Search:

SIYE Time:17:47 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Eyes of Desire
By bubblefairy214

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 3
Summary: Ginny has a secret admirer, who keeps sending her flowers. This was a challenge for an LJ community Ten_fics awhile ago.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5350







ChapterPrinter


A/N: this was written for an LJ challenge awhile ago, totally forgot I had it.
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything, so sue me.




My name is Ginny Weasley. I’m twenty-two and still live at the Burrow with my folks. Well that’s cause of Healer school, and also cause I’m a lazy person and can’t find the time to go out and find a new home. I mean I’m perfectly capable of affording one, but the thing is I can’t cook. I’m horrible.
You’d think with my mother being who she is, that I’d be able to fry an egg. No all I’m capable of making is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Which is fine by me. Although usually I go out to eat a lot. The muggle restaurants have such good food, and it’s amazing what they can do without magic.
Right now I’m working for The Magical Menagerie in Diagon Ally, and going to Healer School. It’s a pain. I do the same thing everyday; get up and dressed, go to classes, go to work, and come home to study, and then it’s off to bed. I have no social life whatsoever. Not even a boyfriend to keep me company; they all just leave me to go fight wars. And I rarely see any of my friends from Hogwarts anymore.
I will admit though that it’s 100% my fault and that I chose school and how to pay for it. I’m on scholarship (cause I am such a good student), but that’s only for 75% of the tuition, and my parents don’t have some of that money so I have a job to pay for it. I don’t mind one bit though. I love animals; so cute and fluffy. It’s so sad they all have to be caged until they’re sold, but I offer them my company when I’m with them. They make me forget about everything and just keep and open mind.
Anyway, back to my subject…guess I didn’t make one. Oh well, today I am one of the happiest woman in the world. I have a secret admirer. Although, I don’t know if it some physco or if it’s real. All I know was that a bouquet of purple lilies and red roses were on my dresser this morning when I woke up. At first I was a little alarmed and then decided to smell them and then open the accompanying card.

My dearest Ginevra,
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
These flowers are pretty,
But not as pretty as you.
Love,
An admirer



The card made me smile, and I haven’t stopped all day. My best friend Tamika, from “Beastly Wounds and How to treat ‘em” class noticed and hasn’t stopped bothering me since. It’s horrible.
She’s from the states, and notices these things like crazy. And it drives me bloody insane. She knows when something is up and won’t take no for an answer.
“Come on girl, why are you all smiley lately? Do you get laid last night?”

It’s pathetic. “No I didn’t get laid. I got a poem from some person who thinks I’m pretty.”
Oh no, the look on her face, it was horrifying, and then she squealed.

“Ladies, is there something you’d like to tell the class.”

“Un-uh, professor. Keep goin’.”

Tamika isn’t such a good student, but she lives. She passes…barely. She’s more interested in guys. Well she would be. Back in the states I guess she was the Pansy Parkinson of the American School on the East coast she went to. But she’s awesome. Always they’re with an extra wand when I need her.
The rest of the day was boring. Except when I got to work.

“Ginny, someone sent these for you.” On the front desk, was another bouquet of flowers. This time they were daisies, and sunflowers.

The card read:

I think of you when the sun shines bright,
I think of you, when you glow with pride,
I think of your hair and you smile and your eyes,
I think of you everyday, every hour and at sunrise.
Love,
An admirer



I went into dazed expression. I didn’t know what to think. Well that is, that I needed to put my stuff in the back room and get to work, and relieve Glen.


Work was boring. No customers. I closed the shop and headed home, to study.

When I got there, Mom was in the kitchen washing dishes.

“Hello Ginny, dear. There’s a plate by the fire. And there’s also something for you in the living room.” Molly said excitedly.

Something was up. And my mother knew what was going on. And who the bloody hell was leaving all these flowers and notes? I really wanted to know. So I took my plate off the warmer by the fire, and inhaled in down. And then I went to the living room.

Sure enough there was another bouquet of flowers, to add to the other two. My room was going to smell like a funeral if this stupid arrogant bastard didn’t stop!

The card said:

Turn around, and look into my eyes,
As you put it eleven years ago,
‘ As fresh as a green pickled toad’…


“It can’t be.” I said and read on.

And now I’ll tell you what your eyes do to me.
Those chocolate brown orbs,
Melt my heart every time I see them.
They’re happy, and fun
Sometimes, chummy, and glum,
When I look into your eyes I see fire.
And then a little hint of desire.
I see all these things and wish you were mine.
I see all these features that make you divine.
So now here I come,
With my feelings askew,
Just deep down inside,
I’ve found that I love you.



Tears were brimming my eyes, as I turned around, and met the eyes of one Harry Potter. He looked so nervous. His pools of green were soft, and his face scrounged up in thought. He looked like he didn’t know what to say.

“Harry?”

He didn’t answer. I was getting ticked off. How can someone write me a poem saying they love me, after abandoning me five years ago, and then come back into my life. It’s like BAM!

“Talk to me.”

He got down on his knees and inched forward, holding a wand. He placed the wand in my hand, and hugged my stomach, and spoke into it, in a muffled voice.

“I’m so sorry, Ginny, you know it was for the best. I mustered up all my love for you and killed the bastard. All I could think about was you and how I left you, and what would happen. How many boyfriends you’d have. I kept thinking about you marrying someone and already have babies with him. I…” He stopped and stood up, looking into my eyes. “Ginny, I love you.”
And with that he kissed me. Long and hard, full of passion. Like he hadn’t kissed me in five years. Oh wait, that part is true. I put my arms around his neck, gripping the wand and kissed him back.

He was here now to stay…and if he’s not then I’m sending all these flowers back with him, so his house can smell like a funeral. Well basically it’ll be his funeral, because I love his as well.
Stupid flowers. He should of just come to me in the first place. Aw well....men are stupid.
El Fin
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear