn’t want a career in Quidditch. Second thing I wanted to talk to you about is your defence skills. Harry, you are incredible at that subject and the final battle only succeeded at proving immensely just how well you are at showing others how to improve as well. Now you might be wondering where I’m going with this; well we need a Defence against the Dark Arts teacher in September. Normally, I wouldn’t approve of such a young teacher, but … if you’re interested, I think that you would be a great teacher, Harry. So now it looks like you have three career options open. That is of course, if you still want to think of an auror career.”

Harry grinned. A professor? Him? “Wow, I’ve never really thought of being a professor. I’ll think about it, thanks Professor.”

McGonagall smiled warmly at him. “No problem, Harry. Now go work on that cup, I’ve grown quite fond if it again, and I’d hate to see Slytherin steal it away.”

“I’ll do my best.”

*************

Ron and Seamus were just as thrilled as Harry had been with the idea of a scout looking at them for Quidditch. By the time the day of the game came, all three of them were so nervous that they could barely stand it. Ginny said she didn’t care how good they thought she was, she wasn’t interested in playing professionally. Her interest in healing was still strong, and she was very interested in Hermione’s school idea. The two of them had been planning out ideas concerning a young magical school for weeks. Hermione really had her mind set on the idea of a primary school for wizards, this idea of teaching them all about muggles and muggle studies that way they weren’t so lost when they finally did meet muggles.

Harry thought the school idea was good one, but he was just as nervous as Ron and Seamus about the scouts and his attention didn’t stay with them for very long. When he finally stood in front of his team in the change room before the final match of the season, he grinned. “Well, this is it guys. We’ve had a fantastic year! Much better than last year, which really was kind of a disaster. It’s our last match, and it’s against Slytherin, and my only piece of advice is let’s show them who’s the best damn team here.”

Everyone cheered and they began to file out of the change room. Ginny walked over to Harry and kissed him softly. “Don’t think about the scouts; just concentrate on getting that snitch for Gryffindor.”

Harry grinned. “Yeah, I will. Thanks Gin.” He kissed her and then they followed the team out. When Harry stepped out into the sunshine, he was in a good mood. The conditions were excellent for a game and he was ready. He mounted his broom and headed up into position as Luna’s voice drifted down across the field.

“Welcome everyone to the final match of the season, Gryffindor versus Slytherin.” Three quarters of the crowd were chanting ‘Go Gryffindor!’ Harry watched as Madam Hooch prepared the game, letting loose the golden snitch followed by the bludgers and the quaffle and then they were off. “And the game begins!” Luna exclaimed. “Now Gryffindor has to be a hundred points up to beat Slytherin’s team this year, let’s hope they can do it. But then again, as long as Harry Potter manages to snatch that snitch, it’s all good. Malcolm Baddock makes a pass at Gryffindor’s goal post towards Ron Weasley and its going, going and … he saves it. What a great way to start the game. Ginny Weasley in possession of the quaffle. She hurries past Graham Pritchard and Baddock and she shoots … and yes the quaffle sails past the ear of Blaise Zabini. Ten points to Gryffindor.”

The game was a close one. Harry kept his eye out for the snitch, taking Ginny’s advice and putting all of his attention on the game itself. Kevin Kraft, the Slytherin seeker who had replaced Draco Malfoy, wasn’t that good, but Harry kept an eye on him anyway. Within half an hour, the game was tied fifty to fifty. As long as Harry could catch the snitch they would win. They only had to beat Slytherin by a hundred points.

Luna’s voice drifted up to him again. “The game gets intense as Gryffindor chaser Demelza Robins tries to make a pass at Zabini … and oh he saves it. The game is still tie, fifty to fifty.”

Harry was looking for the snitch everywhere. He was determined to find it and to find it soon. Then as if it was looking for him, the snitch sailed right past his ear and Harry was off. He dived down towards it with perfect control of his broom. And if in the back of his mind he knew that he was showing off his skill to the scouts, he ignored it, concentrating instead on speeding down to catch it. In the background he heard Luna’s excited voice saying that he had seen the snitch, but he didn’t pay any attention to her until his hand wrapped around the tiny golden ball and then the noise barrelled in.

“Harry Potter has caught the snitch!” Luna cried out. “Gryffindor wins, two hundred to fifty.”

Harry landed on the ground as the rest of the team came running towards him. They had won the Quidditch Cup for the fourth year in a row, minus the year with no Quidditch of course. As the rest of the team hugged him, he could hear the Slytherins booing loudly from the stands, but he only grinned and pulled Ginny close to him for a long kiss.

They marched off to the change rooms to change out of their robes, grinning and congratulating each other on a good game. McGonagall stepped inside in the change room and everyone stopped talking. She smiled at them in one of her rare happy smiles. “Congratulations! You all did wonderfully. Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, Mr. Finnigan, Miss Weasley, you are wanted in my office when you’re finished.” She gave them another small smile before leaving.

Harry glanced over at Ron, his heart pounding in his chest. They quickly changed and headed up to the school, knocking on the door. McGonagall opened the door, informing them that they wanted to talk to them all individually. Ginny went in first. When the door closed behind her, they heard a silence charm go onto the door.

Harry turned to Ron. “This is nerve wracking.”

Ron nodded his face a little pale. “Ginny doesn’t even want to play Quidditch.”

Harry shrugged. “Doesn’t mean that they won’t try to convince her. She loves the game, she just has other career options in mind. You never know, she might change her mind.”

Ron shook his head. “Nah, she won’t, once she’s set her mind to something it stays there.”

Harry nodded, knowing that Ron was right about that and glanced over at Seamus who was pacing nervously. “You okay, Seamus?”

Seamus nodded. “A little nervous. I’ve always wanted to play professional Quidditch.”

“Yeah, I know how you feel.”

They sat there quietly until Ginny came out thirty minutes later. She kissed Harry on the cheek and grinned at her brother as he was called in next, but she didn’t say word. Then she left him alone with Seamus, as he stared at the door in silence. Ron was in there for almost an hour. Harry’s nerves were almost on the breaking point by the time the door opened again. Ron had a stupid grin on his face, but he didn’t say anything either so Harry watched as Seamus stepped into the office. Now that Harry was alone, his nerves were even worse then before. Finally, after what seemed like forever Seamus stepped out, grinned at Harry and hurried off, leaving Harry to step into the office.

There were two men there. One had blonde hair and wore a baseball cap; he didn’t look much older than twenty. The second man was older, with grey hair and he wore a suit. They were both smiling at him. Professor McGonagall sat behind her desk. “Close the door behind you, Potter.” When he closed the door, she smiled. “Harry, I’d like for you to meet Mr. Jesse Fanon,” the younger man nodded at him. “And, Mr. Donald Brooks. Gentlemen, Harry Potter.”

Harry nodded at the two men. “It’s nice to meet you.”

The older man stepped forward. “Mr. Potter, it’s an honour to meet you. I’m Donald Brooks, a scout for professional Quidditch teams. This is my assistant, Mr. Fanon. We’ve been showing up sporadically at Quidditch matches all year round and we’re extremely impressed with your skills as a seeker. When did you start playing?”

Harry shrugged. “My first year here at Hogwarts.”

McGonagall nodded. “The first time he ever flew a broom he caught a remembrall in a fifty foot dive. It was incredible! He was the youngest seeker to play at Hogwarts in over a century.”

Harry blushed, a little embarrassed by McGonagall’s praise. “Er, yeah. I’ve played on the Gryffindor Quidditch team as seeker ever since, minus my fifth year where I was banned halfway through the season, and the last two years I’ve been team captain.”

Mr. Brooks smiled. “You are an excellent player. Banned from Quidditch?”

Harry nodded. “Yes sir, I was banned along with two of my team mates, Fred and George Weasley for punching Draco Malfoy. He said something incredibly rude about the Weasley family and I jumped him. Dolores Umbridge banned us from Quidditch for it.”

McGonagall cleared her throat. “Dolores Umbridge took over the school two years ago and she set out ridiculous rules. Potter was naturally returned to Quidditch team as soon as she was gone.”

Mr. Brooks nodded. “I see. Well, Dolores Umbridge is indeed a terrible woman. My wife is part Veela you see and she humiliated her in public, calling her a half-breed whore among other things. So naturally, we will bypass any judgments that she has made. So, Mr. Potter, have you ever considered playing professionally?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I mean, who wouldn’t?”

“Exactly! Now as a scout, my job is to look for possible Quidditch players and to see if they are interested in playing professionally, then I pass on their name and notes on their skills to the teams. Any team that needs a new player will take a look at the possible applicants. Are you interested, Mr. Potter?”

Harry felt happiness soar through him. This was a dream that he had never really thought would come true. “Yes, I am.”

Mr. Brooks grinned. “Good. So this is what we’re going to do. You’re name will be passed along and within a couple of days you will start to receive offers from different teams. Now don’t pick the first one that wants you. Offers will continue until around the middle of June. June 31st is the last day for any Quidditch offers to be sent out so by that day, you have to start deciding which team you’d like to play for. Then you have exactly two weeks from that day to decide which one you want. Is that clear?”

“Yes sir. When you mean offers, like well, should I look for anything in particular?”

Mr. Fanon smiled this time. “Smart man. Yes, you should look at practice schedules and salary offers, as well as positions, and of course whether or not they want you as a reserve player or for full time. It’s up to you to decide what you want to do. The decision is all yours, Mr. Potter.”

Harry grinned. “Wow, I never thought that … this is cool.” He grinned up at Professor McGonagall before turning back to the two men. “So offers should come through in a couple of days?”

Mr. Brooks nodded. “Yes, but I will warn you, Mr. Potter, pay close attention to the offers that you are being sent. I hate to say it, but there are shallow people in this world, and there will be people who will only look at you as a way to bring fans into the stands. If you are unsure of which ones these are, you can contact us. Here is my card and of course I’m sure Professor McGonagall will be able to help you as well.”

Harry nodded. “Okay. Thank you.”

Mr. Brooks grinned. “Oh it was my pleasure. Good luck, Mr. Potter.”

Mr. Fanon nodded. “Yes, good luck.”

Professor McGonagall smiled. “You may go now, Potter. And may I say good luck. Now I suggest you head back to Gryffindor Tower to help your team celebrate the victory.”

Harry grinned. He nodded at them before leaving. His life was just getting better and better as he went along. He headed back to Gryffindor Tower, prepared to join in and to see what happened with Ron, Seamus, and Ginny up in the office as well.

*********

When Harry stepped into the common room, he was greeted with a loud uproar of noise. The whole house was getting ready to celebrate. There was food and drink and music and everyone was in a good mood. As soon as the portrait hole closed behind him he heard Seamus whistle loudly.

“Listen up, mates! Now that Harry has arrived I’d just like to say that Ron, Harry, Ginny, and I have been scouted for professional Quidditch teams!”

Everyone began to cheer and Harry soon found himself being congratulated by everyone within sight. He grinned when Ginny hurried over to him, handing him a plate of food. He was glad that she had thought to make him a plate; girls were sometimes still trying to slip him love potions.

“Hey, how was the meeting?”

Ginny grinned. “Good. I told the guys straight out though that I wasn’t interested in playing professionally. They tried to convince me for a while, but eventually saw that I wasn’t going to budge. Did you say yes?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I did. I’d love to play professional Quidditch. I don’t really think that I want to be an Auror anymore.”

Ginny smiled. “Well, that’s up to you. Besides, I believe that you mentioned before that you even were offered a teaching job.”

Harry grinned. “I was. Honestly Gin, me a professor? That just sounds crazy.”

Ginny laughed. “I think you’d make a great professor. You really are an amazing teacher, Harry. I learned a lot from you and I know a lot of other people did too.”

“That’s good, well we’ll see. Maybe one day, but I don’t think I want to be a professor now. I’m too young; I think it would be weird.”

“Yeah, I suppose it would be. Come on; let’s go join in the festivities of our victory.”

Harry grinned and pulled her close, giving her a long deep kiss. “I tend to remember another Quidditch cup victory where I got to taste these gorgeous lips.” He brought his mouth down to hers again and she moaned.

“That was the best day of my life because you finally came to your senses.” Then she pulled him over into a chair and snogged him senseless.
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear