Search:

SIYE Time:0:36 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324674; Chapter Total: 12688





Author's Notes:
NEWLY EDITED! please review




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter VI - Life Lessons Begin

Harry woke up the next morning around ten and wandered downstairs. Lupin was sitting at the kitchen table, and he grinned up at Harry when he walked in. “Good morning, Harry. Did you sleep alright?”

Harry nodded. “Yeah, I slept fine. No dreams, surprisingly, I was sure I’d dream up something weird after meeting my grandparents and parents.”

Lupin grinned. “Well, I guess it did you some good then. I’m afraid that I’m not a very good cook, but I’m sure that we can find you some toast or something.”

“That’s okay, Remus, I’ll just have a bowl of cereal. I’d actually like to get started on my lessons as soon as possible if you don’t mind.”

“No, I don’t mind at all. Why don’t you eat some breakfast and then we’ll get started.”

Harry grinned. “Great.”

“I’ll have your first instructor meet you in the living room in an hour and, Harry, you don’t need your wand. You'll be starting off with something a little different.” Lupin replied, before turning and leaving Harry alone with his thoughts.

*****

Harry stepped into the living room an hour later and was surprised to find Kingsley Shacklebolt standing in the room. “Hello.” Harry replied, closing the door behind him.

Kingsley grinned at Harry. “Hey, Harry, how you doing?”

“Alright, you?”

“Fine. Okay, so Remus and I were talking, and we think that one important part of these lessons should be building up your physical strength. It will be extremely useful to you. Now, we’re going to do this in two ways, first is that you're going to lift weights, basic and muggle style, but it works; second, I’m going to teach you martial arts.” Kingsley replied.

Harry grinned. “No way, honestly?”

Kingsley nodded. “Yes, however, these lessons are also going to help your endurance, your focus, and your concentration. By helping to increase your focus and concentration, this will also enable you to get a better grasp on Occulmency, which you had trouble with two years ago. Are you ready?”

Harry nodded, “I guess so.”

“Okay, so first of all, we’re going to start off with some stretches.”

******

Three hours later, Harry was exhausted. Kingsley had taught him the basics of the martial arts, and he had been lifting weights and meditating. Overall, the lesson had been exhausting on the body and the mind. Harry went up into his room and passed out, sleeping for over four hours, coming down in time to see that Tonks and Remus were eating pizza in the kitchen.

“Wotcher, Harry! Want some pizza?” Tonks asked.

Harry grinned. “Yeah, I’d love some. I’m starving.” He took a seat at the table and began to eat.

“Kingsley said you did a good job today.” Lupin replied. “Exhausting isn’t it?”

Harry nodded. “Very, I’m supposed to practice every day, the basics, and of course lifting weights and all that. So how are these lessons going to work? I mean, am I going to have a different lesson everyday?”

Lupin nodded. “Yes, pretty much. It’s going to be very time-consuming with your N.E.W.T.s and all, and it will be very tiring, but I think that you can handle it.” He pulled a book out of his pocket and handed it to Harry. “Minerva asked me to give you this. It is the theory involving animagus, and she said that you must read up on the theory and be well read on the topic before September. You will not start actually learning how to change until school starts up. The theory is important Harry; if you don’t know what you’re doing, the transformation can go badly. Do you understand?”

“Yes. Remus, do you get to choose your animal, or do you just change?” Harry asked.

Lupin smiled. “I believe the animal chooses you. You’ll do fine Harry, just remember to read thoroughly.”

*****

The next day, Lupin was teaching Harry some new curses. Since they were in a wizarding house, they couldn’t detect if he was underage or not, so he was learning all sorts of things. The first one was similar to the curse he had used on Malfoy the year before and Harry didn’t like it. But he understood that the curses would help him, no matter how bad they were. Lupin also taught Harry how to make yourself hidden to those around you without being invisible. It was a neat little spell because you would be in the room with people who could see you and talk to you, but you could do what you wanted without them knowing. He next learned how to perfect the non-verbal spells, the ones that you said in your head instead of out loud. This brought the idea of natural magic back to Harry’s mind.

“Remus, what about natural magic?” Harry asked when their lesson for the day was over.

“Natural magic? What do you mean by that?”

Harry shrugged. “Hermione gave me this book at the end of the year, and it talks about the use of natural magic, or wandless magic. Like calling up the elements and letting their power blend with your own and creating magic with your fingers. She said that Dumbledore could do it, or something close to it.”

Lupin nodded. “I have heard of it, but that is very powerful magic, Harry, very few wizards or witches have accomplished it. If you want to work on it, read up on the theory in the book that she gave you, and I’ll try to help you harness the power.”

Harry nodded. “Do you think that Voldemort can do it?”

“I don’t know, he is powerful, but I don’t know.”

“Alright, so what do I learn next?”

********

As the lessons increased, Harry felt himself getting more and more powerful. His determination to learn seemed to be increasing his ability to do so, because he was catching on to things more quickly and was hardly having trouble with anything, except for the mind concentration. The martial arts were okay, he was getting everything down packed, but it was the focus he needed to work on. It was hard to believe that his lessons had only been going on for three days, he felt like it was forever. After he lost focus for the sixth time on the third day, Kingsley fumed at him.

“Potter, come on! I know that you can do this, just concentrate on letting your mind empty.” Kingsley replied, as Harry sat cross-legged in the middle of the room, trying to concentrate.

He focused his mind on the mist, that silvery mist that seemed to float just outside of his consciousness; it became clearer in his mind as he felt his mind empty. As the mist surrounded him he stood up, finally feeling his centre, and he did a back-flip, landing in a handstand position. It was an interesting thing this mist, he thought, he felt so perfectly calm and at peace, yet he knew everything that was going on around him and it allowed him to do things that he didn’t know he was capable of, like that back-flip for instance. Kingsley came at him from behind and Harry fought him off without so much as breaking a sweat. When Kingsley told him to come back he did, surprised that he still felt the calming effect that the mist had.

“Now that’s better,” Kingsley said, grinning at him. “Soon you’ll be able to find that focus and your center within seconds and the better you’ll be for it. Good job today, Potter. Now why don’t you go upstairs and shower and pack your things, aren’t you going to the Burrow?”

Harry grinned. “Yeah, thanks Kingsley. So when will I see you again?”

Kingsley smiled. “I’ll come to the Burrow some time next week; keep practicing.”

Harry grinned broadly. “I will. See you.” He hurried up the stairs and into the bathroom to shower. Once he was done, he packed his trunk and smiled at the thought of spending the rest of the summer with the Weasleys, with Ron and Hermione, and with Ginny. Then his nerves kicked in. How would the Weasleys react when they found out that Harry was dating their only daughter?

“Harry, are you ready to go?” Lupin called up the stairs.

“I’m coming,” Harry yelled back as he gathered his stuff, he guessed he’d just have to find out.

Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear