Search:

SIYE Time:6:20 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324638; Chapter Total: 9361





Author's Notes:
A/N: So this was a random idea I had - I hope you like it. Please review. newly edited!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter XXXIX — Surprises

When the common room had finally started to clear out around one a.m., Harry and Ginny had stayed behind to cuddle in their favourite chair. He wrapped them in the afghan blanket and grinned when she snuggled up against him. He loved it when she cuddled like this and he loved the feel of her in his arms. He nibbled gently at her ear and then just held her close, and soon they drifted off to sleep, wrapped in each other’s arms.

Harry was woken up about an hour later by the sound of the portrait hole opening. He was surprised to see Professor McGonagall coming though, looking very grim. When she had seen Harry, she looked surprised.

“Potter, what are you doing still awake and with … never mind. I need to talk to you. It’s important.”

Harry nodded. He shifted carefully and moved Ginny so that she was cuddling into the chair before he followed McGonagall out of the portrait hole and into the hallway. “What’s going on, Professor? Did something happen?”

McGonagall nodded. “Yes. You know how on the evening of the final battle most of the Death Eaters were captured, but some of them did escape?”

“Yes, who was hurt?”

“At least you understand where I’m going with this. No one was hurt, Harry, but something did happen. One Death Eater that escaped that evening helped five other Death Eaters escape from the ministry’s grasp. The six of them are now on the loose.”

“Who are they?” Harry asked.

McGonagall sighed. “The one who helped the others was Pansy Parkinson. She helped Draco and his father escape, along with Crabbe, Goyle, and Bellatrix Lestrange. They obviously had a goal in mind before they tried to leave the country and they almost succeeded. “

“What did they do?”

“Harry, I don’t know how to tell you this, but they went after your aunt, uncle, and cousin.”

“What? Why?” Harry asked.

“Because they are your family.”

Harry nodded. “What happened? Are they okay?”

McGonagall nodded. “Yes, they’re fine. They burned down their home, but some Aurors managed to show up and help them escape. However, the Death Eaters escaped as well, and until they are found, we don’t know what to do with the Dursleys. They are obviously still in more danger.”

“Where are they right now?”

“Kingsley and Tonks are at the muggle police station with them. They had some minor burn wounds and Kingsley and Tonks were going to bring them to St. Mungo’s, however, the problem is that the Dursleys refuse to go anywhere with them. We were hoping that you might be able to convince them, as well as … well we need somewhere for them to go Harry, and Lupin mentioned that the safest place that he could think of other than Headquarters was Potter Manor.” McGonagall explained, looking at Harry carefully.

Harry nodded. “Okay … I’ll take them to Potter Manor.”

McGonagall looked quite taken aback by this. “You will? I mean, well, that’s great, they’ll be safe there. We’ll properly arrange for your uncle and cousin to have excuses for not being at work and school. I need you to come with me to collect them.”

“Sure, but I want Ginny to come with me.”

McGonagall smiled. “Of course.” She placed her hand on Harry’s shoulder in a rare, and very maternal gesture. “Harry, I know how hard this is for you. They may be your family but they have always treated you very badly. You are a good person for taking them in during their time of need.”

Harry nodded. “They may have treated me badly, but when I needed their protection they did take me in. I guess it’s time I repay the favour.”

McGonagall smiled. “Yeah, I suppose it is. Why don’t you go wake up Miss Weasley and meet me down in the entrance hall in ten minutes.”

Harry nodded. “Okay, thanks Professor.” He headed back into the portrait hole and saw that Ginny was still sleeping soundly in the chair. She looked so peaceful. He really shouldn’t wake her, but he wanted her with him for this … he needed her with him for this. He knelt down in front of the chair and took her hand in his, planting small open mouthed kisses along the palm of her hand, before moving over to her throat and ending in a soft kiss on her lips that made her moan. “Wake up, beautiful.”

Ginny opened up her eyes and smiled. “But I’m tired.”

Harry smiled. “I know. Listen, McGonagall was just here. Some escaped Death Eaters burnt down the Dursleys home. I need to go get them, they’re going to stay at Potter Manor, and … I don’t want to go alone.”

Ginny sat up instantly. “Of course, let me just go freshen up.”

She hurried upstairs to her dorm, and Harry did the same, brushing his teeth and changing his clothes. When he got back downstairs, Ginny wasn’t there yet. He paced nervously for a few minutes. He was actually going to help the Dursleys; after everything that they had done to him, and yet he was here willing to help them. He sighed; he couldn’t let them be killed. No matter how many times he had thought about it, he wouldn’t let them be killed. He needed to help them, and he realized that he wanted to help them. He looked up when he saw Ginny come down the stairs. She had changed into jeans and a tank top with a zip-up jumper and her hair was freshly brushed, hanging in soft curls down her back. She had also added a touch of makeup. She had dangly earrings hanging from her ears and she was wearing the bracelet Harry had gotten her ages ago at Hogsmeade.

He grinned. “You look beautiful. But I don’t think that you need to look good for this occasion.”

Ginny smiled. “Of course I do. I’m Harry Potter’s fiancée; I have to make sure that I look fabulous!”

Harry laughed. “You always do.” He pulled her close to kiss her softly and they headed downstairs to meet McGonagall, walking hand in hand. When they entered the entrance hall, McGonagall was standing there in her cloak. She nodded in approval at them before she spoke.

“There’s an alley two blocks from the police station. It should be safe for you to apparate there.”

Harry nodded. “Alright.”

McGonagall smiled. “Potter, I’ll understand if you want to stay at Potter Manor for the entire weekend. I think you need to get your relatives settled in and well, I understand. But you can’t miss any more than Monday. If you’re not back by Monday night I want a legitimate reason, Potter. Miss Weasley of course, can stay too.”

Harry grinned. “Thanks Professor. We’ll be back Sunday night, I promise.”

McGonagall nodded. “Well, it’s early Saturday morning now, just get them to St. Mungo’s so that they can be checked over and then get them to Potter Manor. They need to be kept safe.”

Harry nodded. “Got it. It will all be worked out, if I have to stun them and drag them there.”

McGonagall winced. “I hope that it doesn’t come to that.”

Harry grinned, a bit of mischief twinkled in his eye. “I do.”

Ginny laughed. “Don’t worry, Professor; I’ll make sure that he stays in line.”

McGonagall smiled. “Thank you, Miss Weasley, though I think that I’d like to hex those people myself. Anyway, off to the police station now. Kingsley and Tonks will accompany you to St. Mungo’s, but then you’re on your own.”

Harry nodded. “Professor, before we go, I was just wondering. Shouldn’t Tonks be off duty now, with her pregnant and all? I mean what if something happens?”

McGonagall nodded. “She should be, but Nymphadora is very stubborn, and she has yet to tell her supervisor about her condition. I believe Remus gave her three more days to inform him or he was going to.”

Harry grinned. “Alright, just wondering. See you later.” He waved good bye and then him and Ginny headed out of the Hogwarts grounds and into Hogsmeade so that they could apparate.

Once they had stepped into Hogsmeade, Harry pulled Ginny over into a dark alley so that no one would seem them. Then he held her close so that she could side apparate with him, as Ginny was still not of age. Soon they were standing in another dark alley in muggle London. Harry took her hand in his and he held it tightly as they headed down the dark street toward the police station.

“It’s so … dark.” Ginny whispered. “There are only those street lights on.”

Harry grinned. “Well, it’s almost two in the morning, love. Everyone is fast asleep.”

Ginny smiled. “I suppose. I just … well, I always thought that muggle London would be more exciting.”

Harry looked down at her in surprise. “Have you never been to muggle London?”

Ginny shook her head. “Nope, but I admit, it is a little disappointing.”

Harry laughed and kissed her softly. “Babe, it is much more exciting then this. It’s the middle of the night, so naturally there’s nothing going on. One day I’ll take you on a trip and we’ll tour it together, what do you think?”

Ginny smiled. “Okay.” They walked quietly all the way to the police station and when they stepped inside, Ginny immediately felt Harry tense. “Harry, it will be fine. Come on.”

They headed over to the front desk and the man behind it looked up. “Hello, can I help you with something?”

Harry nodded. “Yes sir. My name is Harry Potter and I was told that my aunt and uncle’s house burnt down tonight. I’m their only relation so I’m here to take them home with me. Vernon and Petunia Dursley?”

The man nodded. “Yes, a detective by the name of Kingsley Shacklebolt mentioned that you would be coming. Just go on over through that door and the secretary will lead you to them. Can I ask who the woman is with you? It’s just procedure, I’m sure that you understand.”

“Oh, yeah, sorry. This is my fiancée, Ginevra Weasley. I didn’t want to come alone.”

The man nodded. “I understand; tough circumstances. Like I said, just through there.”

Harry nodded. “Thank you.” Then he remembered that because he was in the muggle world, he would be required to ask what happened. “Um, do you know how the house caught fire?”

“I believe they’re thinking arson. But it’s still being looked into.”

Harry nodded. “Alright, thanks.”

As they headed through the other door, Ginny whispered to him. “But Death Eaters burnt it down? Why would you ask what happened?”

“Because in the muggle world they don’t know about Death Eaters, so they don’t know what happened. And if I am posing as just some random relation, then I don’t know what happened either. Therefore, I’m supposed to show curiousity.” Harry explained as they headed over to the secretary’s desk in the other room.

“Oh.” Ginny said.

The woman behind the desk smiled warmly at Harry. “Mr. Potter? Officer Gray just informed me that you were on your way back here. Follow me please.”

Harry and Ginny followed the woman through another door and found themselves in one of the interrogation rooms in the police station, where the Dursleys, Tonks, and Kingsley were already waiting.

“Here you are. This will let you talk privately. The leading officers in the case will be in here in a few moments.” The woman smiled warmly again, before closing the door behind them.

Harry smiled over at Tonks. “You’re not supposed to be working.”

Tonks grinned. “I know. Kingsley told me that I could come here, but then I had to go tell the super, or he was going to. Between him and Remus, I can barely breathe!”

Harry laughed. “When are you and Remus going on your honeymoon?”

“We leave this Friday.” She sighed and pointed her finger over at the Dursleys. “These idiots refuse to be taken to St. Mungo’s for treatment.”

Harry nodded. “So I heard. Have any of them been caught yet?”

Kingsley shook his head. “Nope, not one. But we’re looking for them. We figure with that mark on their arm they won’t be able to get very far. The security’s been tightened at the ministry and between guards and Dementors; the rest of them ain’t going anywhere.”

“Good.” Harry turned to look over at the Dursleys for the first time. They were all still in their night clothes and had a few burns on them that were covered with bandages. “You’re going to come with us to St. Mungo’s, then I’m going to take you someplace safe.”

Uncle Vernon’s moustache twitched and Harry could see that he was furious. “I’m not going anywhere with freaks like you! I thought we were rid of you for good, boy!”

Harry shrugged. “Sorry bout your luck. Look, you don’t have to come with me, but I swear to you, that if you don’t you’ll be dead faster than you can blink. Some people want you dead, and trust me when I say that they will kill you if you don’t do what I tell you too. You’re only still alive tonight because Aurors showed up at your house before they could do any real damage.”

“Real damage!” Uncle Vernon hissed. “They bloody well burned down our house!”

“Yeah, but better you’re house rather than you. Now like I said, you’re going to do what I say if you want to live.”

Aunt Petunia nodded. “Of course, Harry, we’ll go with you.”

Uncle Vernon glared at his wife, but he didn’t argue, which told Harry that he too wanted to live. Dudley, however, didn’t say a single word. He just kept his greedy piggy-like eyes glued to Ginny’s chest. Harry could tell that she felt uncomfortable, because her hand squeezed his a little tighter. He pulled her close and kissed the top of her head, whispering gently in her ear.

“Ignore him.”

She nodded. “I’ll try.”

The door opened and two police officers stepped into the room. “Good evening folks.” One of them said as he closed the door behind him. “I’m Officer Johnson and this is my partner Officer Fields.”

Harry nodded. “Nice to meet you. I’m Harry Potter, and this is my fiancée Ginevra Weasley, we’re here to take my aunt, uncle, and cousin to the hospital for check-up before bringing them to a safe place.”

Officer Fields nodded. “That’s what I understand. Now, Detectives Lupin and Shacklebolt here tell me that you have a safe hiding place to keep them away from these killers that decided to burn down their house, and that they are working on going after them?”

Harry nodded. “Yes officer.”

Kingsley spoke from the back. “Like I said earlier Officer, my partner and I work for British Intelligence, and we’ve been after these people for a while. We know how to keep the Dursleys safe from harm.”

Officer Johnson smiled. “That’s what we hope. You are free to leave, we just need Vernon Dursley to sign a few forms regarding the incident and insurance.”

Uncle Vernon nodded and accepted the pen Officer Johnson gave him. He quickly signed the papers and then he followed Harry, Ginny, Kingsley, and Tonks out of the room.

Kingsley turned to Harry. “Arthur’s provided you with a ministry car to take you safely to St. Mungo’s.”

Harry grinned. “Great, tell him I said thanks. We’ll be okay from here.”

Kingsley nodded. “I figured that. Tonks and I will get along; we’ve got to talk to the supervisor about her condition.”

Tonks sighed. “I’m having a baby, I’m not dying for Pete’s sake!”

Ginny laughed and hugged Tonks. “We just want to make sure that you and the baby stay safe.”

Tonks nodded. “I know. We’ll see you guys later.”

Harry and Ginny waved good bye to Tonks and Kingsley, before Harry led the Dursleys into the Ministry car.

Uncle Vernon glared at Harry as he ushered them into the back seat of the Rolls Royce that the Ministry had provided. “Boy, we’re not all going to fit back here.”

Harry grinned. “Sure we will. Just get in the car, Uncle Vernon.” Uncle Vernon glared at him, but he did climb into the car. Harry sent Ginny in after him and then he climbed in and closed the door. The back seat had been magically enhanced so that Harry, with Ginny comfortably on his lap, Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and surprisingly, Dudley were all sitting quite comfortably on the bench seat. “Neat to see what magic can do, isn’t it?” Harry laughed at the shocked faces of his relatives, before he looked over at the driver. “St. Mungo’s please.”

The driver nodded. “Of course, Mr. Potter.”

Harry wrapped his arms around Ginny’s waist, resting his chin on her shoulder, ignoring Dudley’s smouldering looks of jealousy. “You okay?”

She smiled and turned her head to kiss him softly. “I’m fine, are you okay?”

“I guess so.”

No one in the car spoke again, until they arrived at St. Mungo’s. Then the driver turned around. “Mr. Potter, would you like me to wait for you?”

“Yes, if you don’t mind.”

The driver shrugged. “I don’t mind.”

Harry grinned. “Alright thanks. I don’t know how long we’ll be, but I don’t imagine it should be any more than an hour.”

The driver nodded. “Alright, I will be here.”

“Thanks.” Harry and Ginny climbed out of the car, followed by the Dursleys and they found themselves on a dirty London street in front of a closed store that said: Purge and Dowse, Ltd., with a sign hanging on the doors that read Closed for Refurbishment.

“Where the bloody hell are we? I thought we were going to a hospital!” Uncle Vernon demanded angrily.

Ginny turned to him and Harry could tell that she was angry. “You know what; I have had enough of your yelling and bitching! Your nephew is taking time out of his day to make sure that you are kept safe and taken care of, and all you’ve done is complain! Just shut up!”

Uncle Vernon looked shocked. “Why you little —”

He stopped at the glare that he got from Harry. “Don’t say anything else.” Harry turned back to the store and stepped up to the dummy in the window. “Er hi, I’m Harry Potter and we have some burn patients.” The dummy nodded its assent and beckoned them to enter. Harry urged Ginny to go through first to show the Dursleys how it was done, before he pushed them through the window barrier before following. The Dursleys looked around in shock when they found themselves in a reception area. Harry ignored their shock and pulled them over to the front desk so that he could read the sign:

Ground Floor: Artefact Accidents (Cauldron exploding, wand backfiring, broom crashes, etc.)
First Floor: Creature-Induced Injuries (Bites, stings, burns, embedded spiders, etc.)
Second Floor: Magical Bugs (Contagious maladies, ex: dragon pox, vanishing sickness, scrofungulus)
Third Floor: Potion and Plant Poisoning (Rashes, uncontrollable giggling, regurgitation, etc.)
Fourth Floor: Spell Damage (Unliftable jinxes, hexes, and incorrectly applied charms, etc.)
Fifth Floor: Visitor’s Tearoom and Hospital Shop


Harry sighed. “I guess you qualify for the first floor. Come on.” He hurried them along to the elevator and up to the first floor. He walked over to the front desk. The floor was surprisingly pretty empty. “Excuse me, but I have some muggle relatives who were sent here because Death Eaters set fire to their house. We’re not sure if the fire was started by magical means or not, so we need someone to check out and heal their burns.”

The woman nodded. “Of course, the ministry informed us that you would be coming in, Mr. Potter, bring them this way.” Harry nodded and forced the Dursleys to follow the woman into one of the rooms. They took a seat on the bed and the woman smiled. “Healer Pye will be with you soon.”

“Thank you.” Harry said. When she left the room, Harry turned to his relatives. “Listen, magical medicine works much faster than normal medicine. They will be able to heal your burns entirely. It won’t hurt you. You better cooperate.”

Aunt Petunia placed a hand on her husband’s arms as well as her son’s arm. “Don’t worry, Harry, we will.”

Harry smiled gratefully at his aunt. “Thanks.” He sat down in one of the chairs in the corner, pulling Ginny down into his arms. A few minutes later, Healer Pye came in. With fifteen minutes, the Dursleys were healed and Harry had paid him for his services. He then ushered the Dursleys back outside and back into the Rolls Royce. Once everyone was inside, he turned to the driver. “Just to the Leaky Cauldron, please.”

The driver nodded. “Of course, Mr. Potter.” Five minutes later they were there. Harry dismissed the driver and ushered everyone inside the bar. It was empty other than Tom, the barman. Harry gave a casual wave before bringing them over into the little alleyway before the entrance could be made into Diagon Alley. He turned to them. “Okay, the only way to get you to the house is to apparate there. Since Ginny isn’t of age yet, I have to bring you all there one by one. It will only take a minute. I’m going to bring Ginny first. Wait here and don’t move. I’ll be back in a minute.”

He pulled Ginny into his arms and Disapparated with barely a sound. His skills had improved immensely, and he could almost apparate and disapparate silently. He appeared in the living room of Potter Manor. “Gin, get Dobby in here, will you?”

“Sure, Harry.”

He Disapparated on the spot and then appeared again in front of the Dursleys who jumped. “Who wants to go next? Aunt Petunia?” When they shook their heads nervously, Harry sighed. “It doesn’t hurt, I swear.” Aunt Petunia nodded at him slowly. Harry took her arm and Disapparated. When he appeared back in the living room of Potter Manor, Dobby and Ginny were there. “Two more to go.” Within five minutes, everyone was in the living room, Dudley looking around in curiousity.

“Harry Potter, sir, your Wheezy says you are staying.” Dobby replied.

Harry grinned at Dobby. “For a bit, yeah. I need you to prepare two guest rooms upstairs for my aunt, uncle, and cousin. And if you can, maybe bring some drinks and some food in here as well.”

Dobby nodded. “Of course, Harry Potter, sir, Winky is making food right now!”

“Good, where’s Maddy?”

“She is still sleeping, sir; she is not knowing you is here. I can go wake her, sir.”

Harry shook his head. “No, no, let her sleep. I don’t want her to hurt herself. She needs more rest.”

Dobby nodded vigorously. “Yes sir, Maddy is old, sir, she is working very slowly. Good thing Dobby and Winky is here to help her, sir.”

Harry smiled. “Yeah, very good thing. Thanks Dobby.” Dobby bowed and hurried out of the room. Harry turned around to face the Dursleys. “Well, what can I say? Welcome to Potter Manor.”
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear