Search:

SIYE Time:23:38 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324632; Chapter Total: 9550





Author's Notes:
A/N: Hey everyone – so I know that everyone has been bugging me for the next update – so here it is. I needed to take a break from studying so I decided to write it out … I’m sure you all don’t mind. I’m not even sure what I’m going to write yet … though I did just finish editing chapter 42 so I added more to Dudley’s pain so those of you that wanted to see more I suggest you go back and read it first. Okay, well I would like to dedicate this chapter to my favourite person in the whole world because this person always manages to cheer me up when I need them too and knows exactly what to say to make me smile … you know who you are … and you are the coolest!! I would also like to dedicate this chapter to all of my many wonderful fans that are more than anxious to see what comes next. If it wasn’t for you guys, I never would have continued this story. So thanks … all right here I go!! newly edited please review!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter XLIII – Quidditch

The school year began to pick up its pace and Harry found himself cramming when it came to revising for his N.E.W.T.s. Every night, every seventh year could be found somewhere in the castle, eagerly pouring over their notes from every class in anticipation of their Nastily Exhausting Wizards Tests. Harry figured the name had it on the money, as he once again reviewed his notes from Transfiguration. His exams started tomorrow and he didn’t even feel slightly ready. With two weeks left of the year, Harry felt like he was slowing losing an important piece of his past. Hogwarts had been his home for seven years … the only home that he ever remembered having and now he didn’t know where he was going to go. Sure, he had homes, and he planned to go stay at the Burrow for most of the summer so that he could work on the wedding plans with Ginny … though he didn’t know where he fit in there, as Molly had taken over most of those. But he figured that he would help out, after all, it was his wedding. He also still had to decide on the Quidditch team that he wanted to play on. At the end of two weeks, all of the offers would be in as well.

Over the last two weeks since he had spent the eventful weekend at Potter Manor, more and more Quidditch team offers had come in. Now not only had he been offered full-time seeker for the Wigtown Wanderers and the Ballycastle bats but also for the Appleby Arrows, the Tutshell Tornadoes, and to Ron’s dismay the Chudley Canons. He had been offered reserve seeker for the Falmouth Falcons and the Caerphilly Catapults. He was a definite no for the reserve teams and he had found out from McGonagall that Coach Winston of the Falcons only wanted him anyway because of his fame. Seamus had already accepted an offer … his dream offer in his opinion. He had been offered to play full-time chaser for Ireland’s national team and he had jumped at the opportunity. Ron had been offered many positions as well; many on the same team as Harry, but like Harry, he didn’t know what he wanted yet.

Harry shook the thought of Quidditch from his mind, and tried to focus once again on his Transfiguration notes. He knew that he didn’t need good scores to be a professional Quidditch player, but Hermione had lectured both him and Ron for over an hour on the importance of having the grades, so that when they retired they had something to fall back on. Neither Harry nor Ron had wanted to argue with her, so here he was studying again. He stared down at the diagram of how to turn a bird into a water goblet and sighed … he knew all of this. He couldn’t study any more when he felt like he was ready. He sighed and closed his books, packing everything up before leaving the library and heading back upstairs to the common room. Hermione was lecturing some first years on something so Harry snuck upstairs and climbed into bed. He was exhausted. He glanced over at the clock, it was only ten. He sighed and closed his eyes anyway, and seconds later he was asleep.

******

The exams went by quickly and Harry actually left every one feeling confident. As he answered the last couple questions on his written Defence against the Dark Arts exam, he grinned … it was over. He handed in his paper and then grabbed Ginny’s hand as the class filed out, pulling her outside and leaving Ron alone with Hermione to deal with her exam obsession that she had; the one where she liked to go over every single question and figure out how exact she was.

“Anxious to be outside, Harry?” Ginny asked as she walked beside him out in the sun.

Harry laughed. “Anxious to be away from, Hermione. I love her to death, but … she’s been driving me crazy!”

Ginny grinned and reached up to kiss him softly. “Me too, love. So now you’re done?”

“Thank Merlin!”

Ginny laughed. “Well, you know that I would love to stay out here and keep you company, but I have one more exam … Ancient Runes and its right after lunch. I just want to get some last minute revising in.”

Harry sighed and kissed her. “Good luck.”

She grinned. “Thanks. Are you coming in for lunch?”

He shook his head. “I’ll be in later; right now I just want to get some air.”

Ginny nodded and smiled warmly at him. “Alright, see you later.”

Harry watched her hurry back into the school and he turned his attention instead to the letter he carried in his pocket. He had been offered one hell of an offer that morning and he had yet to tell anyone about it. It had come while he had been getting dressed since he was late for breakfast. He opened the letter and began to read it over for what was probably the tenth time that day:

Dear Mr. Potter,

It has come to our attention that you are one of the most sought after Quidditch players of the time. Many wonderful teams have asked for your support in helping them to make it to the World Cup, we however have not. However, last night two of our players told us that they were retiring and would not be joining us for another season. One of them was our seeker, William Brown. We were all very shocked at this … of course they should have told us sooner, but alas they did not. I took the liberty of watching the recordings of the few games Mr. Brooks received of you at Hogwarts and I must say that you are without a doubt the most incredible seeker that I have seen in many years. But I suppose it runs in the family. I asked your father to play for us, since he lived nearby and I knew him as a boy. He loved Quidditch. But with the war going on, he turned to being an Auror instead.

Now I know that you are very famous for being The Boy Who Lived and now The Man Who Defeated Voldemort and I was slightly nervous at first about approaching you because of it. Most of our players do not like a lot of publicity and I was afraid that with someone who receives so much that it might not work out so well for us. However, I talked to Mr. Brooks about it and he has informed me that you also are not a fan of publicity and let me tell you, the thought just made me smile. You would be perfect for this team. I understand that you are planning on living in Scotland in the manor where James once lived; therefore I think that you should take into consideration the closeness of your home to your job as well. The Pride of Portree, the best team in Scotland in my personal opinion, would be honoured if you would accept this offer and play with us full time as a seeker. We practice four days a week one of those days being Saturday and we only practice from noon to four. If you play for us we are willing to offer you 200,000 galleons a year as well as five free tickets to every game for the first year that you play with us. As a bonus and for your effort, you will receive an extra 150 galleons for every snitch that you catch and an additional 10 galleons for every game you allow us to win by catching that snitch. I know how great of an offer that this, is which is why I am urging you to please accept it.

Also, I was told that you are recently engaged, so I added a jersey in the box for your fiancée, your name is already on the back, Mr. Potter, as we are very much hoping that you will accept our offer.

Sincerely,

Edward R.M. MacDonald
Head Coach of the Pride of Portree


Harry looked down at the letter again and sighed. This was the offer of a lifetime and he knew it. The practice schedule was perfect because it gave him a life in between and he knew that the practices themselves would be hard work, even if they were only half a day. The pay was unbelievably good and twenty thousand galleons over the most expensive one he had received so far. With the bonus for the snitch and the game wins he would even have a chance at better pay. He was getting free tickets to the game for an entire year and he had gotten a hooded sweatshirt, a jersey, and a long-sleeved t-shirt for Pride of Portree with the number seven on the back of all of them and Potter written across the top for both him and Ginny. He read the letter again and nodded … oh yeah, this was what he wanted.

He tucked the letter back into his pocket and headed upstairs to talk to Professor McGonagall about the offer and how to go about accepting it. He met her in the hallway half-way.

“Hello, Potter, how did you do on your exams?”

Harry grinned. “I think I did alright.”

Professor McGonagall smiled. “Good. So what can I do for you?”

Harry smiled. “Well, I just got an incredible offer from Pride of Portree and I’m pretty positive that I want to accept it.”

McGonagall nodded. “I see, well come on up to my office, and we will go over it together.”

Harry followed her upstairs and took a seat across from her, handing her the letter. He grinned up at Dumbledore’s portrait, which happened to be sleeping peacefully at the moment. He turned his attention back to McGonagall who was reading over the letter. Finally she looked up and smiled.

“Well, you’re right about one thing, this is an incredible offer. And Edward MacDonald wasn’t lying about the publicity, his entire team has always kept a low profile, and he is very good at helping them stay away from the press other than the normal things of course, such as photo shoots both individual and team and biographies, and articles on each player. But unlike other teams, he doesn’t always have the press at practices and cornering his team in the locker room, stuff like that. Many coaches allow this on a regular basis.” McGonagall explained. “Mr. Brooks was telling me this, in case you’re wondering how I suddenly know it. Well, Potter, I think it’s a good offer and I think that you should take it if you want it.”

Harry grinned. “I think I might. I just want to talk to Ginny, Ron, and Hermione first.”

McGonagall smiled. “Understandable. Well, when you decide to accept, come back and tell me. It’s my job to set up a meeting with Edward MacDonald so that you can accept in person.”

Harry nodded. “Alright, thanks Professor.”

“No problem, Harry. Now why don’t you go get some lunch before the hour’s over.”

“I think I will. See you.” Harry hurried out of the office, his head spinning as he grinned to himself. This was the chance of a lifetime … if only Ron could be on the same team.

*******

Harry stepped into the Great Hall later on that day for dinner. He had been pouring over the letter and the merchandise from every team that had asked for him to play, but he kept turning back to Portree. He hadn’t seen Ron or Hermione since the exam that morning and he has anxious to talk to them. He took a seat in between Ron and Ginny in the Great Hall, leaning over to kiss Ginny softly.

“Hey, how did your last exam go?”

Ginny grinned. “I think I did really well. Where are you coming from?”

“The common room. I need to talk to you three later, after dinner.” Ron and Hermione nodded at him.

“Sure Harry, actually I got something to say too.” Ron replied.

Harry grinned. “Great.” He began to pile food onto his plate. He was suddenly very hungry.

As soon as they were all done eating, the four of them made themselves comfortable in the Head Boys room. Ron grinned. “Well, Harry you go first.”

Harry nodded. “Alright, well this morning I got the best offer yet for Quidditch and I think that I’m going to take it.”

Ginny jumped into his arms, grinning. “Harry, that’s wonderful!! What team? How are all of the objectives?”

Harry laughed. “It’s four days a week of practice for four hours including Saturday. Their offering me 200,000 galleons a year plus a bonus of 150 galleons for every snitch I catch! I get five free tickets to every game I play for the first year. Um … and 10 galleons extra for every game we win when I catch the snitch. It’s a great offer. It’s Pride of Portree.”

Ron’s mouth dropped open. “I’m accepting that one too!”

Harry grinned. “You got an offer?”

Ron nodded, grinning now. “Yeah, this morning at breakfast. The guy said that two team members were retiring but blimey, what’s the chance of both keeper and seeker leaving the team! I get 200,000 galleons a year also and their offering me 20 galleons for every save! And I get the five free tickets for the first year too! This is awesome, Harry! We’re going to be on the same team!”

Harry grinned. “This is cool. Oh and I have something for you Gin, I’ll be back.” He hurried up the stairs to get the box of clothes and then went back down. “Ginny, I got that shirt you wanted.” He pulled out the three shirts with his name and number on it and she grinned.

“Yes!” She pulled the jersey over her head and then reached up to kiss him softly. “Perfect fit.”

Ron had some too and he handed them over to Hermione, who looked just as excited. “Here, you’ve got some too.”

Hermione pulled the Pride of Portree jersey over her head grinning. “Look, I’m Weasley number three.”

Ron laughed and kissed her softly. “Yeah you look good in that.”

Hermione smiled. “I look good in everything, Mr. Weasley.”

Ginny laughed and threw her arms around Harry. “Well, are you and Ron going to go accept then?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah. Come on Ron, we’ve got to go talk to McGonagall so she can set up a meeting with MacDonald.”

Ron laughed. “Alright, then let’s go. This is bloody awesome!”

Harry grinned. It sure was. As long as they were on the same team, he was happy.

*******

Two days later, Harry and Ron were both standing outside of McGonagall’s office nervously awaiting the arrival of Edward R.M. MacDonald. McGonagall smiled warmly at them, telling them not to worry. Harry paced nervously, what if he had already given the position away? After all, he couldn’t only have offered it to the two of them. He grinned when the man came out of the fire, dusting himself off.

He wasn’t very tall at about 5’9 but he was built and obviously worked out a lot. He had dark brown hair that was slowly leaving his head bare and bright blue eyes. He grinned at them both. “Mr. Weasley, Mr. Potter, what an honour to meet you both.” He held out his hand and they both shook it. “Might I just say that you two are some of the most incredible players that I have seen in quite a few years?”

“Thank you, sir.” Harry and Ron both replied simultaneously.

MacDonald grinned. “No problem. Now of you don’t mind, I’d like to talk to you both separately. Who wants to go first?”

Ron looked at Harry and gestured him forward. “You go.”

Harry nodded. “Alright.” He watched as Ron left the room with McGonagall and he turned to MacDonald.

“Mr. Potter, what can I say? I think I wrote everything of importance in the letter. But we would be honoured for you to play with us.”

Harry grinned. “I’ve looked over your offer, sir, and it is the best one that I’ve seen yet and you were right, I like that it’s close by my home as well.”

MacDonald smiled. “So are you accepting my offer?”

Harry grinned broadly. “Is it still open?”

MacDonald laughed the sound rolling out of him and Harry decided on the spot that he liked him a great deal. “My, you are a good one. Of course the offer is still open.”

“Then I accept.”

MacDonald grinned and slapped his hands together. “Wonderful!” He opened up his briefcase and pulled out some parchment. “This here is the contract that I need you to sign to make everything official. Now the only thing in here that was not in the letter is that I’d like to sign you on for five years. Is that alright?”

Harry grinned. “Yeah, that sounds good. What happens after five years?”

MacDonald smiled. “We renegotiate your contract.”

Harry nodded. “Alright.” He took the quill from MacDonald and then silently began to read over the contract, absorbing every word. “Sir, please don’t take offence to this or anything, but I would like to have Professor McGonagall look it over before I sign it.”

MacDonald grinned. “Of course. I have no problem with that at all.”

Harry smiled and walked over to the door to ask McGonagall to come inside. She looked over the contract and read it. “Everything is in order, Potter.”

Harry grinned. “Good, I thought so.” He signed his name at the bottom and grinned, handing the quill back to MacDonald.

“Well, Potter, welcome to Pride of Portree.”

Harry grinned broadly. “Thanks for having me.”

MacDonald laughed. “Practice starts exactly two weeks after the end of term. I’ll send you a notice with the schedule. Where are you going to be in two weeks?”

“The Burrow.”

“Arthur Weasley’s residence? Now he is a fine man, I’m glad he’s minister. Alright, I will send it there. Until then, Mr. Potter, I wish you the best of luck.”

Harry grinned. “Thank you, and see you then.” Harry walked out of the room and let Ron inside, grinning. As of this moment, he was now a professional Quidditch player.

******

When Ron stepped into the common room forty-five minutes later grinning, Harry jumped to his feet. “Did you sign?”

Ron nodded. “Yeah.”

Ginny grinned and jumped to her feet, whistling loudly to get everyone’s attention. “Hey everyone! Ron Weasley and Harry Potter have just signed with Pride of Portree to be the new keeper and seeker!”

Pandemonium broke out as cheers and celebrations ran throughout the room. Harry was congratulated by everyone in sight and soon he found himself standing in front of Seamus.

“Looks like we’ll be playing against each other, Harry.”

Harry grinned. “That’s alright, Ireland deserves you. You’re a great chaser!”

Seamus grinned. “Well, I had a good captain.”

Food made its way into the common room, and soon there was eating, drinking, and Weasley fireworks flying through the air as a party broke out. Harry took a seat on the couch, grinning, his life was finally going where he had once dreamed it would.
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear