Search:

SIYE Time:8:20 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 324692; Chapter Total: 12638





Author's Notes:
A/N: Hey everyone, I had fun writing this chapter so I hope you enjoy it ā€“ and please Iā€™m looking for comments on the Fred/George thing ā€“ so please review!! NEWLY EDITED




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter VII - Back to the Burrow

Harry dusted himself off as he stepped into the Weasleys’ living room. He pulled his trunk out, followed by Hedwig’s cage. No one was in the room; he thought it was oddly quiet. He left his belongings there and wandered into the kitchen where Mrs. Weasley and Ginny were preparing dinner for the evening. He watched them for a few minutes silently appreciating Ginny’s every move.

“Now Ginevra, you are a wonderful cook, so you should cook. You know that you’ve even become better then me. That’s why tonight you’re cooking dinner. No arguments, besides don’t you want to make some young man happy some day. Men love women who can cook.” Mrs. Weasley replied as she wiped her hands on a towel. “Surprise me, dear, with what you come up with. Or well how good it turns out, as you’re almost done.”

“I hate cooking, Mum! Besides, I don’t want to be chained to a stove when I get married.”

Mrs. Weasley gave Ginny a disapproving look. “You would hardly be chained to the stove. Now just make dinner tonight, after all we’re having company.” Then without another word she turned and went upstairs.

Ginny sighed and began to continue to stir the pasta that she was making for tonight’s meal, and she jumped when arms encircled her waist. Harry’s lips nuzzled at her neck. “Hey Gin, cooking anything good? I’m starving.”

Ginny turned in his arms and kissed him softly. “When aren’t you starving? Did you just get here?”

Harry nodded and kissed her again. They heard movement on the stairs and they broke apart. Harry turned to Mrs. Weasley who had just come down the stairs. “Hi Mrs. Weasley.”

Mrs. Weasley smiled. “Oh, hello, Harry dear, I didn’t even hear you come in. Ron’s upstairs if you want to go see him. You can bring your trunk up to Fred and George’s old room.”

Harry nodded and stole a quick look at Ginny who was grinning at him. “Thanks, I’ll go do that.” He went back into the living room to get his things and then he went upstairs, depositing his trunk in the twins’ old room before heading upstairs to Ron’s room. He knocked on the door and he heard Ron mumble a come in. He stepped inside and grinned when he saw his friend standing there in new maroon coloured dress robes. But luckily, these robes were not covered in lace.

“Mum, why do you always have to get maroon? I mean, Fleur wanted me to wear black for a change, but you had to go for the maroon.” Ron replied as he looked down at the robes he wore in disgust.

Harry leaned back against the doorframe. “I don’t know mate, I guess they look nice with your eyes.”

Ron spun around so fast that he tripped. “Harry! When did you get here?”

Harry grinned. “Just now. Are those for the wedding?”

Ron nodded. “Yeah, the wedding’s tomorrow, can you believe it? Mum’s going crazy, she’s so excited. Hermione’s supposed to be here soon too.” He sat down on his bed and grinned at Harry. “Ginny told me that you decided to go back to school.”

“Yeah, I mean, I’m still going to go to Godric’s Hollow and stuff like that, but I’m getting lessons. I’ll explain more when Hermione and Ginny get up here, I don’t really want to tell the story twice.” Harry said, and then he remembered something that he knew Ron would get a kick out of. “Ron, you’ll never believe what I found out, though. I own a mansion, Potter Manor; it’s been in my family for over six hundred years. It’s totally awesome, but the best part is the grounds.”

“Grounds?” Ron asked, his interest peaked, “What’s on the grounds?”

Harry nodded. “It’s huge! There’s a huge swimming pool, and a tree house, tons of gardens, and best of all I’ve got my own private Quidditch pitch!”

“No way!” Ron exclaimed, grinning broadly. “That’s brilliant, mate!”

“Tell me about it. It turns out that my great-great grandfather, Nelson Potter played seeker for England for ten years and then coached.”

Ron grinned. “Nelson Potter is related to you! Blimey Harry, he was one of the greatest Quidditch players to ever live!”

Harry grinned. “I know, I was pretty excited when I found out. It looks like I come by my talent naturally.”

Hermione stepped into Ron’s bedroom, her bushy brown hair pulled back into a braid. “Hey Ron, hey Harry, did I just hear you say something about Nelson Potter? Didn’t he invent some Quidditch strategies or something? I swear I’ve heard Ron mention him before.”

Harry grinned. “Yeah, turns out he’s my great-great grandfather.”

Hermione sat down next to Ron. “Wow, that’s neat.”

Harry quickly told her about Potter Manor as well. “It’s huge. Wait until you guys see it.” He then explained about his lessons, what he had been doing and how they were supposed to help him. He thought about mentioning the portraits of his parents, but decided that he’d rather tell Ginny. He wondered briefly what that meant, that he would rather tell his girlfriend then his best friends. He pushed the thought away and grinned at his friends.

“That’s great, Harry.” Hermione replied. She stood and glared at Ron, making Harry smirk, she was obviously angry at him for still not doing anything about their relationship or lack of relationship. “Well, why don’t we head downstairs, I think dinner was pretty much ready.”

Ron and Harry both nodded and headed down the stairs. They stepped into the kitchen and Ginny was just dishing up the food, Mrs. Weasley smiling approvingly. “Oh good, you three are just in time for dinner. Go have a seat at the table.”

Within five minutes, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Mrs. Weasley, Mr. Weasley, Bill, and Fleur, were eating the pasta dinner that Ginny had prepared. It was delicious. Harry leaned over towards Ginny. “Gin, this is really good. You’re a great cook, even if you do hate it.”

Ginny grinned at him. “Thanks. Um, Harry, I want to tell Mum and Dad about us after dinner, is that okay?” She whispered.

Harry nodded, the nerves hitting his stomach again. “Yeah, that’s fine.” He began to eat a third helping and grinned; at least Fred and George weren’t here to torture him. Then his bubble burst as Fred and George walked into the room.

“Hey Mum, is there enough food left for two more?” Fred asked as they took a seat at the table.

“Of course, dear. I didn’t know you two were coming.” Mrs. Weasley replied.

George shrugged. “It was a last minute decision, besides we were hungry.”

Everyone laughed and Harry thought that the meal was going by much too quickly, soon the meal was done and Mrs. Weasley and Ginny had cleaned up everything. Harry was sitting in the living room with Ron, Hermione, Fred, and George. His nerves must have been showing because Hermione kept giving him weird looks. Finally she went over and sat next to him.

“Harry, are you alright, you look… nervous?”

“I am.” He replied, standing up as Ginny came into the room. She smiled warmly at him and took his hand to lead him into the kitchen. Fred and George stared at the two of them in shock.

Ginny closed the kitchen door behind them, where Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were sitting at the kitchen table.

“Yes, Ginny?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“Mum, Dad… I need to talk to you.” Ginny replied, ushering for Harry to sit down.

Harry’s insides were doing gymnastics. He was so nervous. The Weasleys were his family, how would they react when they found out about him and Ginny? Would they hate him? Would they ban him from their house? “Hi,” he mumbled.

Ginny laughed. “Harry’s a little nervous. You see, we, as in Harry and I… we’re dating, have been since Gryffindor won the Quidditch cup.”

Oh boy, Harry thought, now it was out there, what would they do? Mr. and Mrs. Weasley just stared at them for a moment before Mrs. Weasley spoke, making all of Harry’s worst fears come true.

“Ginny, dear, really, Harry is much too old for you, and you’re much too young to be dating. Why fifteen is much too young, dear, no, I’m sorry, but I can’t allow it.”

“Mum!” Ginny exclaimed. “I’m hardly too young to date. I’ve already had two boyfriends, and both of them were the same age as Harry! And how is he too old for me? Harry’s going to be seventeen and eleven days later I turn sixteen! You’re being ridiculous; I’m hardly a little girl anymore!”

Harry shifted uncomfortably on his feet. This was not so good. He wondered if he should say something, but what could he say? Then Mr. Weasley stood up and Harry’s insides clenched harder.

“Now Molly, Ginny’s right you are being ridiculous. Ginny is almost of age, and she is certainly old enough to date. And in my opinion, there is no finer young man for our daughter than Harry.” Mr. Weasley replied, grinning at Harry.

Harry grinned back. “Thank you, sir.”

Mrs. Weasley nodded and went around the table to hug Harry. “Arthur’s right dear; we love you like you were our own son. I’m very happy for you and Ginny dear… I’ve known that this was going to happen for a while; I've seen the way you two have been looking at each other… I just,” she turned to Ginny and sighed. “It’s just that you’re my last baby, Ginevra, and I don’t think I’m ready to let you go.”

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Weasley; I’ll take good care of her.” Harry said, holding his hand out to Ginny, who took it and then leaned in to kiss him softly.

“I promise to take good care of Harry too, Mum, don’t worry.” Ginny said, her eyes laughing as she hugged her parents, before turning back to her mum who was rambling on about how she was growing up so fast.

“Harry,” Mr. Weasley said softly as Ginny was talking to her mum. “Could I have a private word?”

Harry nodded and followed Mr. Weasley into the hallway. “What’s up, Mr. Weasley?”

Mr. Weasley smiled. “Harry, I really am happy for you and Ginny, Molly’s right, you two have been eyeing each other for a while now, and we wondered when something would spark, I just… will you take good care of her? I know that she is perfectly capable of taking care of herself, it’s just, with everything that you have to do… with You-Know-Who coming after you and-”

“Mr. Weasley,” Harry interrupted. “I’ve already got it covered. After Dumbledore’s funeral, I broke up with Ginny, afraid that by caring too much she would be a target. But I came to my senses, and realized that she would be a target either way, so I begged her to come back to me. Sir, I… I think I love her, I won’t let anything happen to your daughter, I’d die first.”

Mr. Weasley nodded, tears in his eyes. “Harry, I want you both to be safe. Now, go on and save her from her mother’s ramblings.”

Harry nodded and managed to pull Ginny into the living room and down into his lap, he’d only kissed her for half a second, when he felt Ginny leaving, being pulled away from him by Fred and George. “Hey guys,” he said.

“Oh no,” Fred said.

“Oh yes,” George replied.

“We cannot let this go on.”

“Any farther.”

“Without first giving Harry here a nice talk about the ground rules.”

Harry tried to grin, but it ended in a grimace as the twins dragged him outside. “What’s up, guys?”

Fred looked shocked. “Why George, he doesn’t know what’s wrong?”

George grinned. “Harry James Potter, were you or were you not just kissing our sister, and please remember that you are under oath?”

Harry couldn’t help it, he grinned. “Depends, whose your sister?”

“Why you little devil!” Fred exclaimed. “You know, George; I do believe that he is playing with us.”

George nodded. “I think you’re right, Fred, and after all we’ve done for him. We took him under our wing and showed him the path to righteousness.”

Harry couldn’t help himself now, he burst into laughter. “The path to righteousness! That’s a good one.”

George nodded. “I did think so myself. But back to the original question, Harry, were you or were you not just kissing our sister, a one Miss Ginevra Molly Weasley?”

Harry grinned and ran his fingers through his hair. “Yeah, I do believe I was. She’s a pretty great kisser.”

Fred looked shocked. “Well, Harry, we only have a couple of rules for you to follow. Have a seat.” He motioned to the ground under the tree. He quickly put a silencing charm around the area as well as a magical wall of some sort as he could see Ginny coming out of the house, she had obviously escaped from Ron, and then he turned to his brother. “George, you’re up first.”

George nodded. “Rule number one: You must treat Ginny with the utmost respect at all times… even when you’re shagging!”

“Which better not be yet, Potter, or we just might have some tricks up our sleeves.” Fred replied as Harry tried not to laugh. “Rule number two: You must always let her win an argument because she has a wicked temper and she might hex you. This one is for your own safety, we would really miss you, mate.”

“Rule number three: Never let that stupid prat Dean near her again, or we will kill you.”

Harry couldn’t hold it in any longer; he burst into laughter, tears pouring down his face. “God, you two really crack me up! Forget the rules, forget everything, are you guys okay with Ginny and I dating?”

Fred grinned. “Couldn’t be happier, mate! We just want to make sure you’ll treat our sister right.”

“Which we know you will, but still… rule number four: When she yells your name while you’re having hot crazy sex-”

“George!” Harry exclaimed.

Fred and George both laughed. “Alright mate, you’re free to go, but remember what we said,” Fred replied.

Harry just shook his head and stood up as the twins removed the charms and Ginny came running into his arms. “I remember, and I promise that you two don’t have any worries.” Then he leaned down and brought his lips to Ginny’s.

Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear