Search:

SIYE Time:2:14 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324681; Chapter Total: 9398





Author's Notes:
A/N: Here is 44 – it is completely random and I honestly dreamed it happening so I figured what the hell, let’s write it. I hope you guys like it. newly edited! please review!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter XLIV – The Dursleys’ Surprise

With only one week left of the school year, Harry began to feel the sadness of leaving Hogwarts. The younger students were finishing up their exams, as N.E.W.T.s had started earlier than the rest of the exams, and the weather outside was just too beautiful to want to stay in. He grinned as he remembered the previous evening, what a perfect way to end the N.E.W.T.s, he thought. He was now a professional Quidditch player and in exactly three weeks time he would be practicing professionally with the Pride of Portree. The thought made him smile as he shovelled food into his mouth in the Great Hall. People from other houses had heard the news by now and had been congratulating him all morning. He sighed when he saw Professor McGonagall heading towards him.

“Potter, can I have word?”

Harry nodded. “Sure Professor.” He drank down the rest of his juice before following her out into the entrance hall.

“Potter, Remus and Nymphadora arrived home two days ago from their honeymoon. Now your relatives are still staying there. Neither one of them seem to mind too much that the Dursleys are staying with them, however, Remus informed me earlier this morning that your aunt and uncle wish to have a word with you.” She explained.

“Do you want me to go now?” He asked.

McGonagall nodded. “If you don’t mind. I think it would be better for everyone if you go and get the conversation over with.”

“Do you know what they want?”

McGonagall shook her head no. “No Potter, I don’t, but they did request that you go alone and not to bring Miss Weasley.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I don’t want Gin anywhere near them anyway. Alright, I’ll just go tell Ginny, Ron, and Hermione and then I guess we’ll see what the Dursleys want.”

She smiled. “You can use my office when you’re ready.”

Harry nodded and went into the Great Hall to sit with his friends.

“What was that about?” Ron asked with his mouth full of food.

“The Dursleys want to talk to me. I’m heading over there now. I don’t know when I’ll be back.” Harry explained.

Hermione nodded. “What do they want?”

“I have no idea. But they did ask that I go alone.” He turned to Ginny. “I don’t really want you around Dudley anyway.”

Ginny nodded. “That’s fine; I don’t really want to be around him either.”

Harry smiled. He leaned over and kissed her softly. “Alright, then I’ll see you guys later.” He waved goodbye and headed up to McGonagall’s office, disappearing in green flames and arriving in the kitchen of Grimmauld Place. He grinned when he saw all three of the Dursleys who had been sitting at the table, jump out of their skin and shriek in surprise. “Hello.”

“Harry!” Lupin exclaimed from the doorway as Tonks rushed past him and threw her arms around him.

“Hey Tonks, hey Remus.”

Tonks smiled at him. “It’s good to see you!”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, so how was the honeymoon? Was the house all good?”

Lupin grinned. “It was wonderful Harry! Thanks for letting us use the house it was beautiful. The beach was great, and it was nice to just sit around and do nothing.”

Tonks grinned wickedly. “Remus, we did so much more then sit around, and I believe that nothing happened on the beach, in the garden, and —”

“Tonks!” Lupin exclaimed, blushing slightly.

Harry laughed. “I’m glad that you two had a good time. I’ve got good news myself.”

“Oh what happened?” Tonks asked.

Harry smiled. “Both Ron and I accepted positions as full-time seeker and keeper for Pride of Portree. We start practices in three weeks.”

Lupin grinned. “Wow! That’s awesome, Harry! Congratulations! What made you choose Pride of Portree?”

Harry shrugged. “The letter I received more than anything. The coach’s name is Edward MacDonald and I guess he knew my dad briefly, mentioned that he tried to get him to play Quidditch but with the war going on that he completely understood when my dad decided to be Auror instead of a professional Quidditch player. But it’s a great offer. He is really strict on the whole publicity scale, so I won’t have reporters constantly in my face during practices and in the locker room. Practices are four days a week. I’m going to be making 200,000 galleons a year, and they offered me a bonus of 150 galleons every time I catch the snitch, and an additional 10 galleons every time that I catch the snitch and we win. I went over the contract with McGonagall before I signed it. I signed on for five years.”

“That’s amazing, Harry! Congratulations! And you said Ron got on the team too?” Tonks asked.

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I had already decided that I was taking it and when I realized that Ron had also gotten an offer and was seriously considering taking it I just knew that it was the perfect team.

Lupin grinned. “Incredible! I am so proud of you. Your parents would be too, though James might have been a little bit jealous, but in a good way.” He pulled Harry into his arms for a hug. “I am very proud of you. Do I get tickets?”

Harry laughed. “For the first year I get five free tickets to every game. So you and Tonks can come to every game because Ron gets the five free tickets too which will include a good chunk of his family.”

“Excellent.” Lupin glanced over at the Dursleys who were eating breakfast quietly and just staring at the three of them like they had five heads. “Well, I know that you came here to talk to your aunt and uncle, so Tonks and I will be on our way. We have an appointment to keep anyway. We have to make sure that our baby is being well taken care of.”

Tonks smiled. “He is just fine.”

“He?” Harry asked. “How do you know it’s a boy?”

Tonks shrugged. “I don’t. It’s just a feeling I have.”

Harry grinned. “I still think that the baby should be named after me.”

Lupin laughed. “You do, do you?”

“Yup. Come on, Harry is a great name?”

Tonks smiled. “Harry or Harriett?”

Harry shrugged. “Both.”

Lupin laughed. “Well, since you’re going to be the baby’s godfather that might be a little confusing, don’t you think? But I promise that the baby’s middle name will be Harry, right Tonks?”

Tonks nodded. “I swear.”

Harry grinned. “Wow thanks, I mean, I was just kidding but … wow.”

Tonks smiled. “See you later, Harry. We’ve got some errands to run after the appointment so we won’t be back for a couple of hours.”

“See you.”

Lupin waved goodbye before he led Tonks from the room and few minutes later, Harry heard the front door close. He turned around to face the Dursleys and he sighed. “Well, I’m here now and I’m alone. What can I do for you?”

Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia stared up at him for a moment before Uncle Vernon spoke. “What’s Quidditch?”

Harry’s left eyebrow rose slightly in surprise. “It’s a sport, sort of like a mix between football and basketball, but with four balls and it’s played on broomsticks. I tried to explain it before when I wanted to go to the Quidditch World Cup, and you got angry as soon as you heard the word broomsticks. Why?”

“Well, you mentioned that you’re going to be playing professionally.” Uncle Vernon replied. “So I guess congratulations are in order.”

Harry couldn’t help himself, his jaw dropped open and he swore it hit the floor. “Excuse me?”

Uncle Vernon’s moustache twitched slightly. “You heard me. I said congratulations. What are a seeker and a keeper anyway?”

Harry shook his head slightly, almost as if he still wasn’t sure if he was hearing this right, but decided to answer anyway. “I’m playing the position of seeker, and it’s my job to worry about this little tiny gold ball called the snitch, which is hard to see and super fast. It flies around the game and I have to catch it before the other team’s seeker. When I catch it we almost always win, because the snitch is worth 150 points. A keeper is my friend Ron’s position, he’s like a goalie, and he guards the hoops to keep the other team from scoring with one of the other balls, the quaffle. There are three hoops for him to guard.”

Uncle Vernon looked slightly interested as he spoke, and it surprised Harry so much that he decided he better take a seat at the table. “How many players are on a team? What does each player do?”

Harry looked at his uncle quizzically before glancing around at his aunt and cousin. All three of them looked genuinely interested in what he was talking about. He shrugged, well whatever game they were playing, he could play along as well. “There’s seven players; seeker, keeper, three chasers, and two beaters. The chasers play with the quaffle and have to try to get it through one of the three hoops on either side of the field, past the keeper. The beaters play with the other two balls, called bludgers, which fly around and try to knock people off of their brooms or injure them enough so that they can’t play the game. The beaters have bats and kind of like in baseball they hit the ball, except they hit it towards members of the opposite team. Understood?”

Uncle Vernon nodded. “Yeah. It sounds … interesting.”

Harry rolled his eyes. “It’s fun. I’ve got five free tickets to every game, and I would offer them to you if I thought you’d come.”

“Thank you, Harry, I think we would like to come and see what you’re going to be doing with your life.”

For the second time that day, Harry’s jaw dropped open. “You’re serious? You actually want to come and watch my first game?”

Uncle Vernon nodded. “Yes, we would. If you don’t mind, of course.”

Harry just continued to stare at his uncle in shock for a full five minutes, finally he shrugged. “Sure, whatever, I’ll let you know when the first game is. Look, why did you want to talk to me? I highly doubt it was about Quidditch?”

Aunt Petunia nodded. “No, it wasn’t about Quidditch, but it is a little bit to do with your life. Dudley, will you please go upstairs so that your father and I can talk to Harry privately?”

“Why?” Dudley asked. “I deserve to listen in.”

“Dudley, go upstairs now.” Uncle Vernon demanded.

Dudley stood up and angrily glared at Harry before stomping out of the room. Harry glanced over at his aunt and uncle. “He’s going to listen in.”

Uncle Vernon shook his head. “Then I’ll lock him in a room. This is a private conversation.”

Harry stood up and closed the door, grinning at Dudley who was sitting on the stairs. He locked it magically and then said “Imperturbatus”, before he took a seat back at the table. “Now the door is locked magically so that he can’t open it in any muggle way and I put a no eavesdropping charm on the door, so even if he has his ear there, he won’t hear a thing.”

Aunt Petunia nodded. “Thank you, Harry.”

“Sure, no problem, now, what did you want to talk to me about?”

Uncle Vernon sighed. “A little bit of everything.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Harry asked, wondering not for the first time that day why his uncle was being so nice to him and so curious about his life.

“Harry,” Aunt Petunia said softly. “At Potter Manor, Dudley did something very terrible, and … well, Vernon and I have realized how often we have chose to ignore his … trouble making.”

Harry smirked. “Try: you’ve been doing it his whole life!”

Aunt Petunia nodded. “We know; which is why we’ve decided to talk to you. Do you have any important plans for today?”

“Not really, school’s done.”

“Good, because this conversation may take a long time. Okay, first of all … look Harry, I know that this is going to sound really dumb, but … Vernon and I would like for you tell us your life story.”

“Huh?” Harry asked. “My life story?”

Uncle Vernon nodded. “Yes. We need to know everything that you ever remember from your life with us, and from what Dudley has done. Also, we’ve realized that for our own piece of mind, we’d like to know about your life at school. What you’ve done and things like that? Harry, we realized that we have treated you badly the entire time that you were with us, yet … you still took us in and made sure that we were kept safe. If I was you, well hell, I probably would have done whatever your father’s portrait was telling you to do to us. Petunia and I realized that after the terrible way that we treated you, you still turned into a good person and we want to know why? And we want to know about your life.” Uncle Vernon gulped before continuing. “We would like to be a part of your life.”

Harry just stared at them. He didn’t know how to respond to something like this. Okay, so Aunt Petunia’s interest was a different story, after all she had loved his mother in her own way, but Uncle Vernon? He wondered if he had died and landed in some weird alternate universe. He sighed and thought about what they had just said and then it hit him. They were worried about Dudley’s behaviour and worried that they had made him that way. After all, they had treated Harry badly his whole life and he was okay. He grinned as he remembered Ginny saying something similar to them at Potter Manor. Alright, he thought, if they wanted to know his life story, he’d tell them. He ignored the hopeful flutter around his heart that said maybe this would make them want to be a family and then he wondered where that flutter had come from. He pushed the thought back and turned his attention back to his aunt and uncle. “Alright, I’ll do it. Where would you like me to start?”

Uncle Vernon smiled. “Thank you, Harry.”

Aunt Petunia nodded. “Yes, thank you. And I think that you should start from the very beginning.”

Harry nodded. “Alright … but rather than talk about it, I think it would be better to just show you.”

“Show us? How do you do that?” Uncle Vernon asked.

“With a pensive. Dobby,” He said and Dobby appeared with a loud crack in front of him.

“Yes Harry Potter, sir.”

Harry grinned. “Can you do me a favour? Can you go up into the master bedroom at Potter Manor and get my pensive out of the trunk at the end of the bed?”

Dobby nodded. “Oh yes, sir, I is coming right back.” He disappeared again and a few minutes later he appeared back with the pensive. “Here it is, sir.”

Harry smiled. “Thanks Dobby, that’s all for now.”

“Bye Harry Potter, sir.” He glared at the Dursleys for a moment before he was gone again.

Harry placed the pensive on the table in front of them. Then he stood up. “Don’t touch it, I’ll be right back.” He got down on his knees and threw floo powder into the fire, sending his head sailing to McGonagall’s office, who looked up in surprise.

“Potter, what can I do for you?”

“Professor, my aunt and uncle want to know about my life, can I show them memories in my pensive, since their muggles I wasn’t sure?” Harry asked.

Dumbledore’s portrait spoke from the wall and Harry realized that he had not spoken to him in quite a while. “Yes Harry, muggles can be shown things in the pensive. Go right ahead.”

Harry smiled. “Thank you, sir.” He turned back to McGonagall. “I might be here for a while.”

McGonagall nodded. “Understood. See you later.”

Harry nodded and disappeared again, standing up from his aching knees and wandering back over to the table and sitting down. “Alright, this is a pensive. It is something where you can place memories and thoughts into so that you can view them more clearly.”

“Where did you just go?” Uncle Vernon asked.

“To make sure that you could use it since you’re not a wizard.”

“But your head disappeared and you were still here?” Uncle Vernon asked nervously.

Harry nodded. “I know, it’s a way of communication for wizards. Now I’m going to place some memories in here and we will then watch them, like a movie, understood?”

Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia nodded. “Yes.”

“Okay.” Harry said. He pointed his wand to his head and concentrated on all of the memories that he had for the first eleven years of his life, before going to Hogwarts, and he placed them in one at a time. This took about twenty minutes. Once he was done he turned to them. “Alright now stick your hand into this liquid.” He said as he stirred it with his wand and within seconds the three of them were standing in Godric’s Hollow. “Now it’s a memory so these people can’t see us or hear us. We are just bystanders who watch what goes on.”

Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia nodded as they watched. The first memory was the kitchen scene of Harry, Lily, and James. The scenes flashed by through the happy memories to the night of James and Lily’s death; to the day Harry was dropped off at the Dursleys; to how Dudley tortured him his entire life; to Aunt Marge’s dog Ripper chasing Harry up a tree; to Harry’s horrible life at muggle school without friends because of Dudley’s threats; to Harry’s few times he used magic and didn’t realize; to the dreams he had of his life with his parents, that flash of green light that he couldn’t quite recall; to the unlimited chores he was forced to do everyday; to the nights and days he spent locked in his cupboard; to the days Dudley used him as a human punching bag when he hadn’t run away fast enough; to the day he set the boa constructor on his cousin; to the day that the first letter arrived; and to when Hagrid appeared in the shack on the sea and told him everything. When he pulled them out, two hours later, they were in shock.

Harry let them think about what they had seen as he replaced all of the memories before placing memories from his last seven years at Hogwarts and the summers in between into his pensive.

“You remember seeing your parents’ death?” Aunt Petunia asked, tears in her eyes.

Harry nodded. “I didn’t at first, until I met the Dementors in my third year, which force you to relive your worse memory, and that happened to be mine. It explained a lot, as I used to have nightmares about laughter and a flash of green light. I believe you’ll be able to see the Dementors in the pensive because it’s my memory and I can see them. Are you ready to see more?”

Both nodded, so Harry waited for them to enter the pensive with him again. Memories began to flash all over again. It started with Harry leaving the shack with Hagrid, where he went, what he learnt and how he got all of his school things; flashes of the Dursleys and their fear of him when he got back; how he had met the Weasleys at King’s Cross; his first day on the train meeting Ron and Hermione; the sorting hat; brief look at his classes; Quidditch; the troll adventure on Halloween; receiving the invisibility cloak and his adventure discovering the three headed dog; what they learned about the Philosopher’s Stone; how he stopped Voldemort from getting it, and how he got through the many obstacles with his friends before arriving at the stone; the feast and the return to the Dursleys; how Dobby had appeared and caused the ruckus at the dinner party; how Harry was locked in his room for days with bars on his window; how Ron, Fred, and George had come to rescue him in the flying car; how the Weasleys all liked him and his time at the Burrow; how he and Ron couldn’t get through the barrier at King’s Cross and had to take a flying car to school; how the whomping willow attack them; how they had almost got expelled; how Ron had received the Howler; the Death Day party; how the Chamber of Secrets had been opened and how everyone suspected Harry; the duelling club and Harry’s discovery that he could speak Parseltongue; how they had discovered Riddle’s Diary; how they had solved the mystery; how Harry and Ron had dragged Lockhart down into the chamber; how Harry had slayed the basilisk and rescued Ginny; how he returned to the Dursleys and was forced to put up with Aunt Marge; how he blew her up; how he got onto the Knight Bus and arrived at the Leaky Cauldron only to be found by the Minister of Magic himself; how he learned that Sirius Black had escaped to kill him; how Harry met Lupin; how he had met the Dementors on the train; how Sirius had broken into the castle; how Harry learned how to repel the Dementors; how Harry discovered the real secret about Sirius Black; how he helped Sirius escape and saved Buckbeak; and how he once again returned to the Dursleys.

Harry’s slight taunting of his new godfather being a mass murderer and the Dursleys fear of him; how the letter had arrived from the Weasleys to go to the Quidditch World Cup; how the Weasleys had blown up the Dursley’s living room and given Dudley Ton Tongue Toffee; the Quidditch World Cup; how the Dark Mark had appeared in the sky and Harry had learned what it was; how they had returned to Hogwarts and learned about the Tri Wizard Tournament; how the two schools of Durmstrang and Beauxbatons had arrived; how Harry was chosen as the fourth champion; the first task; the second task; the third task; how Harry had watched Voldemort come back to life; how Harry had escaped and told Dumbledore everything; how he had been trapped in a room with the impostor Mad Eye Moody; how he had learned that Snape was a Death Eater; how Sirius became known to the Weasleys; how he returned to the Dursleys and was angry at being kept in the dark; how no news of Voldemort seemed to be anywhere; how the Dementors had arrived in Little Whinging and he had stopped them from kissing Dudley; how the Order members had faked the contest so that the Dursleys would be gone when they came to rescue him; how he had arrived at Grimmauld Place and learned slightly what had been going on; how they went back to school and Harry was considered to be a pathological liar; how he had stood up to Umbridge only to be forced to write lines; how they started the D.A.; how he began to have visions of Voldemort and what he was doing; his Occulmency lessons with Snape; his adventure at the Ministry of Magic and watching Sirius’ death; how he learned about the prophecy; how he blamed himself; how he returned to the Dursleys and Dumbledore came to rescue him; how they talked to the Dursleys briefly; how they went to go see Horace Slughorn; how Harry was allowed to return to the Burrow; how they arrived at school and learned that Snape was the new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher; Harry’s lessons with Dumbledore and what he had learned about Voldemort; his discovery of the Half-Blood prince; how he began to start dating Ginny; how he was Quidditch captain; how he went with Dumbledore to get the horcrux; how they arrived at the castle to find a battle; how Dumbledore was killed; the funeral and how Harry had broken up with Ginny; Harry asking her to come back to him on the train; Harry’s return to the Dursleys.

The chores he did non-stop at the Dursleys; his conversation with Aunt Petunia; how Ginny and Lupin had come and how he learned about his wealth; his return to Grimmauld Place and his lessons; Bill and Fleur’s wedding at the Burrow; how Ron and Hermione had finally gotten together; Harry, Ron, and Hermione’s adventure to Little Hangleton, Godric’s Hollow, and Potter Manor; the return to school; Harry’s lessons and the increase in what he was learning; Harry learning that he was voted the Sexiest Teen Wizard Alive; Quidditch; the horcruxes and the talk with Snape; the talks with Dumbledore and the discovery of the horcruxes one by one; Harry’s proposal to Ginny; the Weasley’s reaction to their engagement; the fight with the Death Eaters at the Gaunt House; the preparations of war with the D.A. and the Order; the battle; the end of Voldemort; and rounding up the Death Eaters; the celebrations; winning the Quidditch Cup; Lupin and Tonks’ wedding; being scouted and being offered tons of Quidditch jobs; McGonagall telling him about the Dursleys; Harry and Ginny going to get them from the police station; bringing them to Potter Manor; Harry finding Ginny as a cat and learning what happened; Harry attacking Dudley and Lupin pulling him away; Harry telling Ginny’s brothers about Dudley; the attack on Dudley in the yard; the end of his exams; the acceptance of a seeker position on the Pride of Portree; McGonagall telling him that the Dursleys wanted to talk to him alone; and Harry arriving in the kitchen of Grimmauld Place.

He pulled them out of the pensive once more and once again began to place the memories back into his head. This took about half an hour. When he was done he glanced at his watch and realized that it was almost eight o’clock that evening. “Well, that’s my whole life… basically. Fun isn’t it?”

Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon just stared at Harry for the longest time. Finally Aunt Petunia spoke. “You did all that? You killed Voldemort?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I did. My life has not been easy. The first thing that I learned from Hagrid was that I was famous, famous for something that I didn’t even remember, famous for surviving where no one else had. Since I had survived, people wanted me dead, and for the last seven years I’ve been working with that and living with that. Now Voldemort is dead and other than a few escaped Death Eaters, I think that I’m pretty safe. For once in my life, I’m happy. And for the first time ever, I don’t have to spend the summer with you.”

Uncle Vernon nodded. “Harry … I’m glad we understand your life now. Don’t get me wrong, I mean, we should have asked a long time ago. But I’ve realized something today. You have everything that I’ve always wanted Dudley to have. You have goals, a promising career ahead of you, a beautiful and intelligent fiancée, a beautiful house, and money to boot. So what I want to know is where I went wrong? Why is Dudley so mean to other people? Why did Dudley … why did he try to rape someone?”

“So you actually believe that your precious Duddikins tried to rape Ginny? That is a step up; usually you just deny it all together.” Harry said.

“I know. Harry, Dudley beats up people all of the time, usually they aren’t even half his size and are usually younger. I thought that the boxing title would get him away from that, but it hasn’t.”

Harry sighed. “Look, I’m not a counsellor or anything, but I think it has to do with the way you treated me.”

“What do you mean?” Aunt Petunia asked.

“Well, you were never nice to me, always made me feel inferior to Dudley. I was picked on, you had no problem with letting Dudley beat me up and then we went to school. Well, you had always let Dudley beat me up, so why shouldn’t he be able to beat up other kids if they don’t do what he wants? Why shouldn’t he be able to hit others when they talk to me and he told them not to?” Harry explained. “Do you see where I’m going with this? Then on top of that, when the teachers wrote home or called home and told you what Dudley was doing you were both all, ‘oh no Duddy would never hurt a fly’. You both knew he would.”

Aunt Petunia paled and tears welled up in her eyes. “God Vernon, he’s right. We’ve ignored it from the beginning.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, you did. And on top of that, he was your only child, so you spoiled him and ignored me. By doing so, Dudley has always felt more superior, and remember those tantrums that he used to pull when he didn’t get what he wanted, or if he didn’t have one more present then he did the year before. Personally, I think that this has only fuelled his problems. But honestly, I knew that he was staring at Ginny, lusting after her, undressing her with his eyes, but I never thought for even a second that he would try to force himself on her.”

“We never expected that either.” Uncle Vernon replied. “And when we saw you attacking Dudley like that out in the yard, we were so shocked and angry then when you mentioned what he did.” Uncle Vernon gulped. “He needs help, Harry.”

“Yeah, he does. I think that he should talk to a psychiatrist or something. But I think a magical one might be best, since he knows a lot about the wizarding world. Otherwise someone is going to declare him legally insane.”

Aunt Petunia nodded. “Thank you, Harry.”

“Yeah, well, for the first time you guys want to do the right thing so, I’ll help. Ginny starts interning at St. Mungo’s in the summer so I will get her to check someone out. In the meantime, you guys are staying here until the Death Eaters are caught.”

Uncle Vernon grasped Harry’s hand in his and shook it. “I really appreciate this, Potter; I know that I have always treated you like … well, like shit. But really, this means so much to Petunia and I, and I suppose … well, we would like to be a part of your life. That is, if you’ll have us.”

Harry smiled. “Sure. Look when I figure things out for the game, I’ll send you an owl and same goes with the counsellor. And well … Ginny asked before and … I would really like it if you two came to our wedding. I don’t want Dudley there, and I’m sure you understand that considering the circumstances with Ginny, but I would like for you to come.”

Aunt Petunia smiled. “We’d love to, Harry. We really would.”

Harry grinned. “Great, well I have to head back to school.” He took the charms off the door and sighed. “This was an … odd day … but yeah, I need to go. See you.”

“Harry, wait!” Aunt Petunia said before he could leave.

Harry turned to look at her. “Yeah?”

“Thank you so much for everything that you have done. You’ve made both Vernon and I realize the mistakes that we made, both with you and with Dudley, and there’s nothing that we can do to possibly make it up to you. But we’d like to try. Harry, Vernon and I would really like to be a part of your life. Maybe, you could … write to us from time to time?”

Harry smiled at his aunt; this was what he had always wanted, a chance for a family with his aunt and uncle, he wanted them to be a part of his life. He sighed; he had just never known that that had been what he had wanted. “Sure. See you later.” He waved goodbye and was surprised when his aunt pulled him close for a tight hug and then kissed his cheek. He grinned at her and then he stepped into the fire, thinking that this was the weirdest day of his entire life, and he wondered how life would be with he and the Dursleys being on friendly terms. He grinned; well hopefully it would be much better then before.
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear