Search:

SIYE Time:13:04 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Impossible Dream
By Adriel

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 2
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2003 ***

Ginny has been feeding a self destructive habit, and feels worthless. Harry wants to help, and does so the only way he knows how. PLEASE REVIEW! thanks!
Hitcount: Story Total: 3279







ChapterPrinter


Ginny never remembered exactly where or when it started. It became a vivid, painful part of her life the summer after second year; the emotional guilt was too great for her to handle. She felt worthless and sick about the fact that she had petrified her friends, and that she had put Harry's life in danger. She loved Harry so much; she was not ashamed of it, but she was ashamed about the factthat she could not hide it. At night, she would sit in the middle of her room and allow the moonlight to pour over her. She'd close her eyes and imagine herself beuatiful; she'd imagine that Harry loved her. Falling asleep in a feigned peace, she would wake to the harsh realities of her world. Not enough money, never enough money. Her physical appearance was less that stunning; she often felt like hiding away so that no one would hae to see her, especially not Harry. She imagined him as thinking of her as a strange, ugly little girl with a twisted mind. Her parents thought that and told her so every day; without anyone knowing, of course. If they said it it had to be true, and Harry must think so as well. Her only way of coping with her disapointing, lonely life was inflicting pain on herself. Luckily, the Hogwarts robes left everything to the imagination, and no one would have imagined the scars on her arms. The pain made her head clear, it made her feel less giulty; it calmed her writhing spirit.

On a cold December evening, Ginny was lying on her bed, even though it was time for dinner. She was extremely axhausted emotionally and physically, and was fighting the urge to self injure. Closing her eyes, she asked herself a question.
"Where do I want to be right now, and what do I want to be doing?"
Immediately she imagined Harry at her side, and herself beautiful with him. They were in a warm, exotic looking place.
"Ginny, you can't stay up there for ever!"
Hermione's voice ruined her daydream. Without opening her eyes, Ginny smiled; the best part of her day was imagining her ideal life. She opened them and immediatly felt overwhelmed. She started to cut. She felt depressed about the way her life was going, and sho couldn't stand to be denied. she wished to die.

Walking to the bathroom so she could clean her arm, She found Harry leaning against the stairs to the girls dorms. "Wait!" he creid.

Panicking, she ran down the steps to the bathrooms as fast as she could, but he was quicker. Catching her by the arms, he looked at her with concern.

"where were you during dinner? We were worried."

Ginny treid to tug her arm away from him, and was not successful. Harry pulled her closer , and her arm rubbed against his. He looked down and saw her blood on his skin. Then he saw her arm.

"Ginny, o my gosh!" Harry said, his eyes becoming misty "why are you doing this?"

Running way, Ginny began to cry. She ran out of the common room and into the bitter cold. She heard his footsteps behind her. She felt him right behind her. She closed her eyes and breathed him in. She noticed her arm was wet, but not from blood. Harry was crying, and his tears were falling on her scars.

"I cant stand to see you hurting." he choked out.

Ginny began to cry. she couldn't believe that he had just said that. It seemed so impossible. She thought it would never, ever happen. Looking at him, she felt disbelief.

"really?" she whispered.

"yes, and i can't believe i didnt notice, that i didnt do anything to help you. I never mean to ignore you, it just happens, i always want to spend more time with you, i always thought you were beautiful but mysterious, like an unreachable dream." Harry said this all softly.

Ginny needed to tell him. "I just feel so worthless, like i dont deserve to live, like im not good enough for anyone, for you." breathing deeply, she felt a new lightness on her chest.

"no, Ginny, it's not true, don't believe it." He took her into his arms and held her tight.

Ginny sighed, and smiled. This was exactly were she wanted to be. Her dream had come true.

"Whatever happens," Harry breathed, "You are worth it."

Ginny felt exactly the same way.
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear