Search:

SIYE Time:7:04 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324690; Chapter Total: 13111





Author's Notes:
A/N: I don't know where I got this idea from, but I thought it was cute and in another way, another link to Harry's past. Please review! NEWLY EDITED!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter V - Harry and the Potters

Harry felt a wave of emotion erupting from his chest. His parents had portraits! They were here in front of him, where he could talk to them. How come he had never known? Why didn’t anyone tell him? Why was he forced to live sixteen years without his parents, when he could have at least talked to their portraits for comfort when he needed them?

James Potter seemed to know what was running through his son’s mind because he sighed. “Harry, Lily I and thought that it was for the best that you didn’t know about Potter Manor until you turned seventeen. The same goes for our portraits. Remus, however, obviously told you a little sooner then expected.”

Lily Potter nodded. “Yes, sweetheart, you see, we thought that if you knew about being able to talk to us that you wouldn’t stay with Petunia and it was important that you stay with my sister, Harry. You were safe there!”

“I don’t know, Lily,” James said casually as he walked over into his wife’s portrait. “I think Harry would have been much happier living with Remus and Sirius.”

“James! I told you, I was not having my son raised by two such irresponsible men! No matter how caring and loving they were. At least Petunia would take care of him like a mother would!”

Harry shook his head in disbelief. His parents were here in front of him, well sort of, but they thought that the Dursleys had taken good care of him. “Yeah right, Aunt Petunia mother me, is that a joke or something?”

“What do you mean?” Lily asked. “Petunia would have mothered you, I asked her too. She was such a loving mother to young Dudley.”

Harry shrugged, anger building up inside of him and before he could stop himself he was yelling at his parents. “THAT DOESN’T MEAN THAT SHE WOULD HAVE MOTHERED ME! THE DURSLEYS HAVE TREATED ME LIKE TRASH MY ENTIRE LIFE! AUNT PETUNIA NEVER MOTHERED ME! SHE NEVER SHOWED ME THAT SHE CARED ABOUT ME ONCE IN HER ENTIRE EXISTENCE! WHEN I LEFT TODAY SHE ACTUALLY SAID ‘TAKE CARE’ AND SUGGEST THAT I WRITE! I COULDN’T EVEN BELIEVE THAT SHE WOULD SHOW ME THAT COURTESY! DO YOU KNOW HOW I LIVED THERE? THAT HOUSE HAS FOUR BEDROOMS, FOUR! I SLEPT FOR TEN YEARS IN A CUPBOARD UNDER THE STAIRS! I NEVER GOT ANY GIFTS OR TOYS, EXCEPT FOR OLD BROKEN THINGS THAT DUDLEY DIDN’T WANT ANYMORE! I NEVER GOT MY OWN CLOTHES, I ALWAYS HAD TO WEAR DUDLEY’S OLD STUFF AND HE’S AT LEAST FIVE SIZES BIGGER THAN I AM! SHE NEVER CARED FOR ME NOT ONCE! HOW COULD YOU MAKE ME GO LIVE THERE? I WASN’T ALLOWED TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS! EVERY TIME I ASKED ABOUT YOU THE ONLY THING THAT I WAS TOLD WAS THAT YOU HAD DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT AND TO STOP ASKING QUESTIONS! QUESTIONS WERE FORBIDDEN! I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW THAT I WAS WIZARD UNTIL ABOUT TEN MILLION HOGWARTS LETTERS, THAT THEY WOULDN’T LET ME READ, KEPT ARRIVING, THEY JUST KEPT BURNING THE LETTERS BECAUSE THEY DIDN’T WANT ME TO KNOW! HAGRID HAD TO COME AND GET ME IN PERSON! THAT’S WHEN I LEARNED EVERYTHING, WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THE NIGHT YOU DIED!”

Lily looked shocked, and tears were pouring down her face, James however, looked angry. “First off, you can apologize to your mother; you don’t have any right to talk to her like that. Second, Harry, how could we have known that they would treat you like that?”

Harry looked down at the floor, guilt running through his veins. His dad was right, he shouldn’t have yelled at his mother. “I’m sorry, Mum.”

Lily nodded. “It’s okay, Harry. Petunia… she was never nice… not once? What about when you were sick or something? She must have taken good care of you then, right?”

Harry shrugged. “Well, today she’s been nice, it was odd actually. She told me to take care of myself. It was the nicest thing she ever said to me. I’ve only been sick a couple of times, once, I had a fever of 104 and Uncle Vernon made me go sit out in the snow, said maybe if I just froze to death all of his worries would be gone. I was about seven, I guess. Anyway, after about half an hour, Aunt Petunia told me to come into the house. She made me a bowl of soup, and sent me to bed. I guess that was pretty nice.” Harry said almost to himself, as if he was lost in thought.

James looked furious. “Lily! Look at how those prats treated our son!”

Lupin stepped into the corridor and grinned at Harry before turning to his friend. “James, they did a lot worse. Harry, I’m afraid, has been leaving out all of the bad things.” Lupin turned to Harry. “Haven’t you?”

“There’s more?” Lily asked in shock, tears still pouring down her cheeks. “Oh James, what did we do?” She wrapped her arms around her husband and hugged him close.

Harry sighed. “I’m sorry, Mum. I won’t tell you what other stuff they did, it will just upset you too much.” He was quiet for a moment. “I like the house.”

James smiled, understanding that Harry did not want to bring up the past and hurt his mother any more. “It belongs to you now, Harry. One day, your portrait will be up here. Of course, you’ll have to have one made. So Remus, why did you bring Harry here before he turns seventeen? If my calculations are correct, it is only the beginning of July, not the end.”

Lupin grinned. “Well, I picked him up from his aunt and uncle’s house early and I told him about his fortune. He inherited some more things from Dumbledore, so I just figured that I might as well tell him all at once.”

Harry nodded. “I still can’t believe he’s gone. Remus, well Dumbledore, he was showing me things that he said I needed to know for when I fight Voldemort.”

James shook his head. “You know what you need to know, Harry? You need to know how to become more powerful, Remus will help you, won’t you Moony?”

Lupin nodded. “Harry and I already had this conversation Prongs. We’re going to work on him getting Auror training so that he can defeat Voldemort. Harry is already extremely powerful and I hate to break it to you, but much smarter and stronger than you were James.”

Lily laughed, and the rich sound of it sounded like music to Harry’s ears. “Well, come now, Remus, we don’t need to hurt James' ego, now do we? Harry, honey, I want you to know that I am so very proud of you. You’ve grown up into such a handsome young man.” When Harry grinned broadly she sighed. “Oh dear, James, he’s got that devilish grin of yours.”

James grinned. “Good, it works well on the ladies.” He winked at Harry and Harry felt himself blush.

“But Harry already has a lady, James.” Lupin replied.

Harry blushed deeper as Lily smiled at him. “Oh, what’s her name Harry? Is she really sweet?”

He nodded at his mum, wondering why this felt so normal but so embarrassing at the same time. “Yes, she’s beautiful too. Her name is Ginny, and she’s a year younger than me. Ginny Weasley, I’ve known her since I was eleven.”

Lily smiled. “That’s wonderful, sweetheart. I’m sure she’s a lovely girl.”

Andrew Potter appeared in James portrait with a beautiful fiery red-haired woman. “James, make your wife stop talking about such sap! Leave the boy be!”

“Now Andy that is our grandson you’re talking about. He hasn’t seen his parents in a long time; he needs to tell them about these things.” The woman replied, smiling warmly at Harry. “Hello Harry dear, I’m Gwen, you’re grandmother.”

Harry noticed that she had the same hazel coloured eyes as his father, but it was his grandfather that seemed to have the jet-black hair that stood all on end like James and Harry’s hair did. “Hello.”

Gwen smiled at him. “So what’s this I hear everyone saying about Voldemort? He’s back then?”

Harry nodded. “Yes ma’am, I mean… Gran.”

Gwen grinned broadly. “Oh I like the sound of that. Gran,” She giggled girlishly. “Oh I do! So Remus, do you think Harry is ready to fight him? Considering he’s a Potter I would say so.”

Lupin laughed. “Not yet, though he has escaped from Voldemort five times. So I guess one can never know.”

“FIVE TIMES! Good grief, boy, you are a natural talent, ain’t ya! Well, come on now, I want to hear all the details!” Andrew exclaimed. “After all, the Potters have always been known for their incredible bravery!”

Harry blushed and began to explain to his parents and grandparents everything that he had done in the wizarding world starting with his first year: how he had met Ron and Hermione, and how together they had gotten past all of the obstacles in the castle; how he had met Quirrell and how he had gotten the Philosopher’s Stone, stealing it from Voldemort, therefore preventing him from returning to power; how he had become the youngest seeker in a century; and how he had become instant enemies with Draco Malfoy.

In his second year: how he had realized that he could speak Parseltongue; how he had found Tom Riddle’s Diary; how he and Ron had discovered the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets, where they had gone in; how he almost had his memory vanished from Professor Lockhart; how he had learned that Tom Riddle was Voldemort; how he had killed a basilisk, and, rescued Ginny; how Fawkes had saved him from the snake poison; how he had destroyed the diary, which he later discovered was a horcrux; and how he had freed Dobby.

In his third year: when he had won the Quidditch Cup; how he had learned that Sirius had not really betrayed his parents, but Wormtail had; how he had helped Sirius escape; how he had met Lupin; how he had learned to conjure a patronous; how he had gotten the Marauder’s Map; and how he had discovered more about his own past, with the memories that the Dementors forced him to remember.

In his fourth year: how he had gone to the Quidditch World Cup, where the Dark Mark had appeared in the sky; how he had been entered into the Tri Wizard Tournament; how he had gotten through the tasks; how he had witnessed Voldemort’s rebirth; how he had seen his parents’ shadows come out of Voldemort’s wand; how he had made it back to Hogwarts, and the trouble with the impostor Mad Eye Moody; how no one from the Ministry of Magic had believed him about Voldemort being back; and how Rita Skeeter had told lies about him all year long, which only festered later on, when the Ministry refused to believe him.

In his fifth year: how he had lived at Grimmauld Place, and learned about the Order of the Phoenix; how he had started seeing things inside of Voldemort’s mind; how he had saved Arthur Weasley because of his vision; how Dolores Umbridge had tried to have him killed; how Umbridge had taken over the school, and refused to teach them any defence; how he had formed a secret defence group to teach other students how to protect themselves, Dumbledore’s Army, which they called the D.A. for short; how he started a disaster of a relationship with Cho Chang; how he had fallen into Voldemort’s trap, and gone to the Ministry of Magic thinking that Sirius was being killed there; how he had fought the Death Eaters, watched Sirius die, and then was possessed by Voldemort; and how he learned about the prophecy.

In his sixth year: how he had started taking lessons with Dumbledore; about how he had become Quidditch captain; about how he finally started dating Ginny; about the horcruxes; about the things he had learned about Voldemort himself; and, how he watched Snape murder Dumbledore. When he was done, the portraits were staring at him in awe. Finally, his grandfather spoke.

“Remus! Why didn’t you tell us all any of this? Why my grandson’s gone and made himself a hero!” Andrew stated proudly, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes.

“I thought it might be better for him to tell you himself.” Lupin replied.

James grinned at his son. “Harry, I could not be more proud of you then I am right at this moment. You were forced to grow up way sooner than you needed to, but, I’m proud of you. You have proven not only that you’re capable of more than most adults, but that you should be treated as one. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I love you, Harry.”

Harry nodded, tears burning at the back of his eyes, as he turned to look at his mum. “Your father couldn’t have said it better. I love you, sweetheart and I am so proud of you! No matter what happens in the end, please understand that we love you, and we only want what’s best for you. You take care of that girl of yours, and when the time comes, let her stand by you, it will make all the difference in the world.”

James laughed. “Well, actually, if this Ginny is anything like your mother, if you don’t let her stand by you, she’ll just hex you and do it anyway.”

Harry laughed. “Yeah, that sounds like Ginny.”

Gwen smiled at him. “Harry dear, I want you to know that we are always here when you need someone to talk to, but remember, we’re not the people we once were, we’re simply a portrait that can talk and has all the memories of the people we once were.”

Andrew nodded. “Yes, well put, Gwendolynn. Well, I’m tired; it’s after one, you know. I’m off to get some shut eye. Coming, Gwen dear?”

Gwen nodded. “Yes Andy. It was nice to see you, Harry. Take care of yourself.” She blew him a kiss and left the portrait, following her husband back into the dining room.

James nodded. “Yeah, it is kind of late. Remus, why don’t you show Harry the rest of the house, and then get him back to Sirius’s scary place so he can get some sleep? Harry, it was a nice visit, so come back and see us again when you have a chance. I’m proud of you, son.”

Lily smiled as she watched James move back into his portrait. “Me too, Harry. I love you, I’ll see you later.”

Harry watched her walk farther into her portrait until she disappeared, also, leaving the corridor to seem very empty.

“Would you like to see the rest of the house, Harry?” Maddy asked, causing Harry to jump. He had completely forgotten that she was still here.

“Yeah I would.” He turned to Lupin and smiled at him. “Thanks for bringing me here; it means a lot to me.”

Lupin nodded. “No problem, Harry. Come on, there’s only the kitchen left to see, and the grounds, of course. Did you know that there are two swimming pools, one inside and one outside, and, that you have your own Quidditch pitch?”

Harry grinned as he followed Lupin and Maddy down the corridor. It had been an interesting day, all in all and he couldn’t wait to get to the Burrow so that he could tell Ron, Hermione, and Ginny all about it.
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear