Search:

SIYE Time:10:45 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324697; Chapter Total: 9061





Author's Notes:
A/N: Hey everyone, Dramaking341 has written a fan fic so everyone needs to go check it out, its called Harry Potter and the Fate of the Chosen One by dramaking341 – go check it out I highly recommend it! I hope you enjoy the chapter below – please review. newly edited




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter L – Families and Birthdays

The weeks of July flew by quickly and Ginny and Molly had the wedding plans almost complete. They had been working almost non-stop to get everything organized and Harry suspected that Ginny was suddenly working harder on the plans not only to plan the wedding quickly, but also to take her mum’s mind off of the Burrow, which she kept thinking of from time to time. Molly also was still worried that the Death Eaters who had attacked her and the fact that they had yet to be caught. She never said it out loud, but it was easy to tell that she was a little nervous to be alone.

With magic, construction was built so much faster and the Burrow was now restored to its original uniqueness. It had only taken two weeks for them to get it completed and soon Molly, Arthur, Ron, Charlie, and Ginny were living there again. Harry missed having them underfoot in his own home, which seemed very large and empty once he had it to himself again (he didn’t count the Dursleys as he tried to pretend that they weren’t there whenever he could), but Hermione had only smiled at him and said soon he would have Ginny there all of the time. He grinned to himself at the thought.

Hermione had gone to stay with her parents for a few weeks as she had yet to be home with them since school ended. Ron had gone with her to visit since they were engaged and by the look of abject horror on his friend’s face, Harry figured that he was terrified. He was glad that when he had to meet the parents, he had already known them. But then again, he knew that he could have gone through anything if it meant having Ginny in his life.

Molly was doing so much better now that she had the Burrow back. She was fixing things up and hanging curtains and reorganizing her household. Ginny had mentioned to Harry how much better she was doing and that she was glad to see her mum calm again, even if they were making sure that her mum was never alone in the house. If Molly noticed this, she never said anything about it and Harry suspected that she was glad to never quite be alone in her home again while the Death Eaters were still running free. She probably felt much safer at the thought of someone else being there.

Harry’s mind had been bombarded with Quidditch strategies and practices, helping the Weasleys move their things back to the Burrow, and of course with his and Ginny’s wedding plans for weeks now. Ginny knew that she had free reign on what was happening with the wedding, but Harry realized that he still had things to do. He sighed as he recalled the conversation that he and Ginny had had the night before about what he had to do.

“Harry, there are still things that you have to do. You know that I’m handling pretty much everything I can, but some stuff you’ve got to do on your own.” Ginny had said as she sat cuddled on his lap in the study of Potter Manor.

Harry sighed. “What’s that?”

Ginny smiled up at him. “Honey, you need someone to give you away. I mean, it’s not as dramatic as the bride or anything but, well, you don’t have to, but I thought you might like it … not everyone does it … but I just, Harry, I think that you should have someone give you away.”

Harry swallowed as he looked down at her. “Something that my parents would have done if they were around?”

Ginny nodded. “Yes.”

Harry was quiet for a while, but Ginny couldn’t see his face because he held her close against him, his lips in her hair. Finally, after what seemed like ages he spoke. “Can I ask Remus and Tonks, they are … well, like my godparents I guess?”

Ginny grinned. “They would be honoured. And I can’t think of anyone else who deserves to give you away.” She managed to wiggle his grip lose enough to turn around and kiss him softly. “Next, you need to choose your best man and some groomsmen.”

Harry grinned. “Well, Ron’s my best man naturally.”

“Have you asked him?”

“Well, no, but —“

“Harry, you have to ask him and of course the groomsmen too.” Ginny replied.

Harry turned to look at her. “Well, have you asked people yet?”

Ginny nodded. “Of course. Hermione is my Maid of Honour, and my bridesmaids are Luna, Lavender, Parvati, and Fleur.”

“Oh, well … I don’t know, I guess I could just match up the bridesmaids with their boyfriends. I mean Neville, Seamus, and Dean, I would have asked them anyway and I suppose that I could ask Bill to stand with Fleur.” Harry replied thoughtfully. “I know that you used to be really close to Bill, well still are close to Bill, and I guess you might like having him in the wedding party.”

Ginny smiled up at him. “He has always been my favourite brother, which is why I included Fleur and well I was in her wedding. Is that all organized then, those are who you want as groomsmen for sure?”

Harry shrugged. “I guess so. I didn’t realize there were so many questions to be answered. I’m not leaving any one important out am I?”

Ginny laughed and kissed him softly. “Yes, there is and no you’re not leaving anyone important out. Now for your dress robes, do you want to wear black?”

Harry grinned and leaned down to nuzzle her neck. “I will wear anything that you want me too.”

Ginny grinned at him with mischief dancing in her eyes. “Even if I want you to stand up there starkers in a funny orange bobble hat?”

Harry laughed. “Sure, why not?”

“Liar!” Ginny said, kissing him again. “Okay, then if you want me to choose then I will. I’ll just send you, and all of your groomsmen to be fitted for your robes when it is organized.”

Harry grinned. “Sounds good to me.” Then before she had been able to slide away, he had captured her mouth in his again.

Harry grinned as he thought about it and then took a deep breath as he knocked on the front door of Grimmauld Place. He decided to ask Remus and Tonks right away since he had some errands to run in London anyway. How exactly did one ask what he wanted to ask anyway? He shrugged and sighed; he had to talk to Remus and Tonks now before his nerves ran out. Ginny had offered to come with him so that he would have support when he asked them, but he wanted to do this by himself. He wasn’t sure why he was nervous but he was. He grinned at Tonks when she pulled open the door. She was almost five months along now and because of her slim frame it was easy to tell that she was pregnant.

“Hey Tonks, how are you?”

Tonks grinned and pulled Harry close for a hug. “I’m doing great, Harry, come on in.” Harry stepped inside and Tonks led him into the living room. “Have a seat, I’ll go and find Remus, he’s knee deep in research at the moment. Would you like a butterbeer or some tea or something?”

Harry nodded. “Sure, I’ll just have whatever you’re having.”

Tonks grinned and hurried out of the room. Harry looked around the room again, pleased to see that the two of them had turned this terrible house into a home. He twisted his hands uncomfortably in his lap and then looked up when Tonks came back in with three cups of tea.

“Here ya go, Harry. Remus is on his way.”

Harry took the tea from her smiled. “Thanks. So what is Remus so busy researching?”

“Cures. He’s met with some scientists and researchers and some people think that they may have found a cure for lycanthropy. He’s trying not to get his hopes up, but he’s working hard.” She explained as she sipped her tea.

Harry nodded. “That would be great if he found a cure. Then you two could live completely normal lives.”

Tonks shrugged. “I told him that I don’t care either way. I love him just the way he is, wolf and all, but if he can find a way to stop the change every month it will be interesting.”

Harry grinned. “You’re trying not to get your hopes up too, eh? Don’t worry about it, he’s not going to try any dangerous methods, he has you and his unborn baby to worry about.”

Tonks smiled. “I know. Oh! I didn’t tell you! Healer Davis, the maternity healer that I’m seeing, he told me that we’re having a baby boy.”

Harry grinned. “That’s awesome! Congratulations! Now that you know he’s a boy you can name him Harry.”

Tonks laughed. “Maybe. We’re leaning towards Daniel, after my grandfather. I was really close to him you know.”

“Daniel is a nice name.”

“Thanks.” She grinned when Remus came in. “And here’s daddy now.”

Remus grinned and bent over to hug Harry. “Harry, how are you doing?”

Harry smiled. “Fine, I figured I’d stop by for a bit.”

“Well, you are always welcome here. So what’s new?”

Harry shrugged. “A lot is new actually. The Burrow has been rebuilt and we helped the Weasleys get settled again yesterday. Molly is much happier now to be in her own home. She didn’t know what to do with herself at Potter Manor with the house elves always doing all the chores. But now that she is back in her own home she seems to be doing so much better, and someone is always at the Burrow with her, not that anything would happen again, but we want her to be safe. She and Ginny have got most of the wedding plans complete as well.”

Tonks smiled warmly. “Wedding plans, blimey Harry, I still can’t believe that you’re getting married! Ginny is just perfect for you too.”

Harry grinned. “I know; I love her more than anything. Speaking of the wedding, I er … well, I wanted to ask you two something.”

Remus nodded at Harry. “Of course, what can we do for you?”

Harry swallowed nervously before he spoke. “Well, Ginny and I were talking last night about the wedding and who would be there and all that and she mentioned my parents. Well, they’re gone and so is Sirius and well … I look at you two, I guess as my … well … hell, Remus, you took over Sirius’ job as godfather, and I look at you like I did him, as a brother or a friend or a father. Ever since you married Tonks, she has … well, you’re both really important to me, and well my only real family other then the Weasleys. So I was just wondering, if maybe you would … could you two give me away at the wedding like my parents would if they were here?” He finally blurted out.

Tonks eyes filled up with tears as she jumped up to pull Harry into a warm hug. “Damn these hormones! I’ve become nothing more then a human hosepipe! Oh Harry, I am so honoured that you would think of me like that and well … oh of course we will!”

Remus nodded at Harry, tears in his eyes as well. “We would love to. Nothing would make us happier, and I’m honoured that you would ask me to do so in the place of James and Lily.” When Tonks moved away, Remus pulled Harry into a warm hug. “I love you like a son, Harry.”

Tears welled up in Harry’s eyes before he could stop them and he held Remus close. Then a thought came into his mind, something that he wondered why he had never thought of in the first place. “Remus, would you and Tonks become my legal godparents?”

Tonks ran into Harry’s arms again and he laughed. “You want me to be your godmother, really?”

Harry shrugged, thinking how awesome it would be to have someone as crazy as Tonks as his godmother. “Yeah, I would.” He looked up at Remus for confirmation and he was rewarded with a warm and happy smile.

“We would love too.”

Harry grinned. “Great, er, how do I go about doing that?”

Remus laughed. “We just go down to the Ministry of Magic and change it. It won’t take long. You want me to be your godfather?”

Harry shrugged. “In my heart you took Sirius’ place a while ago. I mean, I will always love Sirius, but you’ve been there for me when he couldn’t be and when my parents couldn’t be. I would love nothing better if I could make it legal. I love you both.”

Remus grinned. “Well, let’s go get this taken care of.”

Two hours later, Harry walked out of the Ministry of Magic with his two godparents. He grinned at the thought and then laughed when Tonks launched herself into his arms again to hug him.

“How totally awesome is this? I mean, we’re your godparents, and you’re going to be the godfather of our son! We love you, Harry.”

Harry hugged her back. “I love you too.”

Remus smiled. “Well, I suppose we better head back to Grimmauld Place. Harry would you like to stay for dinner?”

Harry grinned. “I’d love to, but I’ve got to run a few errands for the day and I promised Molly and Arthur I would be there for dinner tonight. Oh! I forgot!” He reached into his pocket and pulled out two tickets to the Quidditch Ball on his birthday. “There’s this huge party for all of the Quidditch teams and their families on July 31st at the ministry, these are your invitations. I’d really love it if you guys can come. If not it’s no big deal, but I think it will be fun.”

Tonks laughed. “We’ll be there! How else are we going to brag about our talented godson?”

Harry grinned. “Thanks.” He hugged them both goodbye and kissed Tonks on the cheek. “I’ll see you two later and take care of my godson.”

Remus smiled. “We will, and same goes.”

Harry laughed and waved goodbye before he Disapparated on the spot.

********

Harry spent the rest of the day getting his errands done. He went to the bank to make sure that Ginny had full access to everything; which she did of course as he had already made sure of it. He also checked over his will, which he had made it so that other than a few select things going to certain people, Ginny inherited the entire estate of Potter and Black. He then went and bought some treats for Hedwig and Fawkes, as well as some food for Duvessa and Arnold. He managed to track down Seamus, Neville, and Dean and ask them to stand in his wedding. All of them agreed, grinning broadly at the idea of Harry getting married. His last stop of the day was Gringotts where he had a meeting with Bill Weasley.

Bill grinned at him when he walked into his office. “Hey Harry, how’s it going?”

Harry grinned back. “Alright, your sister is bombarding me with wedding plans.”

Bill laughed. “Well, at least Ginny is calm about it. Fleur was a nightmare.”

Harry laughed as well and took a seat across from him. “Yeah, Ginny told me that if she ever got as crazy as Fleur did then I was supposed to kill her. I told her that I didn’t think that was going to happen and that no matter how crazy she got I wasn’t going to be killing her.”

Bill laughed. “Yeah, I was waiting for Gin to knock Fleur out at some point. Those two didn’t get a long so well.”

Harry grinned. “Yeah, well they get along well now. Look, I know you’re busy but um, Ginny told me that she asked Fleur to be a bridesmaid in the wedding and well, I’m one groomsman short. I know that you’re really close to Ginny, and I figured that you might want to be partnered with your wife, so would you like to stand in the wedding as my fourth groomsmen?”

Bill grinned. “Yeah Harry, I’d love to. Thanks for asking. I’m surprised that you asked me though; I mean other then Ron, Fred and George are closer to you than I am. I mean, we don’t really know each other all that well.”

Harry nodded. “I know. But Gin talks about you all the time. I know that you’re her favourite brother, and since Fleur is standing in the wedding I just thought you would be the perfect solution. Besides, how would I choose Fred over George or vice versa?”

Bill laughed. “Very true. That could cause some problems. So how are the wedding plans going anyway?”

Harry shrugged. “I guess okay. I pretty much gave Ginny free reign. She can spend as much as she wants on it and invite whoever she wants. Your mum found this castle in Ireland for the wedding to be held. It’s really beautiful and Gin fell in love with it as soon as she saw it, so well, I couldn’t say no.”

Bill grinned. “She’s got you wrapped around her little finger.”

“I know, but I like it.”

Bill smiled. “I know you love her, Potter, but she’s my firefly, so you take good care of her, or you’ll answer to me.”

“Your firefly?” Harry asked, slightly amused by the nickname for Ginny.

Bill shrugged. “I’ve got many nicknames for her. I’m a lot older then her, so I used to take care of her a lot. She was my firefly, my princess, my hellion. She was quite wild when she was younger, and it didn’t help that she had that same mischievous streak as Fred and George. I always took care of her when the others teased her and I’m the one that leant her my broomstick to use whenever she wanted. Of course, this was after I discovered that she had been sneaking into the broom shed and stealing our brooms; and I’m the one that taught her how to defend herself against guys when her wand wasn’t around. So yeah, we’ve always been close, and I am honoured that you would want me to stand in the wedding with you, not only because you’re marrying my sister, but also because I highly respect you and everything that you do. Harry, I think that you’re perfect for her. Promise me that you will take good care of her.”

Harry smiled, deeply moved by the speech that Bill had just made. “I promise, as long as you as you promise not to tell Ginny that I said that because she would hex me and insist that she can take care of herself.”

Bill laughed. “You really do know her. I promise too.”

Harry grinned. “Great.” He stood up to leave. “Are you coming to the Burrow later for dinner?”

“Yeah, Mum invited Fleur and I this morning. Have you been there since it’s been rebuilt?” Bill asked.

“Yeah, when I helped to bring all of the stuff back in. It looks the same.”

Bill smiled. “Good. I’ll see you later on tonight. Give Gin a kiss from me.”

Harry laughed. “Gladly, see you.” He waved good bye and as he headed back into the streets of Diagon Alley, he couldn’t help but think that that had been a whole lot easier then he thought.

**********

After Quidditch practice one day, Harry asked Ron to wait a minute. They walked around the pitch for a bit, neither of them saying anything. Finally, Ron spoke up.

“Listen, mate, you said that you wanted to talk to me yet you haven’t said a word.”

Harry nodded. “Well, I uh … Ron, will you be my best man, for the wedding, I mean?”

“Are you daft? I thought I already was!”

Harry grinned. “See! I knew you’d understand that you would just be my best man being my best mate and all, but Ginny was all you have to ask him or he won’t know.”

Ron snorted. “Girls, what are we going to do with them?”

Harry laughed. “Well, I think we’re going to marry them.”

“Yeah,” Ron said. He was quiet for a minute before he spoke. “But I’m not asking you to be my best man, mate, I just expect you to show up there.”

Harry laughed. “Sure, just don’t tell Hermione.”

Ron grinned. “Good plan. Now let’s go, I’ve got a date tonight.”

Harry laughed. “Better be with Hermione.”

“Haha funny, race you to the apparating spot?”

*********

On the morning of July 31st, Harry woke up alone in his bed at Potter Manor and stretched luxuriously. Today he was eighteen years old. He grinned and did some more stretches before he hopped in the shower and headed downstairs. Dobby, Winky, and Maddy had prepared his favourite breakfast foods and deposited all of his letters and gifts on the dining room table.

“Happy Birthday Harry Potter, sir,” Dobby replied, grinning broadly as the three house elves grinned at him.

Harry smiled. “Thanks.” He ate his breakfast as he opened his gifts. From the house elves Harry got three pairs of colourful socks that Dobby must have made himself. One pair were red with snitches on them, the second pair were blue with Ginny on them, and the third pair were green with the emblem of the Pride of Portree on them. “Thanks Dobby, these are really creative, I love them!” He continued to open the package and grinned when he found two emerald green button down shirts, a royal blue button down shirt, and a red jumper.

Maddy smiled warmly at him. “We is wanting to make sure that you is dressed nicely sir.”

Harry grinned at them. “Thanks, I love them. I do need some more shirts. Ginny plans to drag me out shopping but this helps a lot. She says that now that I’m going to be married, and now that I am such an important figure, I need to look nice. Thank you.”

The three elves grinned and hurried out of the room to finish their chores as Harry continued to sort through his gifts. He looked up at the sound in the doorway and nodded at the Dursleys.

“Good morning. Help yourself to some breakfast.” Harry replied as he ripped open the card on the next parcel, grinning when he recognized the untidy scrawl.

Happy Birthday Harry!

I’ve been really busy up at Hogwarts with all of the animals and the forest. I’m adding a pond to the grounds and I’m fixing up the gardens a bit. It’s going to look at real treat. Anyway, today you’re eighteen! Blimey time flies! I got the tickets you sent me to your first Quidditch game. I can’t wait to see you play professional Quidditch. Hope to hear from you soon.

Your Friend,
Hagrid


Harry put the note down and looked at the box curiously. Dudley was staring at him in shock. He obviously couldn’t believe that Harry had received presents. Dudley had arrived the day before. He was allowed to stay with his parents for a bit but he still had to go talk to Healer Murphy from time to time. Harry didn’t mind having him in the house now because Ginny was at the Burrow. Harry ignored his looks and opened the package carefully; you could never be too sure what Hagrid would send.

He grinned broadly when he pulled out a book on magical creatures and how to take care of them. Hagrid obviously wanted to make sure that Harry was taking good care of Fawkes. He noticed there was something else in the package so he dug down and found a box full of all of his favourite sweets and some rock cakes. He opened a chocolate frog and almost choked when he looked down at the card. It was a picture of him that had been in the paper recently — the one they used as the newest one for the Sexiest Wizard Alive. He laughed at the idea of having his picture on the chocolate frog cards and he turned it over to see if they had anything to the back. It read:

Harry James Potter, 18, lived with muggles for ten years when he survived the killing curse at a year old becoming the Boy Who Lived and causing Lord Voldemort to go into hiding for ten years. At eleven he defeated Voldemort again and prevented him from getting the Philosopher’s Stone; at twelve he rescued Ginny Weasley from the Chamber of Secrets and killed a Basilisk; at thirteen he helped an innocent man, Sirius Black, escape from a terrible death; at fourteen he became the Tri-Wizard Champion and watched Voldemort rise again; at fifteen he started Dumbledore’s Army and fought Death Eaters and Voldemort himself at the Ministry of Magic; at sixteen he was involved in the fight at Hogwarts when Death Eaters attacked the school; at seventeen he defeated Lord Voldemort once and for all, earning the title the Man Who Defeated Voldemort. He was the youngest seeker in a century and was the youngest recipient along with Ginevra Weasley of the Order of Merlin, First Class. He now plays seeker for the Pride of Portree and has been dubbed the Sexiest Wizard Alive. He plans to wed Ginevra Weasley before the year is out.

Harry laughed to himself as he read the back of the card before he moved on to the next package.

He pulled the note off and read:

Happy Birthday Harry!

Remus and I will see you later on tonight at the ball but we hope that you enjoy your present.

Love you tons,
Remus and Tonks


He smiled as he opened the small package and stared down at the slim gold chain and small tag that hung from it. He noticed a letter beneath the chain so he picked it up and decided to read it first.

Dear Harry,

I meant to give this to you a while ago, but in all honesty I forgot that I had it. It belonged to your father; James wore it all of the time. Its real gold and just a dog tag like a lot of the old military men wore at one point — especially in the muggle world. I’m not sure where he got it from, but he never took it off. I just thought that maybe you would like to have it.

Remus

P.S. Happy Birthday!


Harry slipped the chain out and looked down at it. The gold was still shiny and he looked down at the small tag that hung from it. It read:

Potter — “Everything happens for a reason so make do with what you have”

He grinned, it was a good saying. He looked up when Maddy came into the room. “Maddy, Remus gave me this chain, said my dad used to wear it. Do you know why?”

Maddy shook her head. “I is not knowing, sir, you should ask his portrait.”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I think I will.” He got up and went into the dining corridor to see his parents. “Hey Mum, hey Dad.”

Lily smiled warmly at him. “Hello dear, happy birthday.”

James nodded. “Yes, happy birthday son!”

Harry grinned. “Thanks. Um, Dad I just got this chain from Remus, he said that you used to wear it all the time. Why?”

James glanced down at the chain in Harry’s hands and grinned. “I got it from my grandfather, who got it from his grandfather. In the Hundred Years War many centuries ago, our ancestors fought in it. One of them had that made up for a widow of one of the Potter men as a gift I guess since she lost her husband. It’s been passed down ever since. I don’t know much more about it. But I thought it was a good saying so I wore it all the time. Never took it off.”

Lily nodded. “James did never take it off. He loved that chain. Are you going to wear it, Harry?”

Harry looked down at the chain again and smiled. “Yeah, I am. Thanks, well I’ve got more gifts to open. I’ll see you two later.”

James grinned. “See you later.”

Harry put the chain on and tucked the small tag below his shirt, grinning before he sat down and grabbed the next parcel. The Dursleys were still sitting there, watching Harry silently. None of them had yet to say a word. Harry opened the next letter and began to read:

Happy Birthday Harry!

Well Harry, as the headmistress of Hogwarts I could not give you gifts as it may have looked like favouritism, but you have always been one of my favourite students to teach. So now that you are out of school, I will be sending you gifts from time to time. This one however, can be from Dumbledore more then me. It is one of the things that he left to me, but I thought that you might enjoy it more. In fact he had so much of them that I have been giving them out like crazy. Albus sure loved his sweets. Happy birthday.

Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall


Harry opened the package and laughed out loud when he found a huge box full of lemon drops, Dumbledore’s favourite muggle sweet. He put it on the table, grinning and reached for another gift.

Happy Birthday Harry!

I found this on my holiday with my parents, and I just thought that it was absolutely perfect for you. Haha, well I added something to make you laugh. I’ll see you tonight at the ball.

With love,

Hermione


He pulled out a black tee shirt with the word Celebrity written across the front and he laughed; very surprised that he would get a gift like that from Hermione. She wasn’t the joking type. He put the shirt down and then noticed there was more in the box. He pulled out a book on the history of the Pride of Portree Quidditch team.

“Wow, neat,” he murmured as he quickly flipped through the book.

He reached for another gift and untied the card.

Happy Birthday dear, we’ll see you later on tonight at the ball.

He recognized the loopy writing as Molly’s and when he opened the box he found a huge chocolate cake and a box of sweets. He grinned, Molly made the best cake. The next parcel was from Ron and when he opened it up he found a book on Quidditch strategies as well as some more supplies for his broomstick servicing kit. Ron had also thrown in a picture of the Firebolt Lightening. Harry reached for the last thing, which was simply a letter.

Happy Birthday Harry!

As you can see, there is no gift here for you. I’ll give it to you later on tonight after the ball. I wanted to give it to you in person.

Love Always,

Your Ginny


He smiled, wondering what Ginny had gotten him. He piled all of his gifts together and vanished the wrappings before sending his gifts upstairs into his room. Maddy came back into the room.

“Harry Potter, sir, you is getting more gifts, but they is from fans? Would you like to open them?” Maddy asked.

Harry sighed. “Not really. How many are there?”

“About a hundred, sir. They is all going to Hogwarts and the headmistress is sending them here to you. Dobby, Winky, and I is happy to open them up for you, sir if you do not want to.” Maddy replied.

Harry nodded. “I’d really appreciate that, Maddy. Thanks a lot. Whatever is worthwhile keeping can you donate it to some charities for me?”

Maddy beamed. “It is not a problem, sir. We will give you anything that we think might interest you.” She hurried out of the room and Harry turned to his breakfast to finish eating.

“Um, happy birthday Harry,” Aunt Petunia said quietly, the first words she’d spoken to him since the day he had seen the memories.

“Excuse me?” Harry said in surprise. He couldn’t remember the Dursleys ever wishing him a happy birthday in his entire life. Even though they had been so much nicer to him lately, Harry still wasn’t used to the sudden the change in their attitudes.

Aunt Petunia gave him a small smile as she pushed a small parcel at him. “I said happy birthday. Vernon and I made this for you.”

Dudley was staring at his parents in shock, and Harry’s face wasn’t much different. “Uh, thanks.”

Harry carefully opened the box and he found a muggle photo album. He opened it up and found pictures of his mum when she was baby. As he continued to flip through, he realized that the pictures covered her entire life. There were some with his dad in them as well. “Thank you. This means a lot to me.”

Aunt Petunia nodded. “I thought you would like to have them. I don’t need them, so I just … well, I thought you’d want them.”

Harry nodded. “I do, thanks.” He turned to look at his uncle. “Thank you.” He sent the album up to his room like he had the rest of his presents.

“So what are you doing today?” Uncle Vernon asked.

Harry grinned. “I’m going to a ball at the Ministry of Magic. All of the Quidditch players and their families are supposed to be there.” He sighed before he spoke, he had been debating this moment since he had received the tickets and Ginny had left the decision up to him. “I uh, I have three tickets for you three if you’re interested in going. It’s just a ball, very dressy.”

Aunt Petunia smiled. “We’d love to go, wouldn’t we, Vernon?”

Uncle Vernon nodded, though Harry noticed that he didn’t look too keen on the idea. “Sure.”

Harry nodded. “Okay, well we’re leaving at seven, so make sure that you’re ready to go.” Then he stood up and walked out of the room.
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear