Search:

SIYE Time:12:13 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophecy Fulfilled
By Breanie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1717
Summary: This is my version of the 7th book of what i think should really happen. What happened when Harry broke up with Ginny? What happens when Harry realizes his mistake? What will he do? How does he decide to go after the horcruxes? Read on to see. Summary of the first chapter: It takes place on the train ride home from Hogwarts directly after 6th year. Harry decides that he needs to talk to Ginny and then he is faced with the dreaded return of going back to the Dursleys.
Hitcount: Story Total: 323814; Chapter Total: 13064





Author's Notes:
A/N – I hope you guys like it - it’s my longest chapter yet! Please review! :) NEWLY EDITED




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter IX - Birthdays and Diagon Alley

Harry woke up on the day of his seventeenth birthday feeling refreshed and happy. The fact that he was finally of age didn’t seem to quite sink in yet. His lessons with Kingsley and Lupin had continued over the weeks at the Burrow. His training had gone well, and Lupin had said that there wasn't really many more spells that he could teach him. Harry was magically pretty prepared to fight Voldemort. Also, Harry was learning the spells quickly so Lupin decided to just give him a list of spells, how to do them and what they did and let Harry teach himself. This seemed to work the best.

He stood up and began his push-ups and sit-ups for the day before going to take a shower and joining Mr. and Mrs. Weasley downstairs for breakfast. He took a seat at the kitchen table and Mr. Weasley grinned at him.

“Good morning, Harry, and Happy Birthday.”

Harry grinned. “Thanks, Mr. Weasley.”

Mr. Weasley put his newspaper down and began to eat his eggs. “Are you ready to go take your apparition test? If you are, you can come to the ministry with me this morning.”

“Yeah, that sounds good. Ron wanted to get his done again as well. Should I go wake him up?” Harry asked.

“I guess you’ll have to, you seem to be one of the only people up.”

Harry nodded and headed back upstairs to Ron’s room. He knocked on Ron’s bedroom door and when there was no answer, he walked in and jolted in surprise when he saw Hermione cuddled close to Ron, her head resting on his shoulder. Harry closed the door behind him and hoped that this wouldn’t cause too much embarrassment between the three of them. He quickly put a silencing charm on the room before speaking.

“Ron, wake up. Come on, get up.” Ron moaned and leaned over to bury his face in Hermione’s hair. Hermione however, heard Harry and sat up, pulling the sheet up with her.

“Harry!” She exclaimed, her face turning a dark shade of red.

Harry grinned at her. “Sleep well, Hermione? Look, I put a silencing charm on the door, so no one knows anything but me.” He turned back to Ron who was still snoring loudly. “Ron, get up!”

Ron sat up too and stretched, grinning when he saw Harry, his ears turning red. “Er, morning, Harry.”

Harry laughed. “Look, I don’t care what you two have been up to, I’m just glad that you’re finally together. Anyway, your dad wants to take us for our apparition tests today, so get up and come downstairs. And be thankful it was me who discovered you, and not your mum.” He left the room, closing the door behind him. He wondered if since his best friends were shagging now they wouldn’t bicker so often. He laughed out loud, he doubted it.

Ginny came out of her bedroom in cut off jean shorts and an emerald green halter top, smiling up at him. “Good morning Harry, what are you laughing at?”

Harry slipped an arm around her waist and pulled her up to him, kissing her softly. “I just caught Ron and Hermione in bed together.”

Ginny’s eyes widened in surprise. “Really? I mean, Hermione just doesn’t seem like that type of person.”

Harry shrugged, “Oh, I’d say she enjoyed herself alright.” He leaned down to take her mouth again, grinning when her fingers threaded into his hair. His tongue prodded her lips and then entered her mouth, causing her to sigh as she took the kiss deeper, bathing in the pleasure that only Harry seemed to be able to give her. His hands went into her hair as he angled the kiss, letting the emotions flow through him. He loved this woman. The thought made him smile; she made him happy, happier than anyone he had ever met; he felt the happiest when she was in a room. He pinned her back against the wall in the hallway and devoured her mouth as she moaned. Desire snaked its way into his gut and he knew that if he didn’t stop the kiss soon, he might not be able too. However, he continued to bask in the pleasure that was Ginny.

“Um …” Someone replied from behind them in a nervous sounding voice.

Harry and Ginny broke apart and Harry turned around to see Mr. Weasley looking around as though he was trying to pretend he had not just seen his daughter pinned against the wall and kissing Harry passionately. His ears were flaming as well as he glanced around at anything but Harry and Ginny. “Hi Mr. Weasley.”

Mr. Weasley managed a small smile. “Yes, did you wake Ron up? Is he coming?”

Harry nodded. “I think so.”

“Well, tell him we’re leaving in ten minutes.” Then he turned and went back downstairs, his ears burning red.

Ginny giggled and pulled Harry back to her so that she could wrap her arms around his waist and look up into his eyes, those incredible eyes. “I think Dad was a little embarrassed. Where are you going?”

Harry smiled and kissed the tip of her nose. “I think he was too. I’m just glad he didn’t kill me. Your dad’s taking Ron and I for our apparition tests. We shouldn’t be gone long.”

Ginny smiled. “You won’t be. Mum’s planning a special birthday dinner for you. I can’t wait to give you my present. I hope you like it. Besides, Dad wouldn’t kill you.”

Harry let his hands rest on her hips, letting his fingers play with the tips of her hair. “I’m sure I’ll love it because it will be from you. Kiss me goodbye before I go find your git of a brother?”

“With pleasure.” She pulled his mouth down to hers for a long sweet kiss.

Meanwhile in Ron’s room …

“Ron, that was so embarrassing! Now Harry knows that we… and he…”

Ron grinned and walked over to pull Hermione into his arms as she was trying to find her pants. He kissed her softly and sweetly. “Hermione, it’s just Harry. He’s not going to blast it around the school. Besides, he knows we’re together now.”

“Finally together, you mean. It took you ages to get your act together, Ronald!” Hermione replied as Ron’s hand slid up her pyjama top to touch.

“Well, we’re together now.” He leaned down to nibble at her lips and Hermione groaned softly, her hands fisting into his hair.

“Ron, this is… I’ve never done anything like this before. I feel like we moved much too quickly, but at the same time, I feel like it’s been ages.”

Ron looked down at her. “Mione, do you regret what happened last night?”

Hermione bit her lip. “No, I don’t. I love you Ron, and I’ve wanted you to be my first since… well since forever.”

Ron grinned and kissed her softly. “Yeah, I wanted to be your first too.”

Hermione smacked his arm playfully as she moved out of his arms to put the rest of her pyjamas back on. “I was your first too, you know.”

Ron shrugged. “I thought I did a pretty good job.”

Hermione glared at him, and turned around, now that she was dressed. Ron was just pulling on a clean pair of jeans. “I didn’t do too badly either, you know.”

Ron laughed and buttoned his jeans before walking over and pulling her into his arms for a deep kiss. “You were amazing. I love you and my only regret is that I was such a prat and that it took me this long to do something about it.”

Hermione smiled. “Now that’s what I’ve wanted to hear.” She pulled his lips down to hers, sliding her hands up and over his broad bare shoulders just as a knock sounded on the bedroom door.

“Ron, are you ready? Come on, your dad wants to leave.” Harry called out from outside of the door.

Ron ignored the knock and continued to kiss Hermione, nibbling on her lips until she pushed him back and began to try to fix her hair. Ron sighed and kissed her cheek before going and pulling open the bedroom door.

Harry grinned at Hermione who was blushing behind Ron, though this time (and thankfully) they were both fully dressed. “Are you ready?”

“Yeah, let’s go.” Ron said.

Hermione followed them down until she got to Ginny’s room and she quickly ran inside and closed the door, not saying two words to Harry.

“She okay?” Harry asked.

Ron nodded. “Yeah, she was a little scared that Mum was going to find out, you know. And well, she’s a little embarrassed that you know what we were doing.”

Harry laughed. “Yeah, I get it.” He decided it was probably best to change the subject in case the conversation got too embarrassing. “Do you think you can pass this time?”

Ron’s ears reddened. “Well, I bloody well hope so! Honestly Harry, an eyebrow, they failed me for one bloody eyebrow!!”

Harry grinned. “You’re lucky that’s all it was.”

*******************

“We passed!” Ron exclaimed as he and Harry walked into the kitchen just before lunch. Mrs. Weasley and Ginny were just making up sandwiches when they came in and they turned around at the sound of voices. “Harry naturally passed with flying colours and this time I completely apparated, eyebrows and all!”

Ginny laughed. “Good on you, Ron.” Then she walked over to Harry and kissed him softly. “Good job, and I realized that I never said it earlier so Happy Birthday, Harry.”

Harry grinned. “Thanks.” He kissed her again before sitting down at the kitchen table for lunch just as Hermione came downstairs.

“Hey Harry, hey Ron, did you guys pass?” She asked as she took a seat at the table.

Ron nodded. “Yup, we even apparated home.”

Hermione rolled her eyes at Ginny, who laughed as she served the sandwiches. “Congratulations. By the way, Happy Birthday, Harry.”

“Thanks.” Harry replied as he helped himself to a miniature sandwich.

“Harry, dear, we’re having a birthday dinner for you tonight. Remus, Tonks, Moody, Kingsley, and Hagrid are coming over for dinner as well. I’m going to make your favourite meal.” Mrs. Weasley replied.

Harry grinned. “Thanks Mrs. Weasley. That sounds like fun.”

They finished eating their lunch and Harry, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron went outside into the backyard. Ron led them over the hill to this private little circle surrounded by trees. “We can sit here. This is mine and Ginny’s favourite spot, right Gin?” Ron replied, taking a seat against a tree as Hermione sat down next to him.

Ginny laughed. “You only liked it because when you hit me Mum couldn’t hear me scream at you.” She cuddled herself onto Harry’s lap before turning back to her brother. “Ron, remember that time I climbed to the top of that tree and was too afraid to come down and you just laughed yourself silly for hours.”

Ron grinned. “Well, what was I supposed to do? You’re the one that got yourself stuck up there. I got Bill to help you, didn’t I?”

Ginny turned to Harry. “He left me up there for two hours. I was terrified. I was only four years old. Bill had to climb up the tree to get me, and then he lectured Ron for hours and wouldn’t let him play Quidditch with them for two weeks.”

Harry laughed. “Good punishment.”

“Hey,” Ron exclaimed. “I did help her get down, didn’t I?”

Ginny rolled her eyes and smiled at Harry. “Want to go for a walk? I know a quiet place.”

Harry smiled back at her and kissed her softly. “Sure.”

They waved goodbye to a snogging Ron and Hermione and they headed back to the house. “I’ll be right back; I just have to get something.” Ginny replied as she hurried off into the house.

Harry watched her go and he wondered what she was getting. He realized that he didn’t care, he was happy. He felt so calm. At peace with life and with himself; it was a new feeling, something that he had never felt before. He knew that it was because of Ginny. He was in love with her and the feeling made him feel happy. But at the same time he desired her more than anything and was dead scared that he would lose her like he had lost his parents, Sirius, and Dumbledore. He placed a hand over his heart — love was his gift — he wondered if this new found love with Ginny would do more than just make him incredibly happy. His thoughts were interrupted as Ginny came out of the house carrying an average-sized box.

“Okay, let’s go.”

“What’s in the box?” Harry asked as they started walking in the opposite direction of where Ron and Hermione were.

Ginny grinned at him. “It’s a surprise.” She led him over another hill down to a tiny enclosed area with a small pond. There was a huge willow tree there and Ginny took a seat under it and ushered for Harry to sit down next to her. “This is my favourite spot. Bill and I used to always come here and have long talks about stuff. It’s where I feel the most at peace.”

Harry looked around. It was almost secluded, yet it was in the open and if you looked up over the hill the house could still be seen. “It’s nice.” He said, eyeing the box carefully. “So what’s in the box?”

Ginny laughed. “Okay.” She looked slightly nervous as she handed it to him. “I’ve been working on it since May, it was just this idea I had. And if you don’t like it, tell me and I’ll get you something else, honestly Harry, it’s no big deal.”

Harry smiled at her, his curiousity peaked. She had made this and she was afraid that he wouldn’t like it? He opened the box and pulled out what looked like an emerald green notebook. In the bottom right hand corner, printed in silver loopy letters it said ‘Harry James Potter, Life’. He opened the book and noticed a small note from Ginny written in green ink on the first page.

Harry,

I wasn’t sure if you would like this … well actually I was really hoping that you would because I spent a lot of time on it, but I thought that it was a gift that you would always be able to treasure your memories in. I got a lot of help with it, from Lupin and Hagrid and especially from Ron and Hermione; though some moments are just from me. Go on, turn the page.

Love,
Ginny


Harry looked up at her quizzically as he turned the page, a small smile formed on his lips. It was a baby picture of him as a newborn in his mum’s arms. Beneath the photo is said: ‘Harry James Potter born on 31st July, 1980 to James and Lily Potter’. On the next page, there was a picture of Harry’s parents at their wedding, followed by pictures of the reception and pictures of them from when they were at Hogwarts. The pictures then increased to a scrapbook of his childhood with his parents. Ginny had even found two pictures of him when he was still living at the Dursleys. He was with his aunt and Dudley somewhere in London and Harry figured someone must have recognized him and snapped a photo; in one picture he was about four and the other one he looked about seven. Both of them were newspaper clippings. Then there was a beautifully decorated page that said: Welcome to Hogwarts, First Year: 1991-1992. This section had pictures as well as detailed explanations of Harry’s life that first year and it went on all the way up to year six. He felt tears in his throat as he looked at it. He looked up at Ginny and smiled.

“Gin, this is amazing. I can’t even imagine how long this took you. I don’t even know what to say. Thank you.” He pulled her up onto his lap and kissed her long, and hard.

Ginny could taste his pleasure and his happiness as well as his need. She ran her fingers through that thick messy hair as she deepened the kiss, pulling him closer to her. Harry dropped the book on the ground next to them and his hands fisted in her hair as he laid her down on the ground, placing his body on top of hers. Ginny moaned and slid her hands up and down his back as Harry slid his hand up her shirt. As his fingers brushed under her bra, to the softness beneath, Ginny jolted and Harry sat up, breathing hard.

“Gin, I’m sorry, I … I didn’t mean to go so quickly.” Harry replied, threading his fingers through his hair in frustration. He could still taste her on his lips and he was … hot, he realized, he was very, very warm.

Ginny shook her head no and crawled back up onto Harry’s lap, ignoring his discomfort. “No Harry, don’t be sorry, we we’re both caught up, besides you didn’t do anything wrong. It was just ...” Her voice dropped so low that Harry barely heard her. “A first for me.”

Harry ran his fingers through her hair and smiled at her, tipping her chin up so that he could look into her eyes. “Ginny, you know that I’d never pressure you into doing anything that you weren’t ready for, right?” When she nodded he smiled and kissed the tip of her nose. “Besides, it was a first for me too.”

Ginny’s eyes lit up. “Really, I mean … you’re not just saying that?”

Harry’s hands were back in her hair. “No, I love you.”

Ginny’s eyes twinkled, and that playful tease was back in her face when she spoke. “You love me, or you love my hair.”

Harry laughed. “I love you, though God knows that you have gorgeous hair, it feels like silk in my hands. Of course, it also helps that you’re really smart, good at Quidditch and have a fantastic body.”

“Harry!” Ginny exclaimed, obviously displeased with the last part of his comment.

“And did I mention that you’re the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen in my entire life.”

Ginny blushed. “Liar, but I love you anyway.” She kissed him softly, before settling herself in his arms. “Happy Birthday, Harry.”

Harry grinned and kissed the top of her head. “My best one yet.”

**********

Harry’s birthday dinner had been fun. All the Weasleys, except for Bill, Fleur, and of course Percy, had been there, along with Lupin, Tonks, Moody, Kingsley, and Hagrid. Harry had gotten tons of gifts and the night had been filled with everyone he cared about. Harry thought it couldn’t have been better. Besides the scrapbook from Ginny, Harry received three books on natural magic, harnessing the power, and how to do it all without a wand from Hermione; a box of all his favourite sweets from Fred and George, along with some added sweets and tricks from Weasleys Wizard Wheezes that he thought he might just avoid for his own safety; a new book on Quidditch from Ron; books on Auror training and fighting techniques, both magical and physical from Lupin and Tonks; a book on understanding magical creatures and how to keep them from killing you from Hagrid; his own set of weights and dark detectors from Kingsley and Moody; and a new cloak from Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. The night had gone well and Harry couldn’t remember when he had a more enjoyable birthday.

Then to everyone’s surprise, Fawkes flew through the window of the Burrow and landed on Harry’s shoulder.

Everyone looked at Harry in surprise, as Fawkes leaned down and nipped Harry’s finger, drawing blood, Harry did not move his hand away, he was drawn to the way Dumbledore’s beautiful bird was sucking his blood. Then Hagrid had gasped.

“Arry, blimey, Fawkes is binding himself to you for life. He must really ‘ave respected you to do that with Dumbledore being gone and all. It is really rare for a phoenix to choose more than one wizard.”

Harry had just stared as Fawkes then healed his finger with his tears before rubbing his magnificent head against Harry’s. Fawkes belonged to him now.

*****************

The next morning, the Hogwarts letters arrived for the four of them. Mrs. Weasley handed them out at breakfast. Harry quickly opened his; there was the usual letter saying that the train left from King’s Cross on 1st September at 11:00 and then his book list. Harry was surprised at the extensive list of books he had, then he noticed the third sheet.

Dear Mr. Potter,

As I’m sure you’ve noticed, there is a large list of books here. You do have over ten books more than both of your friends before you ask them if they have as many. Most of them are books that you will need for your training sessions in the castle. It is important that you get all of them, no exceptions. I will see you at the feast.

Sincerely,
Professor Minerva McGonagall
Head of Gryffindor House
Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry


Harry looked back at the list and sighed; after all it wasn’t like he didn’t have any money. He laughed at the thought and then he looked over at Ron who had gone deathly pale. “Ron, what’s up?”

Hermione squealed in delight as she pulled out her Head Girl badge. “Ooh look!”

Harry laughed. “Come on, Hermione, no one expected any less. Ron, are you okay?”

Ginny giggled, she had walked around the table to stand before Ron and she pulled the envelope out of his hand. “Ron’s Head Boy.”

Mrs. Weasley turned around; she had been magically washing the dishes. “What did you say, dear?”

Ron seemed to have found his voice. “I’m, I’m Head Boy, Mum.”

Mrs. Weasley grinned. “Oh Ron, that’s wonderful!” She rushed around the table to give her son a hug as Hermione jumped up to hug Ron too.

“Congratulations, you two.” Harry said, happy to see that he wasn’t the least bit jealous, after all he had been a git when Ron had been made a prefect and he hadn't.

Ginny walked over and kissed Harry on the cheek as Mrs. Weasley rambled on about how proud of Ron and Hermione she was. “Did you get anything interesting in your letter?”

Harry shrugged. “I got to get about twice as many books; McGonagall says it’s for training. And of course it says I’m still Quidditch Captain. You?”

Ginny nodded. “Yes actually, but I’m not sure what to do about it. It’s sort of … well surprising.”

Harry looked at Ginny quizzically. “What do you mean?” Ginny handed him her letter and Harry began to read.

Dear Miss. Weasley,

It is our honour to inform you that your outstanding grades in your O.W.L.s have caused the staff to wonder if you really need to be in school for two more years. In fact, as Headmistress, I would like to offer you, of course with the permission of your parents, a chance to skip sixth year and start your seventh year at Hogwarts this year. I believe that you are well above the other students in your year and that you will fit in well with the seventh year classes. Of course, if you do happen to find it too difficult, you are more then welcome to go back down to sixth year. However, it is my professional opinion that seventh year will be a good challenge for your mind and is the perfect place for you to begin this year.

Please respond within the week to tell us whether or not you will be accepting this offer. Congratulations again, Miss. Weasley, this is a real honour.

Sincerely,
Professor Minerva McGonagall
Head of Gryffindor House
Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry


Harry stared up at Ginny in surprise. “Wow, Gin that’s amazing. How many O.W.L.s did you get?”

Ginny blushed. “All outstanding. Harry, I don’t know, I don’t think Mum would ever approve.”

Harry grinned. “How have you been so smart and no one ever knew it?”

“Probably because I don’t flaunt it like Hermione does, no offence towards her or anything. Besides, after that terrible first year I put a lot of time and effort into my studies to try to forget.” Ginny explained.

Harry pulled her into his arms and kissed her softly. “Ginny, I think this is great. McGonagall’s right, this is a great opportunity for you. Besides, you have so many friends that will be in your seventh year classes with you that if you need help with anything you’ll be covered. I think you should do it.”

“Really?” Ginny asked, a smile forming on her face.

Harry nodded. “Yeah, really. Besides, your mum will be so proud of you and your dad will be able to convince her to let you go. Tell your mum now though; we don’t need her to get angry later when she finds out that you've kept it from her.”

Ginny grinned and hugged Harry tight. “Thanks.” She turned around and looked over at Mrs. Weasley who was still beaming at Ron and Hermione. “Mum, I need to tell you something.”

Mrs. Weasley turned around to look at Ginny. “What is it dear?”

Ginny looked at Harry, who nodded at her to continue. “Mum, remember when I got my O.W.L.s back and how I got twelve outstanding grades.” When Mrs. Weasley nodded, Ginny continued. “Well, Professor McGonagall says that she thinks sixth year will be too easy for me and that I need a challenge. So she er … she wants me to start in seventh year in September.”

“What?” Ron exclaimed, as he stared at his sister in shock.

“Seventh year? But Ginny dear, you’re only going to be sixteen.” Mrs. Weasley replied as Ginny handed her the letter.

Harry spoke up. “Mrs. Weasley, if Professor McGonagall thinks that she can do it than she can. McGonagall’s pretty hard to please and besides, Ron, Hermione, and I can help her with anything that she doesn’t understand.”

Mr. Weasley came into the kitchen then and grabbed a cup of coffee. “Good morning, everyone, I see that you’ve got your Hogwarts letters.”

Mrs. Weasley handed Ginny’s letter to her husband. “What do you think, Arthur?”

The room was silent as Mr. Weasley read over the letter and then he grinned. “Ginevra, this is amazing. Honey, I’m so proud of you, I think that we should let her do it, Molly. If McGonagall thinks she can, well, then I know she can.”

Mrs. Weasley smiled. “Alright, then we’ll do it. Oh Ginny, I am so proud of you.” She hugged her daughter tight before telling her husband about Ron and Hermione’s badges. After much congratulating all around, they cleaned up and headed into Diagon Alley with Lupin and Tonks as guards.

Harry held Ginny’s hand as they walked through the cobble stone streets. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had allowed them to go into Diagon Alley as long as Lupin and Tonks came along and Harry thought it was nice for once not to be supervised. He knew Lupin and Tonks were there for protection as well as to make sure nothing happened to them, but he also knew that the couple was very happily involved in each other. They decided to go into Madam Malkin’s shop first as Harry had grown another couple of inches and he needed new robes. They all got sized and Harry insisted on buying Ginny’s new robes.

“Harry, honestly I can’t accept something like that from you.” Ginny protested as Harry gathered up all of the robes that she had tried on and liked. Ron and Hermione were talking to Lupin and Tonks over in the corner so Harry turned to look at her.

“Gin, you know about the money. I’m insanely rich. You need new robes because you’re other ones are too small. Come on, let me do this for you, it would make me happy.” Harry pleaded. Ginny still looked hesitant. “Come on, Ginny, why not?”

Ginny sighed. “Harry, it doesn’t feel right to let you spend so much money on me. I have money of my own, plus what Mum gave me. So I can buy my own robes, new ones too, really I can.”

Harry laughed and kissed her softly. “Fine, but I’m going to buy you something by the time the day’s over, after all I haven’t had time to get you a proper birthday present yet.”

Ginny grinned and kissed him back. “Okay, that works for me.”

Harry and Ginny went up to pay for their purchases before they headed into Flourish and Blotts. Ginny had to get all the same class textbooks as Harry plus Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies, and Care of Magical Creatures, as she wanted to continue those classes. Harry turned around to ask Ron if he wanted to go to get ice some cream and he saw him kissing Hermione in the corner. Harry tapped Ginny’s shoulder and pointed over towards the corner.

Ginny giggled, “At least they’re not bickering.”

Harry also had taken his measurements from Madam Malkin and sent an order to a muggle clothing store for clothes that actually fit him; he was tired of wearing Dudley's old rags. They would be arriving within a couple of days and Harry was pleased to be able to get rid of the rags that he had called clothes his entire life. He wondered what had taken him so long to do so in the first place.

They made a couple of last minute stops before heading into the pet store. Harry needed some more owl treats for Hedwig and now that he was the proud owner of Fawkes the phoenix he also needed to get some treats for her. As Harry ordered his supplies, he noticed Ginny playing with a tiny black kitten.

“Excuse me,” Harry asked the salesclerk. “How old is that kitten?”

The woman’s eyes followed Harry’s and she smiled. “She’s only two months old. Beautiful isn’t she. Her name is Duvessa, it’s an Irish name meaning “dark beauty”. Are you interested? She’s only twenty galleons.”

Harry nodded as he watched Ginny’s eyes light up as the cat cuddled into her. He remembered Ron saying something about Ginny loving cats before. Besides, she didn’t really have a pet, except for Arnold her pygmy puff. He grinned and turned to the salesclerk. “I’ll take her; I’ll also need some food for her.”

A couple of minutes later, Harry walked over to Ginny with his bag of purchases. He also had bought a cage for the kitten to go in and some cat toys as well as a collar with her name on it saying that she belonged to Ginny. Ginny smiled at him when he stood beside her. “Look at her Harry, isn’t she just the most precious little thing.” She gave the cat a kiss and cuddled her for a moment before she went to put her back.

Harry grinned. “She’s gorgeous. The salesclerk told me her name is Duvessa it means ‘dark beauty’.”

Ginny smiled. “Well, that’s exactly what she is; she’s a dark beauty, right Duvessa?” Ginny went to place her back in the cage, but Harry stopped her by taking the cat into his arms and slipping the collar around her neck.

“Happy early birthday, Ginny, Duvessa belongs to you now.” He placed the kitten back in Ginny’s arms as Ginny looked up at Harry in surprise.

“Really?” She asked as her eyes lit up and she ran her hand along the sleek fur.

Harry nodded. “Yeah, really, I bought her for you about five minutes ago, unless of course you don’t actually want her or anything.”

Ginny kissed him softly. “I love her. Thank you.” She cuddled the kitten in her arms as they left the store to find Ron and Hermione kissing outside. “Well, they’re at it again.”

Harry grinned. “Just look at it this way, a least Ron won’t get angry cause we’re always kissing.”

Ginny laughed. “Yeah, come on; let’s head back to the Burrow.” They motioned to Lupin and Tonks that they were done and they all headed back to the Burrow, their afternoon of shopping well taken care of.

********

On the day of Ginny’s sixteenth birthday, everyone was at the house again for a party. Gifts were exchanged and Ginny showed off her new cat to everyone who came over. She got a lot of new clothes and outfits and sometimes just money to spoil herself with. By midnight, everyone was gone and everyone had gone to bed. Harry had told Ron and Hermione that they were leaving the following morning after breakfast, but now he sat downstairs in the living room in front of the fire alone.

Harry looked into the flames and watched the fire cackle as he thought about what he was going to do. He didn’t know what exactly he expected to find, a horcrux or a clue or nothing at all, but it was the only place that he could think of to start. Dumbledore’s pensive had a lot of his memories still in it, but Harry wouldn’t be able to view that until he got back to Hogwarts, but by then his portrait would be up as well. Harry ran his fingers through his hair; he didn’t know what to do. He felt lost without Dumbledore’s guidance and he wondered how he was going to manage to get everything done or how he was supposed to find all of the pieces of Voldemort’s soul. He sighed and glanced up when he saw movement in the doorway.

Ginny stood there in a white tank top and baby blue pyjama bottoms, her hair cascading down her back. He thought that she had never looked more beautiful. “Harry, what are you doing down here? It’s late; you need to sleep before you go on your journey.” She walked over and sat next to him on the couch.

Harry nodded. “I know, I was just thinking.”

Ginny smiled at him and kissed his cheek softly. “Harry, you’ll know what to do when the time comes.”

He looked down at her and smiled, kissing her softly. “How did you know what I was thinking?”

“I can see the worry in your eyes. Are you going to be okay?” She asked, pushing a little piece of his hair out of his eyes.

He nodded. “I’ll be fine now that you’re here.” He pulled her into his lap and just held her tight, his head resting on the gentle curve of her shoulder. “I love you, Ginny.”

Ginny smiled and placed her arms over his, which were wrapped tightly around her waist. “I know, I love you, too. Everything will work out, I have faith in you.”

Harry kissed her softly, lingering on the kiss for only a moment. “Thanks.”

They stayed like that, wrapped in each other’s arms; neither of them realized how content they were until they slowly drifted off to sleep.
Reviews 1717
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear